• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 manicmechanic71

manicmechanic71

discovering Carpe

• 11 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:48 pm

I found the Spaniards in almeria appalling - no awareness or lane discipline whatsoever. The Greeks are dozy but amazingly polite and good natured, I always worry about the French because of how dented their cars are...... I don't think British drivers are any worse considering what congested roads we have! Our road surfaces are third world compared to the continent, one of the factors in me recently becoming a TDM owner!

#22 scrumpymike

scrumpymike

really likes Carpe

• 85 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:29 pm

"What struck me in France was (apart from one) the road quality."

I'm guessing you haven't ridden on the cobbled boulevards in Paris on a wet day!! :o

#23 harvey krumpet

harvey krumpet

full o shoite

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:04 pm

I was singing the praises of NZ roads on here recently. Deliberately did not mention the standard of driving... Put it this way, my last trip back to the UK was like waking up in an Advanced Driving utopia. Down here I get the impression that most drivers & a fair few riders consider road rules & staying in lane as optional. We also have a lot of 4 x 4's which only give way to bigger vehicles...Eek.

I don't buy into hi viz, it's been discussed to death & may become compulsory but if people obliviously drive into lorries, camper vans & trains what is a yellow jacket going to achieve? Ok, it just needs to work once but..

We also have the added bonus of 10's of thousands of tourists driving on the left for the first time, k'in scary at this time of year. Late apexing & maximising visibility into a corner is an absolute must!

TDM 850 Loud and unusual. CRM 250r Woo hoo! DT 230 Lanza Fiddled with.... Bloody hell, is that legal? GG Randonee AKA "I didn't think that was possible".

#24 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:18 pm

Fuck this countries drivers. Fuck 'em right up the arse! uhmyeah.gif

Signature - We're all going to die, so let's be nice  :pimp:

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#25 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:02 am

:lol:

Fuck this countries drivers. Fuck 'em right up the arse! But do it nicely ? :dunno:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users