#1 JerryS

JerryS

Carpe Regular

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • Pip
  • 137 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 16 April 2008 - 11:26 am

Over a year ago in a fit of enthusiasm I ordered some bits for my TDM900 from Powerbronze. These were a clear lens shield, a bellypan and a set of crashposts.

Only got the bellypan and crashposts because Powerbronze admitted that they didn't actually make a lens shield for the 900, even though it was on their website.

Tried to fit the bellypan last year (I never get round to things in a hurry) and ended up sending it back for a refund as the bits supplied didn't even fit together (hadn't even tried getting it on the bike at this stage).

Tried fitting the crash posts this weekend, and guess what - they don't fit together either (supplied bolts do not physically fit through the aluminium inserts in the crash posts).

Powerbronze are refusing to do anything about it as :

a) they've reset their computers and have no record of my original purchase, only the refund for the bellypan

b) it's outside the 12month period for returning goods (okay, my fault).

If I wanted more crash posts from them (unlikely), I'd have to pay full price for them.

Would you buy anything ever again from a company who, out of three items ordered, couldn't supply one as it didn't exist and supplied the other two - both of which don't fit together?
excl.gif

Fuel Cans, Baglux tank cover, Givi E21 panniers, Givi Flow top box, Yamaha centre stand, Garmin Zumo SatNav,, Givi engine bars, Barkbuster S1 handguards, Powerbronze Fender Extender and Headlight guards.

#2 Buzz

Buzz

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 16 April 2008 - 11:46 am

1. Send them a copy of this and tell them that if they don,t sort it you'll publish on all the forums that you know and in MCN etc

2. Don't let them know you've already posted here

3. Ask all forum members to ring and check if bellypan and crash posts are guaranteed to fit and what they will do if they don't

4. Burn down the factory

5. Infect their website with nasty virus thingys

6. Visit them personally if not too far away and discuss the matter calmly (That's what my Mum said to say)

Edited by Buzz, 16 April 2008 - 11:47 am.

NOSTALGIA IS NOT WHAT IT USED TO BE

#3 JollyGiant

JollyGiant

Crap Citizen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,406 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 16 April 2008 - 03:51 pm

I bought a Flip up screen and hugger from them too.... Screen had a heat mark in it and was bloody awful when fitted (Wind straight into crash hemlet!) and rear hugger just wouldn't fit.. When I rang them They said "How about if you filled and drilled some new holes to make it fit" But agreed to a full re-fund but wouldn't pay the return postage!!!!

NEVER USE THEM AGAIN excl.gif

My Super Modded TDM has gone to a new home :(

I'm now a carbon whore!

#4 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 16 April 2008 - 05:13 pm

Powerbronze is the most dismissive, arrogant bunch I've ever come across. The 900 bellypan I ordered from them arrived very slowly, and without the nuts for the main bolts (which also weren't on the parts list).. I complained by e-mail, and in my haste made a couple of typos. Their reply, after a 2-week delay, and from a guy who had "found the e-mail on a colleague's desk", was a) to suggest that I shop around for nuts and b) to make fun of my typing errors. I did get the bits - eventually - but I will never buy anything from them again (The bellypan fitted badly anyway) and I would dearly wish a very painful revenge on all of their "customer service" department. ranting.gif ranting.gif
QUOTE(Buzz @ Wed 16th Apr 2008, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1. Send them a copy of this and tell them that if they don,t sort it you'll publish on all the forums that you know and in MCN etc2. Don't let them know you've already posted here3. Ask all forum members to ring and check if bellypan and crash posts are guaranteed to fit and what they will do if they don't4. Burn down the factory5. Infect their website with nasty virus thingys6. Visit them personally if not too far away and discuss the matter calmly (That's what my Mum said to say)
7 Nuke the b******s and bury the bits!!!! cleanup.gif badgrock.gif

Edited by Pict, 16 April 2008 - 11:03 pm.

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#5 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:37 pm

jeez they sound pants to me, oil avoid at all costs.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#6 aircooled68

aircooled68

RTT11 Wales manager

• 1,581 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 16 April 2008 - 10:19 pm

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Wed 16th Apr 2008, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
jeez they sound pants to me, oil avoid at all costs.

me 2 ... nearly bought a screen

202323336-M.jpgpost-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#7 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 10:25 pm

I would Email them, adding a link to this topic and post out how many thousands of TDM owners/supporters actually take their biking seriously and are members/viewer's of the Carpe Forum.

Nobody likes a slagging and moreover a 'dealer' who's income depends on us.

#8 DazzerB

DazzerB

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 17 April 2008 - 12:13 pm

Glad you've posted this,

Was going to order a Powerbronze Bellypan for my 900, obviouslly not a good idea. . .

So can anyone recommend a Bellypan from another company that will fit the 900.

#9 Sparky

Sparky

just half a litre to go

• 809 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 17 April 2008 - 12:26 pm

QUOTE(DazzerB @ Thu 17th Apr 2008, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Glad you've posted this,

Was going to order a Powerbronze Bellypan for my 900, obviouslly not a good idea. . .

There's a genuine Yamaha one available, but I shudder to think what the price would be! blink.gif
Ex-TDM owner. Now riding a Sprint ST 1050

#10 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 12:50 pm

Nice avatar Dazzer. tongue.gif

#11 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.

Posted 17 April 2008 - 05:05 pm

Glad you've posted this,

yes 'Puig' do 900 smellypans. try and Google em.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

#12 TDMTAM

TDMTAM

Carpe Citizen

• 4,205 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 17 April 2008 - 05:12 pm

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Thu 17th Apr 2008, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was at the local Yamaha stealer today loking at a TDM900 , & noticed that the hugger is kind of short. Does the like like of powerbronze unsure.gif Puigg, skidmarks make an alternative or hugger extender for the 9'er just out of curiosity, not that I am thinking of coming out the closet.
TAM

BTW I think the Puig belly pan looks better than the powerbronze one

Edited by TDMTAM, 17 April 2008 - 05:19 pm.

2008 TDM 900 in BLACK, MRA Vario, DL handguards & more to come
1994 TDM 850 mkI Silver, with Blueflame end can, Gone to a new owner & I kinda miss her!

th_09062006104.jpg th_02012009095.jpg

Only a Biker knows why a Dog sticks it head out the car window

#13 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 05:16 pm

Tam i have details (somewhere) of a French outfit (nothing by Jean Paul Goaty-eh) that make a different hugger fer the 900's. God i hope ya don't want me to find them as oil have a nosebleed....

Edited by wicklamulla, 17 April 2008 - 05:16 pm.

#14 TDMTAM

TDMTAM

Carpe Citizen

• 4,205 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 17 April 2008 - 05:20 pm

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Thu 17th Apr 2008, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tam i have details (somewhere) of a French outfit (nothing by Jean Paul Goaty-eh) that make a different hugger fer the 900's. God i hope ya don't want me to find them as oil have a nosebleed....

good to know that there is one JIC I come out rotflmmfao.gif laugh.gif
TAM
2008 TDM 900 in BLACK, MRA Vario, DL handguards & more to come
1994 TDM 850 mkI Silver, with Blueflame end can, Gone to a new owner & I kinda miss her!

th_09062006104.jpg th_02012009095.jpg

Only a Biker knows why a Dog sticks it head out the car window

#15 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 17 April 2008 - 05:30 pm

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Thu 17th Apr 2008, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Regular eBay item - eg currently 310041557467 for black - other colours and "carbon" available.
QUOTE(TDMTAM @ Thu 17th Apr 2008, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BTW I think the Puig belly pan looks better than the powerbronze one
Agreed good.gif

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#16 BN2TDM

BN2TDM

Carpe Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 17 April 2008 - 08:08 pm

I am doing a delivery to a site that's not far from their offices tomorrow.

Could always block their front door with 10 ton of broken roof tiles tomorrow iwin.gif

Who on earth made me get a ZX9R???? I'll get 'em....

#17 JerryS

JerryS

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 137 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 17 April 2008 - 08:14 pm

Having sent Powerbronze an email effectively stating what was wrong with the crashposts (wrong sized aluminium compression washer thingies0, a nice lady (Hazel - Sales Manager) actually range me back. She even had a set of crashposts in front of her to assemble to understand my problem.

Result is that she is sending me the correct inserts, and if i had any more problems to get back to her.

So after giving them a good bashing (I was more than a tad annoyed and after 3 hours they hadn't called me back (it took the later email to make that happen) ), I do feel slightly guilty that maybe I could have given them another chance unsure.gif

The reason I never got round to trying to fit them earlier was because of the various threads stating that crashposts/bungs/thingies were the root of all evil and that I should fit engine bars instead.

Fuel Cans, Baglux tank cover, Givi E21 panniers, Givi Flow top box, Yamaha centre stand, Garmin Zumo SatNav,, Givi engine bars, Barkbuster S1 handguards, Powerbronze Fender Extender and Headlight guards.

#18 Guest_Pantboy_*

Guest_Pantboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2008 - 07:33 am

QUOTE(brightonTDM @ Thu 17th Apr 2008, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am doing a delivery to a site that's not far from their offices tomorrow.

Could always block their front door with 10 ton of broken roof tiles tomorrow iwin.gif

you deliver broken roof tiles for a living!!!!

#19 hallrob1

hallrob1

has been here 4ever

• 1,098 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 18 April 2008 - 08:50 am

QUOTE(Sparky @ Thu 17th Apr 2008, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's a genuine Yamaha one available, but I shudder to think what the price would be! blink.gif

The list price is £199 ohmy.gif but George White have a black one on EBay - 310040670198 - for £90 plus post.

I'm sorely tempted but shouldn't be spending any money at the moment........so do me a favour and buy it and take away the temptation

1999 Gilera Runner 125SP, 2002 Piaggio X9 250, 2004 Bandit 600, 2005 TDM 900, 2007 Honda CB1300S, 2008 Tiger 1050, 1996 Triumph Sprint 900, 2006 Tiger 955i, 2018 Triumph Tiger Sport,  2023 Triumph Tiger 900, XJR1300, 2011 (2009) TDM 900, 

Farkles - Laser Duo Techs, MTC Stainless Exhausts, Laser Duo Techs, Power Commander and custom map, Tenere 1200 Handguards, Yamaha Heated Grips, MRA Vario screen, SW Motech Alurack,  Givi and Hepco and Becker top boxes, Givi Engine bars, Garmin Zumo XT

#20 Guest_Negwedar_*

Guest_Negwedar_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:17 am

Glad you've posted this,

I have a Puig bellypan in the garage, in "black-for-painting" with slight heat damage (I didn't notice until I took it off), you can have it if you want, I'm just over the bridge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users