#21 DazzerB

DazzerB

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 18 April 2008 - 03:11 pm

QUOTE(Negwedar @ Fri 18th Apr 2008, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a Puig bellypan in the garage, in "black-for-painting" with slight heat damage (I didn't notice until I took it off), you can have it if you want, I'm just over the bridge.

Hi Negwedar,

Just sent you a PM.

#22 Mikey B

Mikey B

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 289 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 20 April 2008 - 07:50 pm

Ordered a Puig belly pan from Busters for £90. Should have it by the end of the month - takes 30 days to be delivered.

http://www.busters-a...ucts.asp?id=389.

Was told that the Puig ones are bike specific where as Powerbronze are not, hence the 30 day delivery time.

Will let you know how easy it is to fit when it arrives.

#23 laughin in a windstorm

laughin in a windstorm

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 21 April 2008 - 05:52 am

I had difficulty getting a TDM850 bellypan to fit a few years ago, I had to cut it in half and add some fibreglass inserts to get it to fit, but then a GPZ750 engine is a bit wider so I mustn't grumble
it's not my time to go, it's not my time to die
the last thing I want is for my family to cry

#24 BN2TDM

BN2TDM

Carpe Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 26 April 2008 - 08:51 pm

QUOTE(Pantboy @ Fri 18th Apr 2008, 08:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you deliver broken roof tiles for a living!!!!

No......

But if you hit the wrong lever on the HIAB rotflmmfao.gif It's happened before unsure.gif
Who on earth made me get a ZX9R???? I'll get 'em....

#25 JollyGiant

JollyGiant

Crap Citizen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,406 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 27 April 2008 - 02:31 pm

QUOTE(brightonTDM @ Sat 26th Apr 2008, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No......

But if you hit the wrong lever on the HIAB rotflmmfao.gif It's happened before unsure.gif

Same with a fork truck I've had many a accident with everyting from a pallet of fish tanks to a 6ft square box full of re-cycled plastic bead thingy's rotflmmfao.gif

Best I can remember is a 1000ltrs of molases...Forks straight into the bottom of tank rotflmmfao.gif you cant stop the flow...Just had too wait and wait and wait the shovel it straight into a skip yahoo.gif

My Super Modded TDM has gone to a new home :(

I'm now a carbon whore!

#26 DazzerB

DazzerB

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 08:30 pm

I would like to say a big THANK YOU to John (Negwedar) for the offer of his Puig bellypan, all it cost me was a cup of coffee, thats what you call a bargain. . . yahoo.gif

I was good to meet up last Friday and have a chat with a fellow TDM owner, hopefully the first of many. John was trying to persuade me to go on the RTT08 trip but im having big problems persuading HWMBO to agree.

#27 Mikey B

Mikey B

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 08:29 pm

QUOTE(Mikey B @ Sun 20th Apr 2008, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ordered a Puig belly pan from Busters for £90. Should have it by the end of the month - takes 30 days to be delivered.

Was told that the Puig ones are bike specific where as Powerbronze are not, hence the 30 day delivery time.

Will let you know how easy it is to fit when it arrives.

Collected and fitted today. Took less than 20 mins to fit

#28 DazzerB

DazzerB

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 08:49 pm

[quote name='Mikey B' date='Wed 7th May 2008, 09:14 PM' post='82137']
Collected and fitted today. Took less than 20 mins to fit

Hi Mikey,

Have you still got the fitting instruction for your Bellypan ??

I haven't got round to fitting mine yet, as John's passing comment was " I think i've attached the brackets in the correct positions. . but i'm not 100% sure". . . and I dont want to remove the wrong engine bolt trying to attach it incorrectly.

#29 Mikey B

Mikey B

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 08:56 pm

Yep still got them.

Which would you prefer

Scan them e-mail them to you,or do you want me to photocopy them and send them in the post to you?

Mikey B

Edited by Mikey B, 07 May 2008 - 08:59 pm.

#30 DazzerB

DazzerB

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 09:06 pm

Hi Mikey,

Many thanks for your quick reply, a scan and e-mail would be OK, is it possible to attach a scan to a PM ??

DazzerB

#31 Mikey B

Mikey B

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 09:12 pm

Not sure.

PM me your e-mail address. Hopefully can then send it tomorrow evening if time allows.

#32 yawner

yawner

discovering Carpe

• 13 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 06:59 pm

Sorry to resurrect this - haven`t been here for a while punishment.gif

Just had to add my experience of the Powerbronze "service".

A few years ago I had a (Hinckley) Triumph Trident I sent off to Powerbronze for a twin headlamp 'Sprint' style fairing. To help them colour match, I sent my grabrail. This is what I got for about £450 IIRC:

1. Grabrail was returned in something which was little more than an envelope, ie offering no protection. Thats probably why there were dints and chunks of paint out of it.

2. Fairing was impossible to fit. Fair enough, I'm no expert engineer (funnily enough the advert didn`t mention that as a pre-requisite) but my friend is. With his help, and some new brackets he made the thing eventually was coaxed into position. Then we came to attach the mirrors they provided. My friend warned that he didn`t think the fibreglass was strong enough to hold them, so I rang Powerbronze who said "oh, there's no problem, they'll be fine". Gently attached mirrors. Next day there was a stress crack running from the mirror across the fairing....

ranting.gif

At this stage I gave up with Powerbronze. They weren`t answering my communications and I didn`t have the time or patience for legal action. Fairing was taking to plastic welders to fix and reinforce mirror attachment points. Even then it was a crap fairing. Why I didn`t just buy the standard Triumph Sprint gear I don`t know. Trying to save a few quid I guess. rolleyes.gif

Powerbronze? I wouldn`t buy a toffee apple from them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users