• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Cclivve

Cclivve

sticking around

• 27 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 27 October 2018 - 07:35 am

Anyone fitted a Nautilus airhorn and found the best position? Finding it a bit awkward. Had the same problem on my V-Strom until someone came up with a brilliant solution so I'm hoping it'll happen again.
After my first 6 months of TDM ownership still can't find any major gripe and hardly any small ones. Just a brilliant, comfortable all rounder that gives me smiles and no sore bones.

#2 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 27 October 2018 - 09:55 am

Mine was fitted underneath the right side fairing, it's about the only place to hide it away.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#3 Cclivve

Cclivve

sticking around

• 27 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 10:18 am

Is there really enough room, I looked but thought it was unlikely to fit. Now I'm encouraged to look again, thank you.

#4 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 11:16 am

Mine was underneath that fairing for years, should fit.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#5 Joe90

Joe90

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 105 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 27 October 2018 - 12:02 pm

Ditto

There's a thread with some pics here

http://www.carpe-tdm...pic=2163&page=2

If the link doesn't work just search for Nautilus and you'll find it.

#6 jiff

jiff

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 27 October 2018 - 12:11 pm

......as an alternative to consider:
I fitted twin Stebel Magnum horns......albeit to a 4TX (mk.2)
they fit quite comfortably, one each side, under the plastic fairing shrouds
(which admittedly maybe more bulbous / accommodating than those on a 900)

but are perfectly LOUD !

Jiff.

#7 trevini

trevini

has been here 4ever

• 1,770 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 27 October 2018 - 09:48 pm

Stebel Magnums on my niner too.

2004 Galaxy Blue. Owned since 486 miles.Renthal 755 bars, Bagster tank cover, Oxford heated grips, DL650 hand guards, Double Bubble screen, Scorpion Rad guard, Gel pad insert, HLD undertray, Angry Badger tailtidy,  Michelin Road 5s, Givi E21s, E46 topbox, Ohlins shock and YSS cartridge emulators   Currently not fitted - PC3, Remus Revolutions.

LCErj.jpg

Putting up with the "niner" jokes since 2005
Check out http://www.hotcoldground.co.uk we're really rather good!
Like food? I feed people -  SmokinGrillGuy <p>

#8 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 29 October 2018 - 01:36 pm

The link joe90 gave shows and 850 so not sure, but I fitted one under the side fairing a long time ago. Don't know what it is with me and horns but they never last longer than 6 months! 

#9 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 01:42 pm

Folks i did'nt make it up for a giggle, the horn (Nautilus) fit's under a 2002 side fairing, it's a tad tight but it's not a problem.

#10 Joe90

Joe90

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 105 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 29 October 2018 - 04:03 pm

The link joe90 gave shows and 850 so not sure, but I fitted one under the side fairing a long time ago. Don't know what it is with me and horns but they never last longer than 6 months! 

If you scroll to the end of the thread you'll see pics of installation on a niner

#11 Cclivve

Cclivve

sticking around

• 27 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 11:44 pm

I found a good spot for the air horn after fitting protection bars. Any easy made bracket holds it securely. I have since tidied up a bit using countersunk head bolts.Good to have the big noise maker back in action, the standard horn is pathetic. Why do bike manafacturers use such wimpy horns I wonder?Attached File  IMG_1632.PNG   1.33MB   0 downloads

Edited by Cclivve, 19 November 2018 - 02:55 am.

#12 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,753 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 15 November 2018 - 04:44 pm

I found a good spot for the air horn after fitting protection bars. Any easy made bracket holds it securely. I have since tidied up a bit using countersunk head bolts.Good to have the big noise maker back in action, the standard horn is pathetic. Why do bike manafacturers use such wimpy horns I wonder?

should hear the Qashqai horn, sounds like a fart in a box

bought some Chinese snail horns and they make me jump

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#13 harvey krumpet

harvey krumpet

has been here 4ever

• 2,049 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 15 November 2018 - 07:55 pm

Snail horns...... Lol. Do they charge each other during mating season? Can't be much of a spectator sport.

I think my horn is a Nautilus. I fabricated a wee bracket to keep it out of harms way and put it in the original place on my 850. Been trouble free for a good few years now.

TDM 850 Loud and unusual. CRM 250r Woo hoo! DT 230 Lanza Fiddled with.... Bloody hell, is that legal? GG Randonee AKA "I didn't think that was possible".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users