13 replies to this topic

#1 aussie9

aussie9

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 62 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 19 March 2009 - 01:58 pm

Hi everyone, Ian from Australia.
I've been looking around here for a while and finally decided to join up.
Good collection of bikes, people and experiences in here so this should be fun. yahoo.gif

Have been riding for many years and last month purchased a new black 900 to go with my FZ6.
Just 3 weeks old and the 900 has been clobbered by a car.
It will be off the road for a while.
No damage to me so I'm getting around on the FZ6.
I see a few aussie blokes in here too. I'm looking forward to making the connections.

Cheers, Ian
Ian
miles <===> smiles

#2 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 19 March 2009 - 02:06 pm

Hey Ian, hope the 9er heals up quick
did the car just want a kiss or was it a smidsy?
we loike pics, even with battle scars

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#3 JollyGiant

JollyGiant

Crap Citizen

• 3,406 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 19 March 2009 - 02:11 pm

welcome.gif

Hi form the Jolly big bloke from blighty clapping.gif

As tony say we like battle scars makes them look all USED and knarley like a old warrior yahoo.gif

My Super Modded TDM has gone to a new home :(

I'm now a carbon whore!

#4 divvxj

divvxj

has been here 4ever

• 1,296 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 19 March 2009 - 05:47 pm

hi , and dont forget the piccies drinks.gif

#5 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• 6,103 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:17 pm

Did anyone remember to mention that we like pictures? blink.gif

Simple way to do it is to load them to http://www.photobucket.com and just paste them in (copy the [IMG] bit).
Posted Image

Always tell the truth, it will gratify some of the people and astonish the rest. (Mark Twain)
£

Stebel Nautilus air-horn, Corbin seat, MRA Touring screen, single Delkevic silencer.
"I see by your outfit that you are a spaceman"(MkI (3VD) TDM Review)
Hints for using Carpe-TDM. (photo's, links, etc).

#6 Moose

Moose

Master Cake Baker

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 3,312 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:41 pm

QUOTE(tdm850rider @ Thu 19th Mar 2009, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did anyone remember to mention that we like pictures? blink.gif
Simple way to do it is to load them to http://www.photobucket.com and just paste them in (copy the [IMG] bit).

I believe cake is as good as pics tongue.gif munching_out.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carpe-TDM.net - A place where everyone can have their cake and eat it!!!!!

TDM900/A 2007 Black, DL650 XTZ1200 Super Ten Handguards, Oxford Heated Grips, Double Bubble Screen, Fenda Extenda, Pipe Werx Oval Black SL Zorsts, R+G Crash Bungs, Mirror Extenders, Wilbers Rear Shock with Remote Hydraulic Preload, Wilbers Progressive Fork Springs, Scottoiler Touring Kit, Clear LED Rear Light Unit, Clear Indicators, PUIG Bellypan, V46 + 2 x E41 Keyless Luggage, Black Renthal 755 Medium Road Bars with Brace, 3 x 12v Accessory Socket, Beowolf Rad Guard.

TDM has moved on, i now own a Black 2009 Honda VFR 800 VTEC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Without cake, we are merely just people who ride bikes

#7 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:44 pm

My mother-in-law's baking used to taste like cardboard, right enough. blink.gif

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#8 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• 6,103 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:48 pm

QUOTE(Moose @ Thu 19th Mar 2009, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I believe cake is as good as pics tongue.gif munching_out.gif

So a picture of cake...

Posted Image

Always tell the truth, it will gratify some of the people and astonish the rest. (Mark Twain)
£

Stebel Nautilus air-horn, Corbin seat, MRA Touring screen, single Delkevic silencer.

#9 giza

giza

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 147 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 20 March 2009 - 08:20 am

QUOTE(Aussie900 @ Thu 19th Mar 2009, 11:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi everyone, Ian from Australia.
I've been looking around here for a while and finally decided to join up.
Good collection of bikes, people and experiences in here so this should be fun. yahoo.gif

Have been riding for many years and last month purchased a new black 900 to go with my FZ6.
Just 3 weeks old and the 900 has been clobbered by a car.
It will be off the road for a while.
No damage to me so I'm getting around on the FZ6.
I see a few aussie blokes in here too. I'm looking forward to making the connections.

Cheers, Ian

AhGidday.
Some have all the luck...only 3 weeks in too sad.gif

I traded a 2004 FX6 in for my 06 TDM. Nice bike but the memsahib and me together rather overwhelmed the poor thing...then again I believe the later models had the power band revised somewhat.
anyway welcome aboard.
Giza in Brisvegas.

#10 aussie9

aussie9

• 62 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:36 am

pics, yeah, got a few.
This is not what I had in mind as way of an intro to this forum btw. I'd much rather talk touring or bike mods. So give it a few weeks and everything should return to normal.
Took delivery on a Wednesday and was determined to clock the first service km's in the first weekend.
That proved to be very easy.
The weekend went well with 1300 km clocked up and the first service done on Monday

Leaving work Tuesday, traveling the lane at the rear of work when a ford van reversed from its park spot and got me.
I connected with the rear doors and the tow bar then fell to the road. My road speed about 20-25kmh.
Completed the insurance quote today and it looks like it will be a write-off.

Front end totally stuffed along with complete fairing and mounting frame. RH muffler scratched as well as the headlight.
My Shoei did its job so that needs replacing too. Me, I'm fine. Just a headache.

If all goes well I'll end up with a new machine. The quote for repairs is only just short of buying a new bike.

Ian
miles <===> smiles

#11 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• 6,103 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:30 am

That's a shame... I woild have dried, I would have just sat down and cried. ahhhhh.gif
Posted Image

£

#12 Guest_celticbiker_*

Guest_celticbiker_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2009 - 04:46 pm

OOhh that looks nasty, howd it happen?, hope they can repair it and it aint bent the frame.
So, you hail from Mildura,,,,,,,,IIRC isn't that where the God like Jason Crump calls home? and Phil and I guess the legendary Niel Street lives near by too?

#13 Galilee

Galilee

850 going for 900

• 892 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 20 March 2009 - 05:17 pm

Welcome to the loony bin and congrats on ANOTHER new TDM. Hope it lasts longer than the first one.
Too Freud to rock'n'roll, too Jung to die.

#14 aussie9

aussie9

• 62 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 08:57 pm

I was pretty upset but too shocked to shed a tear. Considering it was only 24 days since I knocked over while riding the FZ6 it was more like - Oh shit , not again !".
At least the FZ is still ridable. The insurance man is checking it out this week.

Yes the Crump family do come from this area as well as Leigh Adams. This photo is the citrus property where Leigh grew up. His father still owns and runs this place today.

I"m not sure where Neil lives.
celticbiker are you a speedway fan?
The Mildura track, Olympic Park, is just 4km from here and I can usually hear the bikes when they race.
I did spent several years in the control tower at the track as the judge / timekeeper, but I haven't been involved for over 10 years now.
My interests have changed. I'd rather be out there somewhere doing my own riding.
The good thing about living here is we can ride all year round.

Edited by Aussie900, 21 March 2009 - 03:12 am.

Ian
miles <===> smiles

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users