#1 Nosaj

Nosaj

Carpe junky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 26 June 2006 - 08:41 am

Has anybody seen these little devices before , You attach them to your helmet and if your unfortunate enough to drop your lid/ or the baby uses it as a potty. the light comes on to tell you that the helmets damaged, or stinks of piss. there only 20 Quid. and they come in black / blue / grey or chrome

dunno how to put the web fingy on so ill just www.motohaus.com.

shall i be the Guinee Pig ?

#2 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,103 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 26 June 2006 - 10:18 am

QUOTE(Nosaj @ Mon 26th Jun 2006, 03:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Has anybody seen these little devices before , You attach them to your helmet and if your unfortunate enough to drop your lid/ or the baby uses it as a potty. the light comes on to tell you that the helmets damaged, or stinks of piss. there only 20 Quid. and they come in black / blue / grey or chrome

You gonna have someone pee in your helmet? huh.gif
Posted Image

Always tell the truth, it will gratify some of the people and astonish the rest. (Mark Twain)
£

Stebel Nautilus air-horn, Corbin seat, MRA Touring screen, single Delkevic silencer.
"I see by your outfit that you are a spaceman"(MkI (3VD) TDM Review)
Hints for using Carpe-TDM. (photo's, links, etc).

#3 Nosaj

Nosaj

Carpe junky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 11:46 am

QUOTE(tdm850rider @ Mon 26th Jun 2006, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You gonna have someone pee in your helmet? huh.gif

Stranger things have happened , and anyway it makes your hair grow

#4 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 26 June 2006 - 11:55 am

QUOTE(Nosaj @ Mon 26th Jun 2006, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Stranger things have happened , and anyway it makes your hair grow yellow and curly

huh.gif blink.gif unsure.gif

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#5 Nosaj

Nosaj

Carpe junky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 01:48 pm

QUOTE(Toneski @ Mon 26th Jun 2006, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
huh.gif blink.gif unsure.gif

i wonde why my hair has turned brown ? blink.gif

#6 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 26 June 2006 - 03:04 pm

sounds like you just wanna spend money fer the sake of spending munny. oil tell ya wot, send me a tenner AND NO BE BODDERING WITH THAT "SHOITE DEVICE" and that'll save ya 50%. see im doin ya a favour me auld china potty......

Edited by wicklamulla, 26 June 2006 - 03:04 pm.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#7 Nosaj

Nosaj

Carpe junky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 04:40 pm

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Mon 26th Jun 2006, 03:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sounds like you just wanna spend money fer the sake of spending munny. oil tell ya wot, send me a tenner AND NO BE BODDERING WITH THAT "SHOITE DEVICE" and that'll save ya 50%. see im doin ya a favour me auld china potty......

do i detect a hint of sceptisicm , in the claims of the advertised product ? , if you think there that bad, then ive just found a good present for my brother in laws birf day smile.gif

#8 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 27 June 2006 - 05:28 am

QUOTE(Nosaj @ Mon 26th Jun 2006, 09:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe this is self-justifying - the adhesive knackers your helmet so you have to invest in another set....?
I'd just save the cash and keep an ear open for the sound of polymer hitting something hard?

Pict

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#9 Cpeders

Cpeders

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 101 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 27 June 2006 - 11:55 am

QUOTE(Nosaj @ Mon 26th Jun 2006, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i wonde why my hair has turned brown ? blink.gif

Soon I will have no hair left.... My head looks like this yellow roud thing... rolleyes.gif
Grey - 98 TDM 850--------------post-1-1150559830.gif

My photos at Flickr

#10 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.

Posted 27 June 2006 - 12:04 pm

QUOTE(Pict @ Tue 27th Jun 2006, 06:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe this is self-justifying - the adhesive knackers your helmet so you have to invest in another set....?
I'd just save the cash and keep an ear open for the sound of polymer hitting something hard?

Pict

or then you'd "be concerned" that the monitoring device cud stop werking so you'll need a monitor monitoring device....etc etc etc etc etc zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

#11 Guest_Emmett_*

Guest_Emmett_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2006 - 05:59 pm

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Tue 27th Jun 2006, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
or then you'd "be concerned" that the monitoring device cud stop werking so you'll need a monitor monitoring device....etc etc etc etc etc zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Jaysus wicky what's wrong with you today ya grumpy sod, time of the month??? huh.gif

#12 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 07:28 pm

rotflmmfao.gif yahoo.gif
QUOTE(Emmett @ Tue 27th Jun 2006, 06:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jaysus wicky what's wrong with you today ya grumpy sod, time of the month??? huh.gif

must be all the red meat im a'tin lately ranting.gif ranting.gif ranting.gif yahoo.gif

#13 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• 6,103 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 09:03 pm

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Tue 27th Jun 2006, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
rotflmmfao.gif yahoo.gif
must be all the red meat im a'tin lately ranting.gif ranting.gif ranting.gif yahoo.gif

Got youself a native american girlfriend?

(or boyfriend? Musn't play favorites)
Posted Image

Always tell the truth, it will gratify some of the people and astonish the rest. (Mark Twain)
£

Stebel Nautilus air-horn, Corbin seat, MRA Touring screen, single Delkevic silencer.

#14 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 06:08 pm

QUOTE(tdm850rider @ Tue 27th Jun 2006, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Got youself a native american girlfriend?

(or boyfriend? Musn't play favorites)

he he he read that 3 times afore i got it !!!! yeahyeahyeah.gif

#15 JohnnyW

JohnnyW

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 30 June 2006 - 10:51 pm

QUOTE(Nosaj @ Mon 26th Jun 2006, 09:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Has anybody seen these little devices before , You attach them to your helmet and if your unfortunate enough to drop your lid/ or the baby uses it as a potty. the light comes on to tell you that the helmets damaged

Dont see the point of this device. Read an article a couple of years ago that questioned the accepted wisdom that if you dropped your lid and scratched it then you should bin it and buy a new one. They dropped lids from a variety of heights and found that structural integrity of the helmet was intact. It seems that its only when you have something inside the lid, ie yer napper, and have a fall then the padding inside the helmet deforms to absorb the energy. Then you have to change your lid. If it falls off the seat and bounces across the road and chips the paint then no requirement to change your lid.

Johnny W
Two wrongs dont make a right but three rights make a left.

#16 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• 6,103 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 12:26 am

QUOTE(JohnnyW @ Fri 30th Jun 2006, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dont see the point of this device. Read an article a couple of years ago that questioned the accepted wisdom that if you dropped your lid and scratched it then you should bin it and buy a new one. They dropped lids from a variety of heights and found that structural integrity of the helmet was intact. It seems that its only when you have something inside the lid, ie yer napper, and have a fall then the padding inside the helmet deforms to absorb the energy. Then you have to change your lid. If it falls off the seat and bounces across the road and chips the paint then no requirement to change your lid.

Johnny W

Could that rumor have been started by.... helmet manufacture's makers.
Posted Image

£

#17 viper_biker

viper_biker

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 01 July 2006 - 12:31 am

Or what about just buying an Arai and getting it tested (for free) if you drop it and think you have damaged it. All other lid makers don't provide this service.
2005 GSX-R 750, 1991 VFR400 NC30 (road), 1989 VFR400 NC30 (race)

#18 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 11:17 am

QUOTE(viper_biker @ Sat 1st Jul 2006, 01:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or what about just buying an Arai and getting it tested (for free) if you drop it and think you have damaged it. All other lid makers don't provide this service.

aye i sent me arry in fer the test las year.................it passed ok (passed what though??) funny ting is i waited fer 2 year after "the off" afore i boddered to get the lid tested laugh.gif they did give me an official looking page of headed paper saying twas safe fer use.

#19 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• 6,103 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 11:25 am

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Mon 10th Jul 2006, 07:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
aye i sent me arry in fer the test las year.................it passed ok (passed what though??) funny ting is i waited fer 2 year after "the off" afore i boddered to get the lid tested laugh.gif they did give me an official looking page of headed paper saying twas safe fer use.

The Arai safety department: 'I don't see no holes, grab a form and mail this fecker back out.'
Posted Image

£

#20 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 07:11 pm

QUOTE(tdm850rider @ Mon 10th Jul 2006, 12:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Arai safety department: 'I don't see no holes, grab a form and mail this fecker back out.'

yer prolly fairly accurate dare Tom. rumour has it they used to scan or x-ray the lids somehow, doubt it though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users