• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Difflock

Difflock

really likes Carpe

• 90 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 21 July 2006 - 12:13 pm

I rode like a complete and utter twat to get to work this morning.. ranting.gif Using all 4 lanes of the M6

Sorry..
Maybe I'll give the keys away before I get caught or die....

Bikes make people do bad stuff...

Diff. on a guilt trip.
It isn't how fast you ride, It's how you ride fast..

#2 laughin in a windstorm

laughin in a windstorm

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 21 July 2006 - 12:40 pm

wow, you must have some really wide panniers.
it's not my time to go, it's not my time to die
the last thing I want is for my family to cry

#3 bondy

bondy

850 going for 900

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 21 July 2006 - 01:43 pm

QUOTE(Difflock @ Fri 21st Jul 2006, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I rode like a complete and utter twat to get to work this morning.. ranting.gif Using all 4 lanes of the M6
Sorry..

Diff. on a guilt trip.

Me, Tonski & me bro did the same thing on the way up to RTT. Naughty but nice.

#4 Guinness

Guinness

has been here 4ever

• 1,657 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 21 July 2006 - 02:42 pm

on the way home from RTT, bondy (see a pattern starting) & me did the same on the way to bondys place ...

nice to know UK plod arent allowed to setup hidden speedcams in unmarked vehicles ...
I'm an insomniac agnostic dyslexic. I lay awake at night and wonder if there really is a dog.

yamaha : xv535/92-92 | red TDM850/92-05 | silver TDM900A/05-

get them here

#5 Difflock

Difflock

really likes Carpe

• 90 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 21 July 2006 - 02:53 pm

Err.. they're not?

Phew.... sad.gif
It isn't how fast you ride, It's how you ride fast..

#6 Guinness

Guinness

has been here 4ever

• 1,657 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 21 July 2006 - 04:08 pm

well, i sure hope not ...
I'm an insomniac agnostic dyslexic. I lay awake at night and wonder if there really is a dog.

yamaha : xv535/92-92 | red TDM850/92-05 | silver TDM900A/05-

get them here

#7 viper_biker

viper_biker

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 21 July 2006 - 05:08 pm

Sounds like my usual jaunt to work every morning. Traffic light racer against any car/bike. B road - motorway (also using all lanes) - city centre. Work isn't too far away (about 7 miles) but at worst it takes about 15/17 minutes (depending on how well spaced the cars are for filtering). Result, if I was in the car it would take easy 30 mins.
2005 GSX-R 750, 1991 VFR400 NC30 (road), 1989 VFR400 NC30 (race)

#8 jht

jht

has been here 4ever

• 1,769 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 07:09 pm

Run home

Central London to J3 M3, taking in most of Embankment, Warwick Rd, A4, A316

47 minutes

(I am NOT always in that kinda rush! plod.gif isurrender.gif )

What you describe is an average days commute in and outta the smoke

However at the moment its made worse by f*cking SUMMER RIDERS

TWATS ranting.gif mad.gif ranting.gif mad.gif

I think it must be a summmer sport where they get points for;

1/ riding big chrome tractorbike things that go potato potato potato on tickover in the middle of the road in traffic, thereby blocking any other bike from filtering
( I think they get points for the bigger the queue of bikes they can form behind them)

2/ riding sports bikes or fast scooters in flipflops, shorts, tshirt or shirt sleeves (extra points for style here)
very fast through traffic, cutting up cars and other bikes, forcing both to swerve outta the way.
Points are awarded i think for speed thru traffic, minimal attire, and number of regular bike commuters you can cut up/ overtake/ undertake/ sit behind revving your engine to the redline whilst in traffic or at lights.

Mate compared to them you have nowt to worry about cool.gif

Edited by jht, 21 July 2006 - 07:10 pm.

Done: Homo sap navigation/ twisty thing on bars to make it go vroom/ grabby thing to make it stop (in front of twisty thing)/ 'leccy things front and rear to make it glow at night/ Sucky + drippy oiler thing to keep chains moist (!!) / Laser Pro Stock Race pipes / bleeding ear drums (see previous mod)
To do: Educate homo sap nav system to operate twisty + grabby things/ get ear plugs

All Trashed Now... Pants... its a Cat B Mwahahaha it lives again!!

Remember every driver is a deaf myoptic twat who is out to kill you, ALWAYS assume they are going to do THE most f*cking DUMBASS, STUPID manouver possible, at the worst possible moment; get past, and get past quick

#9 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 23 July 2006 - 07:20 pm

QUOTE(bondy @ Fri 21st Jul 2006, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Me, Tonski & me bro did the same thing on the way up to RTT. Naughty but nice.

was good fun, but a little naughty tongue.gif

you get used to filtering when you commute on the M25.
you also get a kind of 6th sense for people who are about to change lane/get out of the car to get something from the boot etc.

i will agree about summer riders too, they seem to be car drivers who ride bikes, rather than bikers and their (lack of) observation skills is scary.
now that isnt the same for everyone, some people are good riders without riding all the time.

i had some fun ones on Monday, atleast 12 people actively tried to kill me.
100 miles commute from Southend to Reading that took 3 hours.
A127 was closed so had to scoot over to A12 and M25 (jct25ish) road works have made lanes that are too narrow for filtering safely.
....also R6 riders who wont go thru spaces that I could get a bus thru. ranting.gif ranting.gif ranting.gif

confession : i had a scratch done the side of a pannier when i got to work that wasnt there before.
must have been closer to something than i thought. rolleyes.gif

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#10 duibhce Kaelann

duibhce Kaelann

has been here 4ever

• 1,147 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 23 July 2006 - 09:54 pm

QUOTE(jht @ Fri 21st Jul 2006, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
riding sports bikes or fast scooters in flipflops, shorts, tshirt or shirt sleeves (extra points for style here)

They look even better in their white socks...

... especially with some road rash all over their limbs.
Yamaha XJ600S Diversion '94
Yamaha XJ900S Diversion '97
Suzuki SV650S '01
Yamaha TDM900 '04

Yamaha XT660Z Ténéré '08 + Yamaha TRX850 '97

I'll let go of my throttle when they pry it from my cold, dead hands...

#11 ROB1

ROB1

Knight of Postsalot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 07:36 pm

QUOTE(Guinness @ Fri 21st Jul 2006, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
on the way home from RTT, bondy (see a pattern starting) & me did the same on the way to bondys place ...

nice to know UK plod arent allowed to setup hidden speedcams in unmarked vehicles ...

they do dont they?White vans with cameras pointing out the back.Have read if a bike is going really fast(they read 4ward facing No. plates )the copper can note ur number & you can still get nicked.

#12 Big Bird

Big Bird

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 21 September 2006 - 09:45 pm

Ahh, I remember the days of commuting on my old ex-police K-series. Racing other bikes out of the toll gates on the M4, dodging and weaving across 3 lanes through the slow paced tin-tops, trying to stay ahead of GSXR-1100’s and VFR750’s (this was quite some time ago) only to hit the apex of a corner to find the traffic ahead totally stopped. It’s a carpark as far as you can see, and it’s only 100m away! Whoa girl. Zappy new 1100’s and 750’s were able to brake and stop in time. My old K100? Not a chance. Didn’t even try. There’s nothing like barreling down the narrow gap between 2 lanes of stopped traffic at 140km/h with a bike a wide as a barn door. Ahh, those were the days.

#13 Nanook

Nanook

needs a 2nd hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 28 September 2006 - 11:37 am

QUOTE(Difflock @ Fri 21st Jul 2006, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry..

Diff. on a guilt trip.

My commute is pretty bad - twelve miles to work on the A87. Horrible bendy roads and those twisties at Eilean Donan Castle are designed purposely by God to be ridden fast (officer). Gets a bit boring with bugger all traffic to sport with though at 7.30 am. And, of course, it was persisting down with howling winds this morning. banana.gif banana.gif
Beware the whitevanman!

#14 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 28 September 2006 - 09:58 pm

QUOTE(Nanook @ Thu 28th Sep 2006, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My commute is pretty bad - twelve miles to work on the A87. Horrible bendy roads and those twisties at Eilean Donan Castle are designed purposely by God to be ridden fast (officer). Gets a bit boring with bugger all traffic to sport with though at 7.30 am. And, of course, it was persisting down with howling winds this morning. banana.gif banana.gif

gotta agree with ya dare Nanook, wicked roads wet or dry wink.gif

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#15 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 29 September 2006 - 08:31 am

Aye brill road - one of my all time faves banana.gif

Even in the wet on the GTT when we were hoofin' it across to Nanook's hoose for a cuppa (pity about the dearth of cake wink.gif ) my worn Z6 let go on a white line in 3rd - certainly livened up the proceedings huh.gif

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#16 Guest_Emmett_*

Guest_Emmett_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2006 - 09:21 am

QUOTE(dandywarhol @ Fri 29th Sep 2006, 09:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aye brill road - one of my all time faves banana.gif

Even in the wet on the GTT when we were hoofin' it across to Nanook's hoose for a cuppa (pity about the dearth of cake wink.gif ) my worn Z6 let go on a white line in 3rd - certainly livened up the proceedings huh.gif

I thought making a balls of that wheelie would have been exciting enough for an ould fella. tongue.gif

#17 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 02 October 2006 - 08:04 am

QUOTE(Emmett @ Fri 29th Sep 2006, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought making a balls of that wheelie would have been exciting enough for an ould fella. tongue.gif

twas exciting enuf fer me to see anyway huh.gif

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users