2 replies to this topic

#1 Readmarx

Readmarx

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 26 September 2006 - 04:51 pm

Popped down to see a mate in Tetbury over the weekend - after having popped upto Cadwell to watch another racing. My mate in Tetbury works for George White and had a company bike - a new GSXR600. I've never been a fan of fours, but 'uck me what a ride...

Made me feel like John Holmes. The little gal screaming away beneath me made me feel like a riding god. It redlines at 14k and will do 90mph in first! Just riding through town at 30mph in first has the bike upto 6k and it sounds like it's going to explode between the exhaust note & induction roar. Out on the open road getting it to 130 happened in an instant - honest occifer. The front end is amazing, turns in very quick, but is stable despite it being on squared off 014's. We swapped bikes and I rode the gixer over to Ledbury from Tetbury along some twisty b-roads. I had to thrash the bike to keep up with Steve on my RSV, but the thing is addictive. I couldn't buy one as my only machine, but to have one for the track or for sunday rides is tempting. If you fancy something wild - get yourself a test ride.... good.gif
mother nature rides a biker

#2 Doc

Doc

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 231 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 26 September 2006 - 08:17 pm

QUOTE(Readmarx @ Tue 26th Sep 2006, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It redlines at 14k and will do 90mph in first! Just riding through town at 30mph in first has the bike upto 6k ....

So you had it up to 18k?!

Does sound fun tho' cool.gif

#3 Readmarx

Readmarx

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 27 September 2006 - 05:04 pm

QUOTE(Doc @ Tue 26th Sep 2006, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So you had it up to 18k?!

Does sound fun tho' cool.gif

laugh.gif Jeez.. I dunno really how the revs relate to speed, but I looked down at the tacho as it felt like it was gonna blow up and there it was at 6k.

Feckin loony bike
mother nature rides a biker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users