#1 Readmarx

Readmarx

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 08 May 2006 - 06:57 pm

Hi all, long time no post.

A friend has had his bike nicked. It's an XTZ with a TDM motor. Some of you may know Rick900 as he's extremely knowledgeable and helpful with advice. I hope he gets his machine back.

http://www.MyOnlineI...images/Mail.JPG

That's his bike. It was stolen from his home in East Yorkshire. The TDM motor is an 850 bottom end with a 900 top end and barrells - pretty unique. If anyone sees it or hears of spares being sold, seen on ebay or whatever please mail me on marx_drawing4u@hotmail.com

A slow & miserable death to all bike thieving filth.

Thanks

Readmarx
mother nature rides a biker

#2 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 08 May 2006 - 07:03 pm

Hi Ready....welcome back - shame its with such bad news sad.gif

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#3 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 08 May 2006 - 08:16 pm

Thats really not cool. Wonder if someone got more than they bargained for or it was targeted......either way I'll def keep an eye out.......we had a theiving scum bag thread on old site, there are lists to submit stolen boikes to ...hang on.....

From Nicies Thread: http://www.carpe-tdm...ighlight=stolen
QUOTE("dapleb")

There are other little things you can do. Ask a few simple questions when buying stuff off ebay or similar to satisfy yerself that the parts are not pinched. "What bike are they off", "why did you break" etc.

Boop
dapleb
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#4 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 08 May 2006 - 11:39 pm

hey i want that enjun !!!!!

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#5 Guest_Emmett_*

Guest_Emmett_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2006 - 11:42 pm

I want that bike, it's fantastic. The dirty flippin thievin robbin cnuts.

#6 viper_biker

viper_biker

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 09 May 2006 - 01:25 am

If possible to provide a registration or a frame number would be really helpful, at least that way people could look out for it more.
2005 GSX-R 750, 1991 VFR400 NC30 (road), 1989 VFR400 NC30 (race)

#7 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 09 May 2006 - 08:53 am

Good point Viper.

Just keepin me eye out for a set of 900 barrels appearing on ebay as XTZ ones.....that's be a sure giveaway!
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#8 Readmarx

Readmarx

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 02:12 pm

Thanks fellas good.gif

Nice links Dapleb - I'll pass those onto Rick900.

After discussing the very bike with you over a pint, Wick, I would've told the feds where you were.... If I'd told you where Rick lived, and especially if I even knew his address.

Personally I suspect locals who'll rag it around wasteland as nobody in their right mind (not that thieves have minds) would nick a big traillie for anything other than difficult mud plugging.

BASTARDS!

#9 SteveGlover

SteveGlover

850 going for 900

• 857 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 09 May 2006 - 04:13 pm

QUOTE(Readmarx @ Tue 9th May 2006, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BASTARDS!

Agreed. ranting.gif

#10 Nanook

Nanook

needs a 2nd hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 09 May 2006 - 08:49 pm

Smashin' bike. It's a pity the world is full of thieving scumbags..................and it's a pity that justice doesn't allow us to chop their feckin hands off!!!
Beware the whitevanman!

#11 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• 6,103 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 12:21 am

Lets see...

they stole a bike to joyride
so we can assume they don't have a bike to begin with
so they probably don't have much experience riding (if any)

therefore an inexperienced thief is going to try to run a mega-powerful bike thru the woods.

result:
thief runs bike into large ditch/tree/rock (pick one or more)
Posted Image

Always tell the truth, it will gratify some of the people and astonish the rest. (Mark Twain)
£

Stebel Nautilus air-horn, Corbin seat, MRA Touring screen, single Delkevic silencer.
"I see by your outfit that you are a spaceman"(MkI (3VD) TDM Review)
Hints for using Carpe-TDM. (photo's, links, etc).

#12 Guinness

Guinness

has been here 4ever

• 1,657 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 12 May 2006 - 10:07 pm

QUOTE(tdm850rider @ Wed 10th May 2006, 01:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
-//-

result:
thief runs bike into large ditch/tree/rock (pick one or more)

big rock in a ditch at the base of a tree
I'm an insomniac agnostic dyslexic. I lay awake at night and wonder if there really is a dog.

yamaha : xv535/92-92 | red TDM850/92-05 | silver TDM900A/05-

get them here

#13 Readmarx

Readmarx

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 06:14 pm

Hull Police have informed Rick the machine has been used in two robberies so far in Humberside... He doesn't expect to see it back soon, if at all.

#14 bondy

bondy

850 going for 900

• 852 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 23 May 2006 - 07:09 pm

QUOTE(Readmarx @ Tue 23rd May 2006, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hull Police have informed Rick the machine has been used in two robberies so far in Humberside... He doesn't expect to see it back soon, if at all.

Should be able to afford a nice new bike by now wink.gif

#15 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 23 May 2006 - 10:44 pm

QUOTE(Readmarx @ Tue 23rd May 2006, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thats really shi++y as that Rick guy really put his heart, soul and skill into creating that souped up Tenere. hope the insurance pays up pronto.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#16 Nosaj

Nosaj

Carpe junky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 24 May 2006 - 08:25 am

Knowing the Insurance company therll think of some excuse so they dont have to pay up

Insurance companies are no better than the thieving b******* who robbed the bike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users