5 replies to this topic

#1 Tomr2992

Tomr2992

discovering Carpe

• 12 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:05 am

Hi all, 

Just a quick heads up as Spring ... (haha) is round the corner. The Via Gella from Cromford to Newhaven (Buxton way) is a bikers favourite route. Be careful though if you decide to go "scratching" though there. From the HolyBush pub to the Bonsall Cafe there is thick dust sediment all over the road. Not just a bit but enough to easy throw you from your bike. I know people have been complaining to the council and local businesses.

Only a matter of time before someone becomes unstuck on that stretch so simply want to give a heads up.

Tom  

#2 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:35 pm

thanks for the heads up

I usually take that on the fz600 and love the road but you don't get any run off if yu get it wrong

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#3 sidestand

sidestand

Carpe Citizen

• 3,456 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:41 pm

It's always like that - from the quarry wagons 

post-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gifpost-1-1152402501.jpgThe older I get, the better I was

96 MkII in yellow & silver with bluespots, braided lines, Remus 2 into 1, Hagon rear shock & fork springs, bashplate, heated grips,Motech pannier racks, Road Attacks, Jockoiler, Baglux tank cover & bag. Gone to a far better place - hasn't it Remo?
Another 96 Mk2 in yellow & silver - absolutely standard & pristine ( apart from a butchered rear mudguard - but I'm looking for a new one
'76 Suzuki GT500 Stroker in need of a rebuild
'80 Yamaha XT250 mudplugger
another '81 XT250
'91 BMW R80GS - this one really will do a RTW trip
'05 BMW K1200S - inline four with a shaft
'10 BMW R1200GSA Anniversary Edition
'02 Fazer 1000 - 4 carbs are better than 2 ! - water pump rebuilt by Mr Ramrod Engineering
'00 Triumph Adventurer - Cruiser with a difference - British & a triple
Gary's Bathtub - '99 BMW K1200RS in luvverly pillarbox red . Now been Waspycycled to Nuneaton
And the Latest Addition - a nice BMW G650 XCountry greenlaner - on long term loan to Boy Wonder

1996 Kawasaki KH125 Stroker

2000 TDM Mk2A - nicely Studleyfied - Modified by Masterbrewer, but we've fixed that now !

BMW K1300R

2004 TDM 900 in Silver/Blue - heated grips, MRA vary screen, Wilbers rear shock & engine bars to fit 

BMW S1000XR in white 

#4 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:24 am

It's always like that - from the quarry wagons 

yep ya beat me to it,  loads of quarry wagons on those roads.  loads of train wagons carrying similar stuff too.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#5 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:56 pm

Beat me to it too. As a former local, I remember it being far worse in the 80s when I was thrashing various bikes (now classics) up and down it. Last time I rode it was last August and I remember thinking it was pretty grippy. Most of the quarries now have pretty rigorous wheel cleaning routines before the wagons can leave the quarry.

As has been said though, not a road to ride on the limit on. Unless you want to keep the local hospitals and dry stone wall builders busy!

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#6 Tomr2992

Tomr2992

discovering Carpe

• 12 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 26 March 2017 - 04:46 pm

I've been riding it years and it would appear this year they've done away with the truck cleaning!

The grit/gravel in the middle is seriously dangerous. I've never known it be so heavy on the road. 

Anyway, I'm sure some Power Ranger will come unstuck on it soon and slide on their arse for the greater good of sensible riders!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users