#1 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 03 June 2021 - 07:58 pm

Took the TDM to work in Bolton and set off to Wray via Ramsbottom, Sabden, Slaidburn and the Trough of Bowland.

going over the Trough was lairy as the mist descended and could only see 5 meters in front and there's some pretty twisty bits with severe drops too.
On the tops and saw an Owl looking all around, amazing how the head can turn 360'.
It was pretty spooky as it was in the mist, and I nearly missed the bend looking at the owl ending up in the gravel for a few feet.
after that it was fairly straight forward going into Wray.
Got there at 4pm and had a nice coffee and cherry cake, finished off with a bowl of fresh chips. (getting priorities right)

loads of bikes turned up and as I was leaving, still more were coming in from far and wide

trip back was better as I went into Caton, Quernmore, Dunsop bridge, Walley, Sabden and back through Bury. Some cracking country roads which take me home to the place I belong.....

Attached File  IMG_3838.JPG   229.95KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_3841.JPG   239.7KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_3842.JPG   250.71KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_3843.JPG   275.69KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_3844.JPG   257.38KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_3845.JPG   177KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_3848.JPG   237.22KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_3849.JPG   214.57KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_3851.JPG   198.71KB   0 downloads

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#2 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 03 June 2021 - 08:09 pm

Some nice bikes, quite like the Ghost rider but what's the Beemer drew, dont recall seeing one of them before..

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#3 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,753 posts

Posted 03 June 2021 - 08:20 pm

Some nice bikes, quite like the Ghost rider but what's the Beemer drew, dont recall seeing one of them before..

its an R18 900cc pistons x 2

the ghost rider sounded ace, checking the reviews it only has 90bhp

there was a brand new 50th anniversary Honda VTR1000 firestorm there too

Edited by drewpy, 03 June 2021 - 08:23 pm.

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#4 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 03 June 2021 - 08:27 pm

Blimey £19k furra R18, retirement present  ;)

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#5 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 03 June 2021 - 09:00 pm

Thanks for sharing Drewps. :good:

Was there anyone there who wasn't bald or grey haired ? :lol:

£19k is a lot of money, and I'm not sure a BMW is the right choice for a cruiser.  The MT01 is a torque monster though. :)

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#6 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,753 posts

Posted 03 June 2021 - 09:13 pm

nope, all like john major  :lol:

#7 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• 1,741 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 04 June 2021 - 07:46 am

As I think I've said before.....I just love the Panther sloper!! One day..state pension next year....
Lock onto my co-ordinates and beam me up !!

04 900 - 92 mk 1 - r 1150 rs - Z550 A1 - 2x bonnies - plastic slug -XL185 - ...not in that order !! (and one or two i don't want / dare to own up to !!)

#8 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,753 posts

Posted 04 June 2021 - 03:52 pm

As I think I've said before.....I just love the Panther sloper!! One day..state pension next year....

one of my faves too, hence the photos

#9 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• 1,791 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 05 June 2021 - 07:09 am

I had a CB400 four just like the on in the picture- the prettiest bike I've owned... Part from crappy brakes, I'd like to try one to experience how it drives. I was a crappy pilot back then 😐
Bjørge

#10 curlylegend

curlylegend

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Location:West of France, south of the Loire...the good bit !
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 05 June 2021 - 09:26 pm

I thought these occasions always brought out Harold Shipman look-alikes ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users