• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
  • Location:Often on another planet, but mostly south Cambs. (St.Neots)
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 18 April 2022 - 06:02 pm

Managed to bumble my way through 230 miles over the easter weekend just going no-where, all localish roads trying my best to avoid people as been covid positive since wednesday and still showing positive now, pay at pump is a wonderful thing for this sort of situation, had a bash at getting within piccie distance of trapston viaduct to re-start the picture challenge, got some more piccies at grafham water by abusing the less well known fishermans car park, and just generally had a good thrash about getting through the best part of £30 in fuel, managed to get out all 4 days.

Called my local pub saturday and got the landlord to take a rucksack and card off me outside and return them with 8 pints of really nice stout in milk bottles for the evenings entertainment, had a chat through the window the main person I wanted to avoid, Christine has recently had chemotherapy so no way I want to be in the same pub with covid rules or not.

My guvnor wants 2 negative tests before I go back so looks like I have at least another 2 days off paid. :good: Shame it's going cooler.

Should have been in norfolk bumbling around the southern broads doing boaty jobs and frequenting pubs but as an aborted easter goes not a bad weekend at all.

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

Save the planet, it's the only one with beer!

#2 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,395 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 18 April 2022 - 06:09 pm

Good planning is to blame for such a delightful isolation :good:

Be better soon :)

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#3 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,754 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 18 April 2022 - 06:56 pm

Hope your feeling betterer soon Dave, the Stout will sort it  :good:

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#4 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,358 posts

Posted 18 April 2022 - 07:14 pm

It's been not much more than a shitty cold really, bit of a headache and sore throat to start with but settled to a cold, lost my sense of smell yesterday but taste fine, I just switched from the good rum to the cheap rum, well the smell is half the flavour so no point wasting it.
Had a slug of the stout in a hot chocolate last night, not planned just the downside of having beer in milk bottles beside the milk, oops. :huh:

Edited by Snowbird, 18 April 2022 - 07:15 pm.

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

#5 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,358 posts

Posted 18 April 2022 - 07:26 pm

I did manage one good deed for the weekend, we could hear chirping somewhere around the corner of the garage and managed to pin it down to behind the water butt, under the butt is a drain with a plinth built around it so the garage roof runs into the butt and overflow goes straight down into the drain, anyway after draining the water into the pond and moving the water butt there was a blackbird fledgling stuck down the drain almost around the corner, so with gloves managed to scoop my hand round behind it and get it out to a hail of squawking from the parents as they buzzed me, once set down amongst the ivy by the fence the parents found it and have ben feeding it all weekend, saw it fly a couple of short hops earlier so will probably be ok.

They had two on the ground in the same area at one point, luckily they have plenty of cover in the garden and a dog that deters the cats.

Edited by Snowbird, 18 April 2022 - 07:28 pm.

#6 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,214 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 21 April 2022 - 05:49 pm

Nice miles them SB. :good:

I love blackbirds, got a regular in my garden.  Nearly got swept away by a kestrel or summat similar :huh: whilst feeding on my suet and mealworm offerings, it just managed to dodge it though :D

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#7 dablik

dablik

• 10,754 posts

Posted 21 April 2022 - 06:01 pm

We have a Sparra hawk comes sits in the plum tree waiting to snack on the Blue tits, wifey mostly rescuing Bumble bees and feeding them, they all seem to die though ! makes me wonder what she's putting in me dinner  :huh:

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#8 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,089 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 03 May 2022 - 11:44 am

Check out your secret life insurance Cliff 😁
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#9 dablik

dablik

• 10,754 posts

Posted 03 May 2022 - 08:12 pm

Check out your secret life insurance Cliff

I'm on it Lee  :good:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users