9 replies to this topic

#1 toddyboy

toddyboy

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 121 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 11 June 2018 - 03:18 pm

Anyone intending to take a trip to Southern Spain on their trusty steed is welcome to stay at my place in La Zarza (11 miles West of Pinoso, near Alicante) It's just me and the missus here and we've got two spare bedrooms in our Country Finca and plenty of space to park bikes. And if there are too many of you, my mate a mile or so down the road has a fantastic B&B. The roads here are amazing, so is the scenery, so is the food, so is the climate so is ... and on and on.. Only 30 miles from the coast (Torreviejja, Alicante etc.) What are you waiting for! Grab the Portsmouth to Santander ferry crossing (24 hrs overnight crossing) and then experience the best 500 miles you'll ever ride in your life.  

#2 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 11 June 2018 - 03:32 pm

Very kind of you Toddy, we could have a meetup with Gdogg and Pedro if ever I get down that way.  Been looking on Google streetview at some of the roads down there and they look great.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#3 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 11 June 2018 - 05:07 pm

What an offer!
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#4 Gdogg

Gdogg

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 1,160 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 11 June 2018 - 05:25 pm

Very kind of you Toddy, we could have a meetup with Gdogg and Pedro if ever I get down that way.  Been looking on Google streetview at some of the roads down there and they look great.

Your on Studders  :good:

<p> Now Sold 😔......850 MK2A 4TX6 in Silver, Stainless steel hand rolled slip on end can, stainless 2into1 headers, K&N air filter, Hagon progressive front springs, Gdogg modified rear shock, Else Made "Ridgeback" Gel Seat, Gdogg under seat fender extender, Powrspark leads, Carbon fiber effect vinyl wrap fairing decals & logos, Michelin Pilot Road2's, V-Strom hand guards, Givi monorack & box (colour matched side rails).

#5 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:52 am

Your on Studders  :good:

He's packing already :D  nice offer toddyboy.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#6 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:59 am

Very kind :good:

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#7 Gdogg

Gdogg

has been here 4ever

• 1,160 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 12 June 2018 - 05:47 pm

He's packing already :D  nice offer toddyboy.

:rotflmmfao: Me too Cliff !!!!

<p> Now Sold 😔......850 MK2A 4TX6 in Silver, Stainless steel hand rolled slip on end can, stainless 2into1 headers, K&N air filter, Hagon progressive front springs, Gdogg modified rear shock, Else Made "Ridgeback" Gel Seat, Gdogg under seat fender extender, Powrspark leads, Carbon fiber effect vinyl wrap fairing decals & logos, Michelin Pilot Road2's, V-Strom hand guards, Givi monorack & box (colour matched side rails).

#8 Pedro

Pedro

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:12 pm

I'm up for that!

#9 toddyboy

toddyboy

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 121 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 18 June 2018 - 12:08 pm

You're all very welcome. I don't know any of you personally but if you ride a TDM I'm guessing you can't be that bad. The roads here really are a bikers dream. Absolutely perfect for a TDM. Met up with a couple of dudes the other day and we rode from Pinoso to Guadaleste (N/W of Benidorm). Soon as we got off the highway onto the Port de Carrasqueta we were in mountain country and then it all kicked off! Karl rode a Z1000 (quick) Me on the TDM obviously (Not AS quick but fast enough to keep him in sight) and Jurgen rode his Rocket 3 which would torch both of us on the straits but lost out on the bends. Karl's a bit of a hooligan and I was bloody glad I'd fitted dual pipe braided hoses to my bike. The bloody tyres were nearly on fire at the end of that. We were caning it through miles and miles of twisty turny roads through mountain passes, tunnels and valleys in glorious sunshine. Three very different machines but somehow we managed to stay together. 5 hour round trip all in all and a great day out. 

Attached Files

#10 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 12:50 pm

Wonder if wifey would forego a holiday in Greece so i can visit toddy, looks like the perfect ride out :good:

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users