7 replies to this topic

#1 BIGMIKE1

BIGMIKE1

sticking around

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 17 February 2009 - 08:04 pm

When i changed the oil and filter at weekend i noticed the little dowel on the oil filter housing where the O ring goes round was missing(i did check the old oil incase i dropped and missed it!) Is this common can you buy just a new dowel? will it cause a problem the new O ring sits in a recess anyway, is the dowel just to make lining up easier???

#2 aytcat1

aytcat1

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 08:28 pm

My self id put a new dowel in part No.
90387-106W6

#3 BIGMIKE1

BIGMIKE1

sticking around

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:43 pm

Thanks for the part number,I'll have to check where my nearest Yamaha dealer is. Or is there anywhere i could order this online???

#4 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:52 pm

post a 'wanted' topic on here (and the XTZ & TRX forums as they are the same) and see if you strike lucky....

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#5 stormy

stormy

RIP stormy

• Members
  • 1,637 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:27 pm

QUOTE(BIGMIKE1 @ Tue 17th Feb 2009, 08:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When i changed the oil and filter at weekend i noticed the little dowel on the oil filter housing where the O ring goes round was missing(i did check the old oil incase i dropped and missed it!) Is this common can you buy just a new dowel? will it cause a problem the new O ring sits in a recess anyway, is the dowel just to make lining up easier???

lemme check my big box of left over bits, think I may have one or two dowels in there, get back to you later this evening.

little Mike!
RIP STORMY - killed by careless driver Oct 2009

currently owned ....
1996 YAMAHA TRX850 gone away for little holiday with Andrea
1997 YAMAHA TDM850 which are obviously an acquired taste. I fink I'm starting to get it now.....
1998 DUCATI 748 ... one way of keeping an old man broke.
1999 YAMAHA Thunderace there is STILL no finer motorcycle
2008 SUZUKI Bandit 1250SA ...... fecked by yours truly, but ......... still fitted with the worlds most uncomfortable bike seat. ouch!

#6 BIGMIKE1

BIGMIKE1

sticking around

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 01:00 pm

QUOTE(stormy @ Wed 18th Feb 2009, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lemme check my big box of left over bits, think I may have one or two dowels in there, get back to you later this evening.

little Mike!

It would be handy if anyone does have one lying around as i popped into local bike shop who sells Yamaha's and he didn't seem to have a clue what i was after but said he could probably order it with the part number(didn't have the number with me at the time!)

#7 stormy

stormy

RIP stormy

• Members
  • 1,637 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:30 pm

Sorry, I haven't got one, it was one of the smaller ones that locate the clutch cover where the bolts go through.

Hope I didn't get your hopes up to much.

Mike
RIP STORMY - killed by careless driver Oct 2009

currently owned ....
1996 YAMAHA TRX850 gone away for little holiday with Andrea
1997 YAMAHA TDM850 which are obviously an acquired taste. I fink I'm starting to get it now.....
1998 DUCATI 748 ... one way of keeping an old man broke.
1999 YAMAHA Thunderace there is STILL no finer motorcycle
2008 SUZUKI Bandit 1250SA ...... fecked by yours truly, but ......... still fitted with the worlds most uncomfortable bike seat. ouch!

#8 BIGMIKE1

BIGMIKE1

sticking around

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:48 pm

Not to worry sure i'll find one

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users