#1 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 28 May 2010 - 02:21 pm

Bike magazine has a test of the new bike and I noticed a reference to: "...a 270-degree crank, as used in the old TDM and TRX motors...." ohmy.gif
Steady on, I thought, not so much of the 'old'. Not only do they not know "who actually buys these", but they have written it off and not even given it credit for still being available. I know the engine is an 'old' design but I don't think that is what they meant.

Also noticed that MCN quoted a UK Yamaha guy who said that it would make sense to use the new engine in other models.

1940s Ariel 350 (ex-military) Khaki > Black & White '56' Kymco Venox 250 Metallic Grey '56' TDM 900/A (ABS) Silver[b] '56' Yamaha MT-03 White <p>[b] '14' Yamaha MT-07 Matt Grey[b] '17' Honda Rebel 500 

#2 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 2,973 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 28 May 2010 - 05:51 pm

QUOTE(Robodene @ Fri 28th May 2010, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also noticed that MCN quoted a UK Yamaha guy who said that it would make sense to use the new engine in other models.

I'd be interested in the "happy shopper" version, without all the bells and whistles. I'm a bit concerned at the low MPG figures I've been hearing, but then bike magazines rarely get fuel consumption correct. It's the complicated maths I spose.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#3 aytcat1

aytcat1

has been here 4ever

• 1,093 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 28 May 2010 - 05:55 pm

Its not that old(1996 circa) the 270 crank, Its just that they probably wernt born when the first inline four was made in the 1970's in the shape of the Honda CB750 and the Z900 so thats a even older engine design than the TDM 4tx engine.
If there saying that then the 2010 R1 with its 270 crank is a old design with a old Big Bang motor.

Edited by aytcat1, 28 May 2010 - 06:02 pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users