#81 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,114 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 11 May 2019 - 07:03 pm

There is summat near the strainer what needs a tighten dabbers. Info is either in Heinz or Worksop Manuel.....else it might come back to me.
Can't see pic clearly ..what bolt missing? Put it on the list.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#82 Rallyist

Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 3,251 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 11 May 2019 - 08:01 pm

I think it is an oil gallery machining point that was plugged during manufacturer as it is below the gearbox sprocket where an oil gallery exits near the oil seal that's why you have a spigoted oil seal in that location.

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#83 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,747 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 11 May 2019 - 08:47 pm

There is summat near the strainer what needs a tighten dabbers. Info is either in Heinz or Worksop Manuel.....else it might come back to me.
Can't see pic clearly ..what bolt missing? Put it on the list.

Will check other photo's cos it looks to clean to have been missing for long, looks loike summit was fixed their.

Attached File  20190511_151408.jpg   154.83KB   0 downloads

I think it is an oil gallery machining point that was plugged during manufacturer as it is below the gearbox sprocket where an oil gallery exits near the oil seal that's why you have a spigoted oil seal in that location.

Cheers Graham makes sense, will have a look about.

So is that seal a press fit then Graham !

Edited by dablik, 11 May 2019 - 08:59 pm.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#84 dablik

dablik

• 10,747 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 09:08 pm

Daps could be the oil nozzle your thinking of, haynes mentions making sure it's not come loose !

No pic yet, it's inder the strainer.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#85 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 09:11 pm

Yes that's the badger. Have found that loose in a few G ornaments so worth chicken.

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#86 dablik

dablik

• 10,747 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 09:16 pm

The whole lot will be coming out furra bath anyhoo, so will double check when it all goes back together...

#87 dablik

dablik

• 10,747 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 09:11 am

Attached File  Arra pic_LI.jpg   158.6KB   0 downloads

#88 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 10:25 am

That hole is for the oil banjo. :)  Can also see where the earth strap locates, good to have the info. :good:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#89 dablik

dablik

• 10,747 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 12:03 pm

Yea the earth strap in particular as most know it's earthed to the engine but not exactly where, under the rubber flap which prolly means removing oil tank to get at it when in-situ.

#90 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 06:16 pm

Jeez a week off work to get stuff done and it's still chuckin, so i put me mackintosh and ski pants and braved the rain, well for a short while, it's not fun, yammered out the bearings from the front wheel as i need to have it dipped to remove the powder coat.

Then got one leg pulled apart using me manly strength, this is an old set wot used to be on Bigred and i got back after Big Dave squashed the right side until it leaked, that one's not coming apart because the bottom bolt is loose and now just spinning so cant get the cartridge out, mayhap will need drilling out.

attachicon.gif 20190509_133113.jpgattachicon.gif 20190509_133120.jpgattachicon.gif 20190509_133215.jpgattachicon.gif 20190509_133145.jpgattachicon.gif 20190509_133223.jpgattachicon.gif 20190509_135903.jpgattachicon.gif 20190509_135947.jpg

Edit... Daps i'm sure you can guess wot else i'll be after if still available ;)

Where did you buy the new bushes and seals from matey ?  Can only find pairs of 'Outer Bushes' on ebay and Wemoto only sell the outer bush too.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#91 dablik

dablik

• 10,747 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 09:11 am

Not purchased either yet but the bushes were on Wemoto last week, inner and outer kit £23.00ish, just looked again and not there now, prolly be a little while till they get more in...

Edit, currently only showing for mk2.

Edited by dablik, 16 May 2019 - 09:17 am.

#92 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 03:24 pm

Wierd that most peeps only selling 2 outer bushes, unless they're actually a set of bushes for one fork.  Will check out pyramid parts site, might email 'em too.

#93 dablik

dablik

• 10,747 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 04:37 pm

Had a lookee on Pyramid, same result as Wemoto but you may be right as it seems strange to only find Outer bushes dunnit..

#94 dablik

dablik

• 10,747 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 03:42 pm

All i have to post is :rant:

Leg puller i ordered spreads just fine and gets a good grip on the flat at the bottom of the flywheel but top rim prevents me being able to tighten up and get any tension as the legs just kiss it, 10mm either side and i would of been laughing, finally had to get the drill in and re-tap (was hoping to avoid this) but it's very shallow, thought a helicoil would be just the thing but cant get an 8.3 bit in, no room, here's hoping a bit of green loctite will hold a bolt in for another bash with a harmonic puller again, maybe i should just buy a hydraulic wan :D

Other new's had a visit today from an experienced eye and while here had a good look and measure of the pistons and the state of the barrels (good) plopped em back in with the rings on (they never fell out :) ) nice resisitance and they slide up and down the barrels bootiful, so a hone and new rings are the new plan, the piston heads were coked up a little which came clean with wd40 and a light scrub, rings are in good order with some slight wear on the oil expander rings but otherwise in good condition.

Also waiting on a replacement head to arrive which i had to pay for with mint sauce of all things..

Edited by dablik, 18 May 2019 - 03:46 pm.

#95 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 08:26 pm

Is that with the 8" puller ?

If you're gonna get another rotor you could grind some slots out of yer currant wan where the puller legs would go.  Or, if you're using the harmonic puller, any chance of getting a nut onto the back of the bolt ?

Thought you would be using them over-sized pistons and rings ?

#96 dablik

dablik

• 10,747 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 10:17 pm

That was a 6" puller with a 150mm spread, most only have a 100mm spread, even with an 8" prolly still happen, that might bare some thinking about to cut grind the rotor at the legs !! ya bassad i'll be thinking about that in bed now  :P  not sure where you mean to put a nut on the back of the bolt, the harmonic puller has a threaded centre for the squish bolt, provided the bolt holds where i've had to retap the harmonic should pull it off no problem, but of course need another one as original is like a banana.

Yea your right, OS pistons were defo going in, Dave was over today and had a good look over the original stuff.

Edited by dablik, 18 May 2019 - 10:30 pm.

#97 dablik

dablik

• 10,747 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 03:55 pm

Attached File  20190525_092749.jpg   158.82KB   0 downloads

Attached File  20190525_133214.jpg   168.65KB   0 downloads

Bollocks

Powder coating can be removed but it's a right booger, used No nonsense paint stripper (Screwfix) smells like Almonds, yum yum and a bit of elbow grease with a stiff nylon brush.

Attached File  20190525_092808.jpg   278.9KB   0 downloads

Need some finer sandpaper to finish this off, gonna pc it though, sick of getting rained off when i get a start.

Attached File  20190525_092754.jpg   141.93KB   0 downloads

Replacement head arrived to the neighbour like this after specifically asking for it to be packed well coming from France, twat is getting a nice message from me.

Attached File  20190524_162129.jpg   155.9KB   0 downloads

Guess it's been dropped right on the corner :(

Attached File  20190524_162416.jpg   101.25KB   0 downloads

#98 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 04:26 pm

I had 9er barrels turn up and asked specifically for barrels to be well packed and separate from other parts.... So they sent them in the same box as gearbox which side hammered the bottom of barrels out of round... DIME BAR!!!

Chickens foot no worky dabbers??

#99 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 04:26 pm

Is that a snapped puller leg ?  I'd send it back for a refund if it is mate.  Crap packaging eh, should still be useable though.  Are the camshaft bearings good ?

#100 dablik

dablik

• 10,747 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 05:11 pm

Is that a snapped puller leg ?  I'd send it back for a refund if it is mate.  Crap packaging eh, should still be useable though.  Are the camshaft bearings good ?

Na not having it, tightened up previously as much as i dare and left it for a goodly while, poured boiling water inside and give a gentle tap, nothing happening, boiling water again and freeze spray to try and shock the bugger and nowt, turn the motor up and give another little tug and chicken foot snapped.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users