8 replies to this topic

#1 TDMick

TDMick

TDMick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 07 June 2015 - 04:23 pm

There's a thread somewhere about these centre stands from Poland, Muddy, AliG and I clubbed in together to get 3, and that's what we did to our TDMs today  :)

They arrive well packed and with all the bits n bobs needed.

Attached File  DSC_0631.JPG   188.51KB   1 downloads

It's recommended that the exhaust headers are loosened or removed to allow access for  the fixing plate.Fine for my bike (all shiney n new), but for those with exhaust header nut issues (you know who you are) ;) , we found that we could access the fixings by removing the exhaust cans and stressing the pipes to give just enough room to get the bolts in and tightened up.

Attached File  DSC_0657.JPG   118.16KB   1 downloads

Attached File  DSC_0637_1.jpg   128.01KB   1 downloads

The bolt arrowed caused us some serious problems (seen here on my bike) as it is on the dirty side and the threaded hole was found to be full of crud on Muddy's and Ali's bikes, and with the exhausts in the way, well they are a PITA. The solution appears to be; center bolt to hold the weight and the left bolt fitted first.

All in all this a class bit of kit, which appears to be solidly made and damn good value.

Simple to fit, if a bit fiddly (OK a lot fiddly if the headers are an issue), and, I think,  well designed.

:badgerrock:  :badgerrock:

Here's the link to RMG's website http://www.rm-g.pl/y...alna-podstawka/

Attached Files

Edited by TDMick, 07 June 2015 - 04:30 pm.

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional
Who dies with the most toys wins!

2010 'stealth' grey 900. '14 plate. engine bars, Centre stand, datatool alarm, datatag, E22s, Cree DRLs, Barkbuster handguards, Carpe sticker. Led running lights

#2 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 2,969 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 07 June 2015 - 04:59 pm

Just to add, Rafal, who makes the centres stands, was very polite, helpful and efficient. Because of the language barrier, communication needed to be unambiguous and to the point to avoid confuddleness. Luckily, Google Translate managed to get the message across and all went smoothly.

A solid bit of kit. Polish engineering at it's best--eat your heart out Herr Motech :P

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#3 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 07 June 2015 - 06:34 pm

Good to know, i really fancied the wingrack he makes, just not enough patience..

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#4 TDMick

TDMick

TDMick

• 3,830 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 06:58 pm

BTW Many thanks to Muddy for his skill as a translator/importer. :good:

2010 'stealth' grey 900. '14 plate. engine bars, Centre stand, datatool alarm, datatag, E22s, Cree DRLs, Barkbuster handguards, Carpe sticker. Led running lights

#5 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,444 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 10:02 pm

I intend ordering another centre stand and engine bars for my new 900. If anyone is thinking of getting a set, let me know and I will do a bulk order. We saved a fortune on carriage last year by getting 3 centre stands and a set of engine bars together. I will let you know what the current price is as soon as I get a reply.
Ali

2004 900 - Blue with lots of goodies

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#6 Kelpie

Kelpie

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• 944 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 08:23 am

Count me in for a centre stand please, Ali. Reckon a new thread on this might be a good idea?
You don't need balls to ride a big bike.

#7 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,444 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 11:45 pm

Just bumping this as an aid to those who will be fitting their new stands.

2004 900 - Blue with lots of goodies

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#8 TDMick

TDMick

TDMick

• 3,830 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 01:05 am

There'll be more How To photos  posted tomorrow night. :rolleyes:

#9 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 21 March 2016 - 09:41 pm

the bolts that hold this on are M8 x 1.25 standard pitch so if the hole is full of crud a cheapo carbon plug tap will clean it out.

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users