#2 trevini

trevini

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 22 January 2023 - 01:51 pm

Nice, but a hefty price tag compared to a TDM. Not sure about the flappy wings though and don’t think it’ll fly. 

From a pool of one, my Guzzi experience has been pretty good, but not as robust as the Yamaha.

2004 Galaxy Blue. Owned since 486 miles.Renthal 755 bars, Bagster tank cover, Oxford heated grips, DL650 hand guards, Double Bubble screen, Scorpion Rad guard, Gel pad insert, HLD undertray, Angry Badger tailtidy,  Michelin Road 5s, Givi E21s, E46 topbox, Ohlins shock and YSS cartridge emulators   Currently not fitted - PC3, Remus Revolutions.

LCErj.jpg

Putting up with the "niner" jokes since 2005
Check out http://www.hotcoldground.co.uk we're really rather good!
Like food? I feed people -  SmokinGrillGuy <p>

#3 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,084 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 22 January 2023 - 04:10 pm

Ill take a TDM 900 any day over the Italian floosie. More reliable. I have had dealings with the rear main seal and clutch in V7s its not an easy job. Still have nightmares. Perhaps seals have improved in the new ones but the basic design of dry clutch still stands.

Edited by leehenty, 22 January 2023 - 04:13 pm.

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#4 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,394 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 23 January 2023 - 04:26 pm

I remember bashing my knees on the S3 & Le Mans 1 - snot for me but looks lecker

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#5 Coopz

Coopz

sticking around

• 27 posts

Posted 23 January 2023 - 08:56 pm

My Dad had a 2004 V11 faired version, he bought it second hand when it was only 6 months old. I always liked the look of it and the rather cool Italian styling. He only had it for 18 months then sold it (just as it was at the end of its warranty). I think the only issue he had was a leaking drift shaft which they fixed and a few electrical gremlins with the warning lights. 

#6 trevini

trevini

has been here 4ever

• 1,776 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 23 January 2023 - 09:54 pm

My Dad had a 2004 V11 faired version, he bought it second hand when it was only 6 months old. I always liked the look of it and the rather cool Italian styling. He only had it for 18 months then sold it (just as it was at the end of its warranty). I think the only issue he had was a leaking drift shaft which they fixed and a few electrical gremlins with the warning lights. 

Ive had my V11 since 2011. There were a few design faults with the model on the electrical charging side, but once sorted it’s been pretty much fine ever since.

Here’s mine…

Attached File  6073F799-30B7-49A7-B8FB-055874F81CCC.jpeg   264.33KB   4 downloads

2004 Galaxy Blue. Owned since 486 miles.Renthal 755 bars, Bagster tank cover, Oxford heated grips, DL650 hand guards, Double Bubble screen, Scorpion Rad guard, Gel pad insert, HLD undertray, Angry Badger tailtidy,  Michelin Road 5s, Givi E21s, E46 topbox, Ohlins shock and YSS cartridge emulators   Currently not fitted - PC3, Remus Revolutions.

LCErj.jpg

Putting up with the "niner" jokes since 2005
Check out http://www.hotcoldground.co.uk we're really rather good!
Like food? I feed people -  SmokinGrillGuy <p>

#7 Coopz

Coopz

sticking around

• 27 posts

Posted 23 January 2023 - 10:01 pm

Ive had my V11 since 2011. There were a few design faults with the model on the electrical charging side, but once sorted it’s been pretty much fine ever since.

Here’s mine…

attachicon.gif 6073F799-30B7-49A7-B8FB-055874F81CCC.jpeg

That's nice looking:) My old man had a red one. I wish he kept it as I'm 6'4 and actually found it to be pretty comfy for a sport bike. He never complained about it and I think the only reason he sold it was too many bikes not enough time..

#8 PeterGriffin

PeterGriffin

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 56 posts
  • TDM model: 1994

Posted 25 January 2023 - 01:46 pm

I really like the look of it and only because it looks similar design wise to the TDM ..imo..!!

Imagine if Yamaha had made this instead of those god awful (imo) MT's.....

#9 Sphere

Sphere

really likes Carpe

• 81 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 25 January 2023 - 06:45 pm

I really like the look of it and only because it looks similar design wise to the TDM ..imo..!!

Imagine if Yamaha had made this instead of those god awful (imo) MT's.....

Don't get me started on MT's. Designed by a blind man. To make it worse, a mate's got an MT10, and it's probably got the worst fuelling of any bike I've riden.

Horrid thing.

Edited by Sphere, 25 January 2023 - 06:46 pm.

The best thing about being old is we did all our stupid stuff before the Internet was invented, so there’s no proof.

#10 PeterGriffin

PeterGriffin

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 56 posts
  • TDM model: 1994

Posted 26 January 2023 - 04:54 pm

Don't get me started on MT's. Designed by a blind man. To make it worse, a mate's got an MT10, and it's probably got the worst fuelling of any bike I've riden.

Horrid thing.

Same here ..he spent a fortune on power commander and pipes....got rid within 6 months....he's a follower of fashion sadly.... :huh:

#11 cortez

cortez

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 31 January 2023 - 10:02 am

My first thought when I say a picture of the new MG was "that looks familiar".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users