Photo
- - - - -

1996 Mk2 Yellow & Silver Restoration Project.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 bondy

bondy

850 going for 900

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:36 pm

After much thought I've decided to sell my TDM.
The reason for selling the bike is a change of circumstance and I've realised that I'll not have the time to get it back together.
I started stripping it down to complete a major service and check any consumables that might need changing. Alas it didn't get that far so at present the bike has been stripped of the body work, clocks, footrest hangers, mud guards, tank, seat etc.
All the original bits are boxed and available with the bike.
Mileage = 32,000
Last MOT 2011
One previous owner.
Before being taken apart I would class the bike as in good condition with plenty of history and only one previous owner. I did my own home servicing which included a yearly oil and filter change plus any other consumable that it might require.
The bike has a predator 2 into 1 exhaust, luggage racks (nonfango 3 box luggage system but quite worn) tank cover and bag, touring screen, Scot oiler.
If you search the forum you'll find some photos etc of the bike and some of its adventures.
As you can appreciate it would be hard to fix a price but I would only sell it if went to a good home and have first refusal if the bike came up for sale again.
If you are interested please pm me for any further info or if you wish to view.

Regards
Bondy.

#2 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,105 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:44 pm

Noooooooo!!!!!!!!!

:$
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#3 bondy

bondy

850 going for 900

• 852 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:53 pm

Mate, I get the ump every time I go in garage and see her but at the mo I haven't got the time or space to get her on the road. Just want her to go to a good home and see her on the road and being enjoyed.

Edited by bondy, 11 January 2018 - 06:54 pm.

#4 jono49

jono49

has been here 4ever

• 1,183 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 14 January 2018 - 12:13 am

Cliff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't get confused between my personality
and my attitude. My personality is who I am,
my attitude depends on who YOU are!

Skinny people are easy to kidnap.....Stay safe and eat cake!!!!!

#5 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:57 am

Nooooooooooooo..... 1 and 1/2 is  enough already..

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#6 sidestand

sidestand

Carpe Citizen

• 3,456 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:51 pm

Why don't you ask Studley nicely to put it back together for you Bondy ?

I've still got a couple of trips to do Hampshire way - I could always chuck it on my trailer to get it up to him, as long as it's still got the wheels on 

post-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gifpost-1-1152402501.jpgThe older I get, the better I was

96 MkII in yellow & silver with bluespots, braided lines, Remus 2 into 1, Hagon rear shock & fork springs, bashplate, heated grips,Motech pannier racks, Road Attacks, Jockoiler, Baglux tank cover & bag. Gone to a far better place - hasn't it Remo?
Another 96 Mk2 in yellow & silver - absolutely standard & pristine ( apart from a butchered rear mudguard - but I'm looking for a new one
'76 Suzuki GT500 Stroker in need of a rebuild
'80 Yamaha XT250 mudplugger
another '81 XT250
'91 BMW R80GS - this one really will do a RTW trip
'05 BMW K1200S - inline four with a shaft
'10 BMW R1200GSA Anniversary Edition
'02 Fazer 1000 - 4 carbs are better than 2 ! - water pump rebuilt by Mr Ramrod Engineering
'00 Triumph Adventurer - Cruiser with a difference - British & a triple
Gary's Bathtub - '99 BMW K1200RS in luvverly pillarbox red . Now been Waspycycled to Nuneaton
And the Latest Addition - a nice BMW G650 XCountry greenlaner - on long term loan to Boy Wonder

1996 Kawasaki KH125 Stroker

2000 TDM Mk2A - nicely Studleyfied - Modified by Masterbrewer, but we've fixed that now !

BMW K1300R

2004 TDM 900 in Silver/Blue - heated grips, MRA vary screen, Wilbers rear shock & engine bars to fit 

BMW S1000XR in white 

#7 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 17 January 2018 - 11:35 pm

thas a noice MK2. end of an era.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#8 bondy

bondy

850 going for 900

• 852 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 04:52 pm

Update.
Bike now staying with me after talking to a local bike restorer. He's going to take it on as a spare time project over the next few months. I shall point him in the direction of carpe for hints and tips or spares parts if required. I've seen his work and it's totally top notch and may well cost me the worth of the bike when it's finished but it'll be worth it as doesn't really owe me.
Can't wait to see her up and running again and will update date with pics and post as and when.

Thank you.

#9 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,105 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 05:21 pm

Noice Juan mister. Glad it snot goin.

If you need any bits doin just lettuce snow.

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#10 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 27 January 2018 - 05:07 pm

LOL Bondy is on a guilt trip so the boike is staying!

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#11 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 28 January 2018 - 11:54 pm

Good one  Carpe member #2  :pimp:

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#12 sidestand

sidestand

Carpe Citizen

• 3,456 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 10:07 pm

Well done Bondy  :good:

The yellow & silver Mk2's are by far the best looking & should be preserved & cherished  :wub:

post-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gifpost-1-1152402501.jpgThe older I get, the better I was

96 MkII in yellow & silver with bluespots, braided lines, Remus 2 into 1, Hagon rear shock & fork springs, bashplate, heated grips,Motech pannier racks, Road Attacks, Jockoiler, Baglux tank cover & bag. Gone to a far better place - hasn't it Remo?
Another 96 Mk2 in yellow & silver - absolutely standard & pristine ( apart from a butchered rear mudguard - but I'm looking for a new one
'76 Suzuki GT500 Stroker in need of a rebuild
'80 Yamaha XT250 mudplugger
another '81 XT250
'91 BMW R80GS - this one really will do a RTW trip
'05 BMW K1200S - inline four with a shaft
'10 BMW R1200GSA Anniversary Edition
'02 Fazer 1000 - 4 carbs are better than 2 ! - water pump rebuilt by Mr Ramrod Engineering
'00 Triumph Adventurer - Cruiser with a difference - British & a triple
Gary's Bathtub - '99 BMW K1200RS in luvverly pillarbox red . Now been Waspycycled to Nuneaton
And the Latest Addition - a nice BMW G650 XCountry greenlaner - on long term loan to Boy Wonder

1996 Kawasaki KH125 Stroker

2000 TDM Mk2A - nicely Studleyfied - Modified by Masterbrewer, but we've fixed that now !

BMW K1300R

2004 TDM 900 in Silver/Blue - heated grips, MRA vary screen, Wilbers rear shock & engine bars to fit 

BMW S1000XR in white 

#13 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,105 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 05:25 pm

Any update on da boike Mr B?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users