26 replies to this topic

#1 RolfieB

RolfieB

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 06 April 2016 - 06:32 pm

Working on the Blackbird Easter weekend when it dawns on me insurance must be about due.

Check certificate Sat evening. Insurance expires midday on the 28th March. No email or letter received.

Rang them on the 28th at 1.20 pm as working & first chance I got.

I was told I was still covered. How ask I.

It was on auto renewal says the young lady.

How did that happen says I, as it was done over the phone last year.

Well you would have been informed she tells me.

I beg to differ says I, that would not be something I would accept. Out of curiosity what was the renewal quote.

£441 she says.

Cue jaw hitting the deck. You're having a laugh says I, same cover from comparison site £144. So you can forget about renewing.

So you want to cancel do you.

I certainly do.

O.K. there will be a cancellation fee, Oh & we've taken payment.

Pardon says I, how much have you taken.

Oh the full amount.

So just so I have things straight I have no notice of renewal, your trying to take £441 from my account (good luck on that one) & for 1 hrs 25 mins you want to hammer me with cancellation fees e.t.c.

I'll have a chat with my manager she says. O.k. there will be no cancellation fees & any payment made will be refunded within 10 days.

On the 31st £44 deducted from my account.

Fast forward to day 9 & letter drops through the door. Dear Mr Bryan you gullible barsteward there is an outstanding balance of £5.15 for canceling your insurance.

They closed early today, probably just as well.

It will be an interesting call tomorrow, will be referring them to the fact that as they record all calls perhaps they may wish to listen to mine & then get back to me, because by my clock payment should be back in my account in 2 days allowing for the weekend.

Bit long winded & rant over. Sorry.

Now I just fly everywhere.

Be yourself, because everybody else is taken.

Gone to new owner.

Black Mk2a

PipeWerx Exhaust, Gold Spots, Goodridge Hoses, Scottoiler,Oil Pressure Indicator, Nippy Normans fuze box,Touratech Handguards,Oxford Heated Grips, Power Socket, Hard Wiring for Sat Nav, Gear Indicator built into the rev counter. Givi E50 Top box & E21 side cases, Bagster Tank Cover & Bag.

#2 arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 06 April 2016 - 06:37 pm

Happened to me, BUT what was more amazing is that somehow they did it with an out of date card! Amazing.... Card on file was out of date by some months but somehow they seemed to get it to work, figure that out.
2012 Grey 900, Dual HIDs, Fork gaiters, Yam centre stand, Givi crash bars, S320 DRLs custom mounts, PAIR removed, Modded airbox, K&N, Warrior cans, PC3 - Custom map 81bhp @ 65ft-lb, Lambda removed, HM Quickshifter (removed), Evans waterless coolant, Hel lines, Dome SS exhaust nuts, Clear winker lenses, Yamaha +145 Screen + MRA X-creen, Heated grips with relay cut out and custom carbon mount, DL Hand Guards and milled bar ends, SW barback risers, 5w SMD LED side light, LED stop/tail reflectors, 2 x Front mudguard extenders, Custom rear under hugger, Hugger extender, Wrapped HT leads, Aux power sockets, Givi V47NN Top box with LED stop, SW motech mount, Givi PL347 mount and E21s, SW Motech Evo Tank bag, Stainless rad guard, Top Sellerie gel seat, RAM mounts for sat nav and phone, Handy tube and more.     Follow me on twitter @arthurbikemad

#3 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 06 April 2016 - 07:16 pm

If they fancy lieing the recorded call cannot be found wolfy!!! Had that before. refer to ombudsmen.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#4 trickydicky

trickydicky

sticking around

• 31 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 06 April 2016 - 07:18 pm

Mine is due for renewal on the 27th not had any letter yet.

#5 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 06 April 2016 - 07:19 pm

Auto renewal shite innit.  Should be outlawed.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#6 RolfieB

RolfieB

has been here 4ever

• 1,069 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 07:42 pm

If they fancy lieing the recorded call cannot be found wolfy!!! Had that before. refer to ombudsmen.

Contacting the Ombudsman was going to be dropped into the conversation at some point Dappers.

Auto renewal shite innit.  Should be outlawed.

You're right there Studders.

Gone to new owner.

Black Mk2a

PipeWerx Exhaust, Gold Spots, Goodridge Hoses, Scottoiler,Oil Pressure Indicator, Nippy Normans fuze box,Touratech Handguards,Oxford Heated Grips, Power Socket, Hard Wiring for Sat Nav, Gear Indicator built into the rev counter. Givi E50 Top box & E21 side cases, Bagster Tank Cover & Bag.

#7 danceswithmopeds

danceswithmopeds

full o shoite

• 2,425 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 06 April 2016 - 08:04 pm

What about contacting your card company and reporting a fraudulent transaction?

#8 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 07 April 2016 - 08:28 am

Oh yes i like that idea dances, you've just won a cake.... go on Rolfie, do it......would sure make you feel better, fookin wankers. 

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#9 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,969 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 07 April 2016 - 09:30 am

They're all at it. Cancelled my Sky broadband last month, made sure they sent me emails, but thought I'd better belt and braces, so cancelled direct debit with online banking. Good job I did as Sky attempted to take payment for another month.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#10 RolfieB

RolfieB

has been here 4ever

• 1,069 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 05:15 pm

Oh yes i like that idea dances, you've just won a cake.... go on Rolfie, do it......would sure make you feel better, fookin wankers. 

T'was direct debit mate, I think it was applied for before the cancellation in all honesty.

Gone to new owner.

Black Mk2a

#11 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 07 April 2016 - 06:49 pm

It's so easy to forget about direct debits and insurance renewal dates, luckily i still get old flyers from previous years and different dates of insurance so get a reminder to sort mine with notice.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#12 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,667 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 19 December 2016 - 11:38 am

With this thread in mind, I phoned Bennets at the start of the month to discuss my autorenewal wotsit.

I was informed I would receive a written reminder in the post with the new quote, which I did, last week (Due to renew tomorrow)

Done some shopping around to get the price down from 275 quid Bennets quote, but didn't find anything much different elsewhere.

Just phoned Bennets and asked them to renew but take off the TDM900, just keep the 850.... price came down to 175 squids...fully comp, 250 excess, full Euro breakdown and recovery with RAC, full legal cover, full leathers and helmet cover. (SD&P use only, kept in a locked garage, 4000 miles per annum)

I still have an unsettled claim from last year, which they take as being my fault unless it settles otherwise

The call handler stressed this was an auto renewing policy, as if there was any doubt at all !

Edited by fixitsan, 19 December 2016 - 11:39 am.

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#13 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• 1,508 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 04:42 pm

There's more rants about insurance than anything else here. The whole industry is disfunctional, IMHO (haven't I said that before). There is something rotten at its core.
1940s Ariel 350 (ex-military) Khaki > Black & White '56' Kymco Venox 250 Metallic Grey '56' TDM 900/A (ABS) Silver[b] '56' Yamaha MT-03 White <p>[b] '14' Yamaha MT-07 Matt Grey[b] '17' Honda Rebel 500 

#14 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,667 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 04:56 pm

There's more rants about insurance than anything else here. The whole industry is disfunctional, IMHO (haven't I said that before). There is something rotten at its core.

They're just bookmakers by another name. It's all about risk.

Personally i wouldn't stump up 175  quid to protect anyone's year of motorcycling  ! 

You can blame the cost of new bodywork for some of their overheads. It's insane what some manufacturers charge for a simple injection moulded body panel.  But then again they have to travel long distances sometimes just to replace a spangly coloured body panel...

There was a time not too long ago when you could ride/drive without insurance, by depositing 10 grand with the treasury. Nowadays that probably wouldn'teven cover some fraudulent whiplash claims

Edited by fixitsan, 19 December 2016 - 04:58 pm.

#15 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• 1,508 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 07:09 pm

Rather than risk, I think it's about shareholders.
1940s Ariel 350 (ex-military) Khaki > Black & White '56' Kymco Venox 250 Metallic Grey '56' TDM 900/A (ABS) Silver[b] '56' Yamaha MT-03 White <p>[b] '14' Yamaha MT-07 Matt Grey[b] '17' Honda Rebel 500 

#16 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,433 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 19 December 2016 - 07:22 pm

Rather than risk, I think it's about shareholders.

And the blood sucking scum working for them.

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#17 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,667 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 07:35 pm

Okay,  so how much should your insurance cost ?  If you end up in an accident and write off a jag, and because there's no witnesses it has to go 50/50, how else will you pay for the damage to both vehicles..... 50% of it at least.

#18 celticbiker

celticbiker

has been here 4ever

• 1,726 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 19 December 2016 - 08:24 pm

I've just insured the fazer 8, 20000 miles/year, parked on the road, no alarm, 5000gbp, 250 excess
85 quid all in.
Think I've been lucky with insurance.

(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste

(x'.'x) bunny onto your page to help

(")-(") him gain world domination!

#19 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• 1,508 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:40 pm

I am happy with my insurance costs - so far. It's just that you have to fight to get a result or to avoid being tricked/conned. It is not necessarily the poor body on the end of the phone who is to blame. It's those ***** at the top who decide to do it this way.

#20 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,667 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 11:43 pm

I am happy with my insurance costs - so far. It's just that you have to fight to get a result or to avoid being tricked/conned. It is not necessarily the poor body on the end of the phone who is to blame. It's those ***** at the top who decide to do it this way.

No you could be right....the phone agents sometimes get commission too.

I've just insured the fazer 8, 20000 miles/year, parked on the road, no alarm, 5000gbp, 250 excess
85 quid all in.
Think I've been lucky with insurance.

Do you not live in a bike theft hotspot ? I guess not !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users