46 replies to this topic

#1 Manx1200

Manx1200

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:30 am

Link provided in case the details are updated. I know our very own action photographer was interested in this. tongue.gif

http://www.manx.net/...ings-for-tt2012

With the number of motorcycles booked for TT2012 currently running 10% ahead of the same period last year, the Isle of Man Steam Packet Company is looking to boost visitor numbers even more by again introducing its popular ‘TT Taster Offer’.

The offer allows visiting fans to attend the TT Festival during the quieter Practice Week period for just £99 for a motorcycle and rider. This offer price has been held for the third consecutive year and can be booked online at www.steam-packet.com

For people also requiring accommodation, Steam Packet Holidays has joined forces with a number of Isle of Man hotels and have 3-night packages available from just £175 per person, which includes ferry travel with motorcycle and 3 nights’ bed and breakfast.

Enquiries and bookings can be made by calling 01624 645777.

The TT Taster products will be promoted at the Motorcycle Live Show at the NEC in Birmingham from 19-27 November. The Steam Packet Company will be represented at the show during the final weekend, when the Sunday is dedicated to the TT.

Steam Packet Company Chief Executive Mark Woodward said: ‘It is great that advance bookings for motorcycles are ahead of the same period last year and are indicative of the event’s increase in popularity. The TT Taster Offers have proved popular in the last couple of years and have helped boost visitor numbers during the festival’s quieter periods, therefore making a vital contribution to the local economy.’

MotoGuzzi Norge 1200GT. for Euro touring
Triumph Street Triple. For those hooligan moments......
Beta Alp 200. For falling off In muddy bits.
I suffer from C.D.O. It's like O.C.D. but all the letters are in the correct order, just as they should be.

banner1.jpg

#2 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:19 am

QUOTE(Manx900 @ Fri 18th Nov 2011, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Link provided in case the details are updated. I know our very own action photographer was interested in this. tongue.gif

http://www.manx.net/...ings-for-tt2012

With the number of motorcycles booked for TT2012 currently running 10% ahead of the same period last year, the Isle of Man Steam Packet Company is looking to boost visitor numbers even more by again introducing its popular ‘TT Taster Offer’.

The offer allows visiting fans to attend the TT Festival during the quieter Practice Week period for just £99 for a motorcycle and rider. This offer price has been held for the third consecutive year and can be booked online at www.steam-packet.com

For people also requiring accommodation, Steam Packet Holidays has joined forces with a number of Isle of Man hotels and have 3-night packages available from just £175 per person, which includes ferry travel with motorcycle and 3 nights’ bed and breakfast.

Enquiries and bookings can be made by calling 01624 645777.

The TT Taster products will be promoted at the Motorcycle Live Show at the NEC in Birmingham from 19-27 November. The Steam Packet Company will be represented at the show during the final weekend, when the Sunday is dedicated to the TT.

Steam Packet Company Chief Executive Mark Woodward said: ‘It is great that advance bookings for motorcycles are ahead of the same period last year and are indicative of the event’s increase in popularity. The TT Taster Offers have proved popular in the last couple of years and have helped boost visitor numbers during the festival’s quieter periods, therefore making a vital contribution to the local economy.’

That's brilliant news Paul, I had a great TT last year using this!

Makes a real bargain TT!

Added benefit is less traffic on the course, but still one way over the mountain. A win-win

Will start checking out my own arrangements.

I would recommend this deal to anyone who finds the usual TT ferry prices excessive

Pete

Keep music live!

YouTube: pete7kcu

#3 Manx1200

Manx1200

has been here 4ever

• 1,040 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:24 pm

Look forward to seeing you Pete. drinks.gif
I suffer from C.D.O. It's like O.C.D. but all the letters are in the correct order, just as they should be.

banner1.jpg

#4 treadman

treadman

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:16 pm

Yes Paul, saw at the show even brought home the leaflet, but its got t be TTrace week for me and the lads
Neil

#5 Manx1200

Manx1200

has been here 4ever

• 1,040 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:33 am

QUOTE(treadman @ Mon 21st Nov 2011, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes Paul, saw at the show even brought home the leaflet, but its got t be TTrace week for me and the lads Neil
Are Steve & Mick coming again next year? was listening to the news this morning, sounds like they're putting up some extra grandstands around the course. good.gif

banner1.jpg

#6 tullyhubbert

tullyhubbert

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:05 pm

QUOTE(Manx900 @ Tue 22nd Nov 2011, 09:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sounds like they're putting up some extra grandstands around the course. good.gif

Some interesting locations, @ £25 a go hope they don't put em in my way laugh.gif

http://www.iomtt.com...-of-Man-TT.aspx

Got email notification for the remainder due on my sailings today, they are up £20 on last year (You only pay a deposit when booking) Only 191 days to go good.gif

Edited by tullyhubbert, 22 November 2011 - 06:06 pm.

Signature test

#7 treadman

treadman

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:48 pm

yeh , Mick n Steve are coming, mick might be on an Aprilia RS250, should have fun on the mountain with that eh?
neil

#8 Manx1200

Manx1200

has been here 4ever

• 1,040 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:57 pm

QUOTE(treadman @ Tue 22nd Nov 2011, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeh , Mick n Steve are coming, mick might be on an Aprilia RS250, should have fun on the mountain with that eh?
neil

Kinell, that's gonna do his dicky ankle a lot of good! laugh.gif

banner1.jpg

#9 poldark

poldark

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:46 am

Posting this in case it's of any use for accommodation, I've never stayed here so not giving any personal recommendation but it was been posted on another bike forum by an IOM resident wanting to help potential TT visitors.

Laxey AFC Camping

EDIT: For some reason the link isn't working, the URL is http://laxeyfc.inthe.../...5245&pmid=0

Edited by poldark, 24 November 2011 - 10:50 am.

'03 silver TDM 900 with V-Strom handguards, GS1150 bar risers, givi box, baglux tank cover, PC III USB with K&N air filter, S/S rad guard, crash bungs, Tigerscreen, iridium plugs, braided front hoses, OEM centre stand, 15W fork oil & 10mm yoke drop, tutoro oiler & sheepskin seat cover! Gone but not forgotten!

#10 hallrob1

hallrob1

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 1,098 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 24 November 2011 - 08:22 pm

QUOTE(tullyhubbert @ Tue 22nd Nov 2011, 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Got email notification for the remainder due on my sailings today, they are up £20 on last year (You only pay a deposit when booking)

What pisses me off is that when I paid my deposit I also paid in full for for seats in the Premium lounge (I like my comfort). When I get the confirmation they've put them up by a pound even though I paid in advance. I know it's only a quid each way but they did the same last year.

I'll still pay up, although when I complained last year they knocked off the Credit Card Fee so I'll try that again.

1999 Gilera Runner 125SP, 2002 Piaggio X9 250, 2004 Bandit 600, 2005 TDM 900, 2007 Honda CB1300S, 2008 Tiger 1050, 1996 Triumph Sprint 900, 2006 Tiger 955i, 2018 Triumph Tiger Sport,  2023 Triumph Tiger 900, XJR1300, 2011 (2009) TDM 900, 

Farkles - Laser Duo Techs, MTC Stainless Exhausts, Laser Duo Techs, Power Commander and custom map, Tenere 1200 Handguards, Yamaha Heated Grips, MRA Vario screen, SW Motech Alurack,  Givi and Hepco and Becker top boxes, Givi Engine bars, Garmin Zumo XT

#11 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:51 pm

On assumption that I will be fully mobile and rding me bike by May, I have just booked on the TT Taster package for £99 return

................depart 0215 Sunday 27 May ex-Heysham

.................return 2245 Thursday 31 May to-Liverpool

This is a bargain price as I cannot really justify full TT this year (again)

Practice week includes Pre-TT Billown races and of course Mountain section is one way throughout practice week

I will probably be staying in Onchan

If anyone else is going please let me know

Pete

Keep music live!

#12 Manx1200

Manx1200

has been here 4ever

• 1,040 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:29 am

Nice one Pete, have put in a request for good weather. rolleyes.gif

banner1.jpg

#13 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:56 pm

QUOTE(Manx900 @ Mon 30th Jan 2012, 09:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice one Pete, have put in a request for good weather. rolleyes.gif

Much appreciated Paul. Looking forward to it.

Would love to do Race Week but not good for my personal safety (Clare will knock the living daylights out of me hide.gif )

Pete

Keep music live!

#14 Manx1200

Manx1200

has been here 4ever

• 1,040 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:10 pm

QUOTE(pete7 @ Mon 30th Jan 2012, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Much appreciated Paul. Looking forward to it.

Would love to do Race Week but not good for my personal safety (Clare will knock the living daylights out of me hide.gif )

Pete

Aaah, the joys of marriage eh! laugh.gif

banner1.jpg

#15 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:18 am

QUOTE(pete7 @ Sun 29th Jan 2012, 10:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On assumption that I will be fully mobile and rding me bike by May, I have just booked on the TT Taster package for £99 return

................depart 0215 Sunday 27 May ex-Heysham

.................return 2245 Thursday 31 May to-Liverpool

This is a bargain price as I cannot really justify full TT this year (again)

Practice week includes Pre-TT Billown races and of course Mountain section is one way throughout practice week

I will probably be staying in Onchan

If anyone else is going please let me know

Pete

Just confirmed my accommodation, usual home stay in Onchan

no availability problems in Practice week and £25/night

total cost of TT taster for me £199 for ferry and B&B... who says it costs a fortune to try the TT Festival

and thats without using any OAP discounts haha

Pete

Keep music live!

#16 Manx1200

Manx1200

has been here 4ever

• 1,040 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:32 pm

I've got all of practice week off work, so hopefully be able to get out and about. I'll get Jo to bake one of her cakes. Any preference?

banner1.jpg

#17 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:13 pm

QUOTE(Manx900 @ Thu 12th Apr 2012, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've got all of practice week off work, so hopefully be able to get out and about. I'll get Jo to bake one of her cakes. Any preference?

that Chocolate last year was pretty good

Clare has just made a Flapjack (her own recipe - golden syrup, pecan nuts, cranberry etc etc) and I have just had 2 pieces and negated my gym session today!

All going well here and will be getting out on bike a bit more soon.

Here are pix from last year, including meeting and Anstey and McGuinness while I had my regulation 3 glasses of beer in the Archibald Knox

http://s269.photobuc...mview=slideshow

I think the Australian lads had a good TT ( including Steve, "buzzo" on his TDM), I think they took over all of the accommodation at Ginger Hall!

Roll on May/June

Pete

Keep music live!

#18 treadman

treadman

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:54 pm

aye you are right there Peter , met a bunch of the aussies on around the track , got there bikes brought over and digs fo £3000 for 2 weeks
they must of been keen,
Neil

#19 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:07 pm

QUOTE(treadman @ Thu 12th Apr 2012, 09:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
aye you are right there Peter , met a bunch of the aussies on around the track , got there bikes brought over and digs fo £3000 for 2 weeks
they must of been keen,
Neil

That would have been Steve (* Buzzo's mates), Neil

I think Howie will be over this year practice week

Any other takers?

Pete

Keep music live!

#20 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:03 pm

Here is the paddock area being prepared ( pix last night courtesy of 'Stroller' on IoMTT website)

http://www.jalium.com/tt2012/pan5.html

Pete

Keep music live!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users