#22 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 13 June 2020 - 03:40 pm

Okeedokee, let the marriage commence. Seat off, 4 bolts holding the rear plastics/frame out and its pretty obvious where No 14 goes.

Attached File  Rack1a.jpg   212.03KB   0 downloads

Easy to bolt it in place...

Attached File  Rack2a.jpg   195.64KB   0 downloads

A bit of juggling about to get the other side brackets lined up and another bit of juggling to get the bar acroos the rear of the mudguard and the panniers were on.  Cleared the zorst, which is nice.

Attached File  Rack3a.jpg   270.17KB   0 downloads

I honestly think the rack would be fine without the rear footpeg connection.  There are 2 x 8mm bolts used to bolt it to the main frame on each side and the rear brace helps to stop it vibrating.  I'll try testing it with a fullload in each pannier and if I'm happy, I'll cut off the legs that connect to the rear pegs.

Attached File  Rack4a.jpg   187.66KB   0 downloads

I dismantled it all after test fitting, had to order some bullet connectors and wiring to extend the indicators.  Not keen on having the indicators stuck out on the rack extensions, looks proper naff when the panniers aren't fitted imho.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#23 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 13 June 2020 - 04:23 pm

Oooooh.

Do the ticken tockens even need to move?
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#24 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 13 June 2020 - 04:27 pm

Yep, take a look at 3rd photo.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#25 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 13 June 2020 - 04:54 pm

Ahhh guess diff rack to mine then.

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#26 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 13 June 2020 - 05:21 pm

Prolly best to leave the pan ears on Ian, it's what sent me off em racks cos they look shoite with out the pan ears, so you getting ready for a big trip then !!

Looks like you have a relief cut out of 14 on each side on top, wonder why that is then, mine dont have them..

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#27 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 13 June 2020 - 05:37 pm

I can remove the racks pretty quickly, it's just the indicators that are the problem.  I could leave them squashed in as in 3rd pick and fit another set to the racks, got a couple of spare rear wans, then just swap over the wires.  Deffo don't fancy just rack with no panniers.  No big trip planned yet.

Yeah, not sure what they're there for, might just ease the bending/shaping of the bracket or could be a mk2 thing.

EDIT:  Just checked and my front indicators, which are smaller aftermarket jobbies (see pic 4 above) will just fit the rear without fouling on the rack or panniers, sooooo, swap over front and rears, fit spare wans to rack and then its just plug n play.  Might even only need to use small ones on rear, depends if the can be clearly seen with panniers on.  If they're ok then I can remove the rack indicator brackets. :)

#28 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 13 June 2020 - 06:05 pm

Yep the bites out of each side of #14 are MK2 specific.

Can't remember if the step-up in-between the seat rails is really required. 

Edited by Favs, 13 June 2020 - 06:08 pm.

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#29 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 13 June 2020 - 06:22 pm

Now you got boxes, time to get thinking of where you want to tour.
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#30 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 13 June 2020 - 07:23 pm

I know where I want to tour Lee, just don't have the readies to go there yet. 3-4 weeks Euro tour. :)  In the meantime, looks like a few weekends and the odd bike rally.

Swapped the tickentockens and the smaller wans fit perfectly. :)

Attached File  Rack5a.jpg   227.43KB   0 downloads

Shouldn't need the odd looking extended setup now.

#31 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 13 June 2020 - 07:40 pm

That looks the job.

#32 Gdogg

Gdogg

has been here 4ever

• 1,160 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 14 June 2020 - 07:55 am

Good work Team Ramrod,   looks smart  :good:

Get them bad boys loaded up and out to Casa Queiro next spring / summer ?   :lol:

<p> Now Sold 😔......850 MK2A 4TX6 in Silver, Stainless steel hand rolled slip on end can, stainless 2into1 headers, K&N air filter, Hagon progressive front springs, Gdogg modified rear shock, Else Made "Ridgeback" Gel Seat, Gdogg under seat fender extender, Powrspark leads, Carbon fiber effect vinyl wrap fairing decals & logos, Michelin Pilot Road2's, V-Strom hand guards, Givi monorack & box (colour matched side rails).

#33 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 14 June 2020 - 01:02 pm

Be nice to get out there Gav, will have to see how the foldin' is a holdin' :good:

#34 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 20 June 2020 - 03:50 pm

Okeedokee, now fitted...............again.

Attached File  fitted.jpg   204.12KB   0 downloads

Also fitted the rear plastics, topbox and seat.

Attached File  Fitted2.jpg   175.54KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Fitted3.jpg   166.14KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Fitted4.jpg   157.71KB   0 downloads

Still need to sort out the indicator stalk fittings and consider if I need the bars going to the rear footpegs.  Thinking that the oem panniers for the 9'er only have 2 bolts holding the pannier rail in place and they work fine.

#35 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 20 June 2020 - 07:30 pm

If ya dont overload with underpants you should be golden, you'll have to go on a trip now wont ya :good: it's funny as i remember chatting about just using a waterproof bag on the back seat, think panears may be the more sensible solution though...

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#36 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 20 June 2020 - 08:41 pm

Well, I could free up some space by wearing y fronts instead of long johns eh. :P

I struggle getting my leg over the bag (fnarfnar) on the seat with my riding pantaloons on.  I reckon the additional storage, is much better for camping. Those LOMO bags are deffo worth considering though.  I've got a mahoosive tool (chortlechortle) toob to fit too, just need to find somewhere to put it.

#37 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 21 June 2020 - 06:57 am

Hm, leg over, that's a thought, think i'll have to have a practice and see, mind i reckon i could get away with a tank bag and top box even for a long trip away, assuming not camping..

#38 tdmpaul

tdmpaul

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 21 June 2020 - 09:42 am

They look good on there Studley, one problem tho, my dad say I've got to get them back! 😆😆😆

#39 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 21 June 2020 - 12:51 pm

Cheers Paul, think I put the panniers on the wrong way round. Should've been smaller edge to front, slightly easier to get my leg over then.  Anyhoos, needless to say, yer dad's gonna be mighty disappointed. :lol:

#40 tdmpaul

tdmpaul

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 21 June 2020 - 03:50 pm

Cheers Paul, think I put the panniers on the wrong way round. Should've been smaller edge to front, slightly easier to get my leg over then.  Anyhoos, needless to say, yer dad's gonna be mighty disappointed. :lol:

😂👍

Edited by tdmpaul, 21 June 2020 - 03:52 pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users