TDMick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:23 pm

GWS, All of you!

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional
Who dies with the most toys wins!

2010 'stealth' grey 900. '14 plate. engine bars, Centre stand, datatool alarm, datatag, E22s, Cree DRLs, Barkbuster handguards, Carpe sticker. Led running lights

#22 dhatfiel

dhatfiel

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 63 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:39 pm

Hope you and your wife are ok mate, a nasty tumble there. Get well soon fix up your bike and avoid mud!

Yes, thanks for asking, she is fine. 

A couple of minor scratches on the bike, and the cracked crankcase cover. Does anyone know of a replacement I could buy? Would need gasket as well.  And as importantly, some crashbar to avoid this in the future. This was a very minor, low speed laydown, but the cracked cover allowed all oil to drain. If not for this, the bike could have been ridden away. As it was, the bike needed to be hauled away. Where can I get suitable bars or bungs that would protect crankcase cover? The bike is a 3vd. (1992)

#23 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:52 pm

There have been a coupla Merkins who tried to sort out a crashbar group buy from Renntec.  I think wan of them bought more than one set to make the group buy possible and since US of A based might be an option for you.  If ya search for crashbars in the for sale section you might find the thread, or ask Clocklaw as he also tried/did a group buy.

Which cover did you break?  Think from memory (oh dear) most of em are interchangeable atwix mkI and mkII ....though thats unloikely to help ewe find one over dare but might help with a search over ear.

"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#24 dhatfiel

dhatfiel

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 63 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:37 pm

The left side cover, the one the keeps your oil from getting all over your left shoe. It is officially called cover, crankcase, L.  Found a brand new one, with gasket, at Partzilla.com. They said they have to get it from Japan first, but I was so happy to find one, and a brand new one at that. There was nothing a day or two ago on Ebay. That is what I thought I would have to do, as machine is so old; find someone parting one out. It appears that this cover is listed as working on only the 1992-93 boike, Daps.

(Merkins......?????hmmm...!! Americans, right?)

#25 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:50 pm

TDM only available in US for them years, hence only showing available for them year.  Definitely ANY mkI cover will fit (91-96) and also reckon alternator cover from mkII (not available to US but on other country ebay possibly) may also fit. 

Yeah Merkins US of A'ers.

EDIT: loike ziz van. http://www.ebay.co.u...f#ht_777wt_1162

"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#26 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 10,735 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:54 am

Yes, thanks for asking, she is fine. 

A couple of minor scratches on the bike, and the cracked crankcase cover. Does anyone know of a replacement I could buy? Would need gasket as well.  And as importantly, some crashbar to avoid this in the future. This was a very minor, low speed laydown, but the cracked cover allowed all oil to drain. If not for this, the bike could have been ridden away. As it was, the bike needed to be hauled away. Where can I get suitable bars or bungs that would protect crankcase cover? The bike is a 3vd. (1992)

Bad luck having this fall, and even worse to break ribs... quick recovery..

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#27 TDMick

TDMick

TDMick

• 3,830 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:21 pm

Rathawk's Renntec thread, might be worth a PM?

Get well soon.

http://www.carpe-tdm...ic=27360&page=4

Edited by TDMick, 14 March 2014 - 04:22 pm.

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional
Who dies with the most toys wins!

2010 'stealth' grey 900. '14 plate. engine bars, Centre stand, datatool alarm, datatag, E22s, Cree DRLs, Barkbuster handguards, Carpe sticker. Led running lights

#28 Scout18

Scout18

discovering Carpe

• 18 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:38 am

Sorry to hear about your trouble dhatfiel. I've been so busy with work and getting my TDM sorted I missed your post about your accident until now. I hope the recovery is going  well.

#29 harvey krumpet

harvey krumpet

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 2,049 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:55 am

All the best on mending. Ribs hurt! Hope the missus still loves you. If your struggling for the cover You may be able to source it direct from Japan. I've had a lot of success at not unreasonable prices for my G/F's DT.

Was thinking about engine bars me'self again today. Missed out on the group buys at the time.

Ended up riding 100k + of twisted twistys in persistent precipitation with a Teflon back tire & a steam filled visor with rain on both sides. I had more twitches than a Tourettes convention.

Edited by harvey krumpet, 22 March 2014 - 07:56 am.

TDM 850 Loud and unusual. CRM 250r Woo hoo! DT 230 Lanza Fiddled with.... Bloody hell, is that legal? GG Randonee AKA "I didn't think that was possible".

#30 Scout18

Scout18

discovering Carpe

• 18 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 27 April 2014 - 01:57 am

Dhatfiel, I think I saw your TDM out at the  shop  out in Fairview.  Can you tell me a  little more  about the 'lectrical  problem?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users