- - - - -

rivington, nr chorley.

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_jude_*

Guest_jude_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2007 - 07:18 pm

Was at Rivington nr chorley and I spotted a Silver TDM 900, 2003.
saw the bike at around 4pm and the place was packed with bikers and day trippers!
Was it anybody on here? good.gif

#2 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,913 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 04 February 2007 - 08:25 pm

What goes on at Rivington to draw the bikers?

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#3 Guest_jude_*

Guest_jude_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2007 - 08:30 pm

QUOTE(Matlock @ Sun 4th Feb 2007, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What goes on at Rivington to draw the bikers?

well its just a big get together place, its very scenic, there is a very large converted barn which has a cafe/Restaurant at one end and a bar at te other, this place always seems to be a very popular place to see other bikers and havea good day out.. but it is a heller of a place to get to, we got lost on the way there but not on the way back.
It is a nice place t be good.gif

QUOTE(jude @ Sun 4th Feb 2007, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well its just a big get together place, its very scenic, there is a very large converted barn which has a cafe/Restaurant at one end and a bar at te other, this place always seems to be a very popular place to see other bikers and havea good day out.. but it is a heller of a place to get to, we got lost on the way there but not on the way back.

there are also stalls selling bike stuff and a van who puts gunk in your tyres, for a price of course.

#4 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 08:33 pm

QUOTE(jude @ Sun 4th Feb 2007, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I must pay a visit one day. Get a Tomtom Rider and never get lost again. Or ........ get lost ..... then turn the Rider on ........... find your way back home! tongue.gif I wasn't too far away today, went up the A59 through Rufford - nice bit of road if it wasn't for all the bl**dy cars ranting.gif

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#5 Guest_jude_*

Guest_jude_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2007 - 08:37 pm

QUOTE(Matlock @ Sun 4th Feb 2007, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I must pay a visit one day. Get a Tomtom Rider and never get lost again. Or ........ get lost ..... then turn the Rider on ........... find your way back home! tongue.gif I wasn't too far away today, went up the A59 through Rufford - nice bit of road if it wasn't for all the bl**dy cars ranting.gif

bloody hell dont talk about traffic to me...when we eventually found our way there, we were stuck in a long queue just trying to get into the car parc (which is free) it was horrendouse, but i'd recomend you go. but i've yet to find out who the tdm belonged to.
How much are those tomtom's, I wouldn't mind one of them,am usually good with directions but today was a little tough as rivington is a bit out of the way.

#6 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 08:48 pm

QUOTE(jude @ Sun 4th Feb 2007, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How much are those tomtom's

I got mine for 220 GBP, from ebuyer. You need to wait get them for that price. Ebuyer tend to get small batches in every few months and are way cheaper than everyone else.

when we eventually found our way there, we were stuck in a long queue just trying to get into the car parc

No room to filter? Bummer! That's half the fun of having a bike. Well, OK, 25%.

Keep an eye out for a yellow 900 there one day, just looked at Rivington on Google Earth, nice looking roads thereabouts.

Follow me on twitter

#7 Guest_jude_*

Guest_jude_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2007 - 08:50 pm

QUOTE(Matlock @ Sun 4th Feb 2007, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got mine for 220 GBP, from ebuyer. You need to wait get them for that price. Ebuyer tend to get small batches in every few months and are way cheaper than everyone else.
No room to filter? Bummer! That's half the fun of having a bike. Well, OK, 25%.

Keep an eye out for a yellow 900 there one day, just looked at Rivington on Google Earth, nice looking roads thereabouts.

Oh the raods are bikers heaven around there hon, Chris, my fella, opened up and the bike have it and he is a very very careful rider, just go and enjoy, thats all i can say and look out for my blue one if i am there.. tongue.gif

#8 Kpnuts

Kpnuts

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 157 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:18 pm

I go to Rivington.. very good place to go.. your right, its a strain to get there on a good day. Try getting there before 5 in the morn, you only have to wait up 2 hrs to get in. My cousin, who I go with, he has a Harley Heritage (sad git).. you cant miss him he stands next to it with his Harley cigar, Harley sunglasses, Harley jacket... Harley crap all over...but dont tell him I said that.

Have you seen the fellow in the corner who sells all the badges and stuff ?... lives on a canal boat.. my cousin likes to talk to him a lot.
I sit on the the other side of the cafe wit the old pensioners club.. more interesting chat. blink.gif

Southport is a good run out for us as well... good.gif
Well, everyone knows that the speed of light is 299,792,456 meters per second. and thats all very fine and dandy, and it explaines a lot in our universe ......or is maybe it opens up more questions than answers, and the most important of those is....what is the speed of dark?

#9 Guest_jude_*

Guest_jude_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:55 pm

QUOTE(Kpnuts @ Wed 7th Feb 2007, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I go to Rivington.. very good place to go.. your right, its a strain to get there on a good day. Try getting there before 5 in the morn, you only have to wait up 2 hrs to get in. My cousin, who I go with, he has a Harley Heritage (sad git).. you cant miss him he stands next to it with his Harley cigar, Harley sunglasses, Harley jacket... Harley crap all over...but dont tell him I said that.

Have you seen the fellow in the corner who sells all the badges and stuff ?... lives on a canal boat.. my cousin likes to talk to him a lot.
I sit on the the other side of the cafe wit the old pensioners club.. more interesting chat. blink.gif

Southport is a good run out for us as well... good.gif

hiya.

So was that your bike i saw last sunday then cos im still trying to say hi, i saw your bike, but hi anyway and yes southport is a great run out, do you go through maghull past the scotch piper, i9n fact, do you ever go to the scotchpiper?

I have seen some one sell badges and stuff and even though i have only been twice i feel i have been going for ever, the feel of the place is great isnt it hon good.gif

#10 Kpnuts

Kpnuts

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 157 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 05:26 pm

QUOTE(jude @ Wed 7th Feb 2007, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hiya.

So was that your bike i saw last sunday then cos im still trying to say hi, i saw your bike, but hi anyway and yes southport is a great run out, do you go through maghull past the scotch piper, i9n fact, do you ever go to the scotchpiper?

I have seen some one sell badges and stuff and even though i have only been twice i feel i have been going for ever, the feel of the place is great isnt it hon good.gif

Nay.. i`d love to say it was me but for the first instance da wife saw a fine opportunity to get a load of homely jobs done.. damn sunny days.. second, although mine is silver, it`s a superb 850 2001 TDM.
Maghull is near Liverpool I believe but i cant recall going there.. unless friends tell me other wise. What am I missing??
My cousin is in that Hollyoaks thing and i`ve promised to go visit her new digs in Liverpool.. How far is Scotchpiper from there??
In fact now I get to recall last years trips, the last one on a very sunny day to St.Anne's, I had a fair few outings to that side of good old blighty...
Well, everyone knows that the speed of light is 299,792,456 meters per second. and thats all very fine and dandy, and it explaines a lot in our universe ......or is maybe it opens up more questions than answers, and the most important of those is....what is the speed of dark?

#11 Guest_jude_*

Guest_jude_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2007 - 07:16 pm

QUOTE(Kpnuts @ Thu 8th Feb 2007, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nay.. i`d love to say it was me but for the first instance da wife saw a fine opportunity to get a load of homely jobs done.. damn sunny days.. second, although mine is silver, it`s a superb 850 2001 TDM.
Maghull is near Liverpool I believe but i cant recall going there.. unless friends tell me other wise. What am I missing??
My cousin is in that Hollyoaks thing and i`ve promised to go visit her new digs in Liverpool.. How far is Scotchpiper from there??
In fact now I get to recall last years trips, the last one on a very sunny day to St.Anne's, I had a fair few outings to that side of good old blighty...

umm maghull where the scotchpiper is, is about 7 , 8 miles form liverpool and its a pub where bikers get together on a wednesday night for some tea, coffee, and bargbe que.
its a nice place to be

#12 Kpnuts

Kpnuts

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 157 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 09:27 pm

QUOTE(jude @ Thu 8th Feb 2007, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
umm maghull where the scotchpiper is, is about 7 , 8 miles form liverpool and its a pub where bikers get together on a wednesday night for some tea, coffee, and bargbe que.
its a nice place to be

right, i`ve put that in the must do`s box for this year. Got two biker clubs here that are not adventurous enough.. "well we always go there third week in BLAH BLAH BLAH..".
Managed to get da wife to jump on the back of da bike a couple of years back and although she did it for me initially she ended up enjoying the days out and she now plans places to go. Her longest trip was to my sisters in Livingstone.. bonny Scotland.
We planned a trip to Mercia in Spain this year but projects at work dont allow me to plan anything that accurate so small trips around this great Isle of ours will suffice. She will never take up the reigns herself like you but it`ll do me.
i`ll look out for your bike when the weather breaks and the days get longer still and sunnier... yahoo.gif

Ps... sorry for spellings and such.. rush job

#13 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK

Posted 09 February 2007 - 10:00 pm

bloody hell dont talk about traffic to me...when we eventually found our way there, we were stuck in a long queue just trying to get into the car parc (which is free) it was horrendouse, but i'd recomend you go. but i've yet to find out who the tdm belonged to.
How much are those tomtom's, I wouldn't mind one of them,am usually good with directions but today was a little tough as rivington is a bit out of the way.

other places for you to try (sundays for both) Devils bridge junction of a65 and a683 at kirkby lonsdale very popular bike meet good.gif and my home Hartside top cafe on the a686 between penrith and Alston (after melmerby the road is awesome) (gods road / well one of em) yahoo.gif

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#14 Guest_jude_*

Guest_jude_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2007 - 10:10 pm

QUOTE(Kpnuts @ Fri 9th Feb 2007, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
right, i`ve put that in the must do`s box for this year. Got two biker clubs here that are not adventurous enough.. "well we always go there third week in BLAH BLAH BLAH..".
Managed to get da wife to jump on the back of da bike a couple of years back and although she did it for me initially she ended up enjoying the days out and she now plans places to go. Her longest trip was to my sisters in Livingstone.. bonny Scotland.
We planned a trip to Mercia in Spain this year but projects at work dont allow me to plan anything that accurate so small trips around this great Isle of ours will suffice. She will never take up the reigns herself like you but it`ll do me.
i`ll look out for your bike when the weather breaks and the days get longer still and sunnier... yahoo.gif

Ps... sorry for spellings and such.. rush job

well all we can ask for is that she does take the bug and the initiative and take over th reigns one day, once bitten forever smitten, I hope she does cos theres nothing like having your partner/wife/husband/other, riding along side you.
and if you do see me you will probably see my fella, soon to be husbad on his vtr 1000 riding along side me...yeah...lol, dont worry about the spelling hon ,i dont

#15 Guest_jude_*

Guest_jude_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2007 - 10:11 pm

QUOTE(Hartside Man @ Fri 9th Feb 2007, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
other places for you to try (sundays for both) Devils bridge junction of a65 and a683 at kirkby lonsdale very popular bike meet good.gif and my home Hartside top cafe on the a686 between penrith and Alston (after melmerby the road is awesome) (gods road / well one of em) yahoo.gif

hey thanks for that harts, we will deffinately go there, though we wont wait till summer, we are not fair weather riders,,,dont mind the cold..lol, says she with water dripping off her and icicles hanging from her nose..lol

#16 Kpnuts

Kpnuts

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 157 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 11:01 pm

Devils Bridge is my favorite ike on a sunday morn.. 40 mins away .. the police hold their fort just over last the last ridge but only get the idiots coming in wit no sense at all.. By the way , as fish shops go and places to hold out for an hour the fish shop across from the carpark in Settle is a must.. i know a lot about fish shops as my wife will tell you , although she is agast to know how i know so much about such places I very rarely visit (he! He!) .. I think there should be a separate forum for fishshop stops across this great land of ours. Remember we are loosing a lot of our identity and its up to the valiant to up-hold such long established traditions..
The wife just said hello... good.gif

#17 Guest_jude_*

Guest_jude_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2007 - 11:09 pm

QUOTE(Kpnuts @ Fri 9th Feb 2007, 10:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Devils Bridge is my favorite ike on a sunday morn.. 40 mins away .. the police hold their fort just over last the last ridge but only get the idiots coming in wit no sense at all.. By the way , as fish shops go and places to hold out for an hour the fish shop across from the carpark in Settle is a must.. i know a lot about fish shops as my wife will tell you , although she is agast to know how i know so much about such places I very rarely visit (he! He!) .. I think there should be a separate forum for fishshop stops across this great land of ours. Remember we are loosing a lot of our identity and its up to the valiant to up-hold such long established traditions..
The wife just said hello... good.gif

oh ..hi mrs (kpnuts) sorry dont know your name ..lol.
Have you been to the cafe in new brighton, Its a bit tacky but i like it there, the food aint all that bad either.We were told about the Devils bridge but as we were new to bikes and were learning how to handle a 125 properly...lol, god i can remember how terrified i was when i first got on the bike on the road, oh i thought i was it...lol rotflmmfao.gif this pissy little chitsuma 125, the clutch was shit too, it was like riding a death trap, and then when i passed my test i went straight on to my tdm 900, god the difference, it was a shock to my sestem but god, what a rush...lol

#18 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 10 February 2007 - 02:38 am

this thread ever gonna die rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif

Edited by wicklamulla, 10 February 2007 - 02:39 am.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#19 Kpnuts

Kpnuts

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 157 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 04:34 pm

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Sat 10th Feb 2007, 02:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this thread ever gonna die rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif

Nope!..

Feck.. just sat down, now i got to go out again..only thing I`ll be steering for next couple hrs is a shopping trolley

#20 Guest_jude_*

Guest_jude_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2007 - 10:45 am

QUOTE(Kpnuts @ Sat 10th Feb 2007, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nope!..

Feck.. just sat down, now i got to go out again..only thing I`ll be steering for next couple hrs is a shopping trolley

This thread is going to outstrip all the others wicky.. tongue.gif ...hey kp...we went out for a little spin yeaterday which started as a whim, of course instigated from me, We set of from liverpool at 12.noon and ended up in skegness at about three, saw my brother, had a meal with him and set off back again and i can tell you the A16 road between grimsby and skegness is a must for bikers,that road was made for us.....though i wish i had heated grips, couldnt feel my hands.
we might go for kirby lonsdale next week, devils bridge is calling..lol. good.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users