#1 Matt101

Matt101

full o shoite

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,391 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 07 June 2016 - 11:03 pm

So after the disappointment of missing a trip to Scotland with some of my mates and also working my nads off at home my wife decided it was time for a treat. So after over 30 years of biking I finally own my 1st brand new bike........

20160607_122651_zpse0f47awd.jpg

20160607_122700_001_zps9jlye8vm.jpg

edited_20160607_122718_001_zps3ewpyrph.j
After a good long talk I decided to downsize. With the lad getting on 2 wheels now I don't need the giant FJR. So I now have a bike for a grown up biker! LOL

Edited by Matt101, 07 June 2016 - 11:06 pm.

#2 filo

filo

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 229 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 08 June 2016 - 05:33 am

Nice
did you go for the manual or automatic?
Only downside for me with the nc750 is not being able to strap luggage on the seat because of the fuel filler under the back seat, it's definitely on my list of next bikes.
A friend of mine who's had loads of bikes recently aquired a cb500x through chance and absolutely loves it.
Enjoy.

#3 jono49

jono49

has been here 4ever

• 1,183 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:21 am

Nice One you wont regret it :good: the stock Dunlop tyres dont last long, but stick like shit to a blanket.

Nice
did you go for the manual or automatic?
Only downside for me with the nc750 is not being able to strap luggage on the seat because of the fuel filler under the back seat, it's definitely on my list of next bikes.
A friend of mine who's had loads of bikes recently aquired a cb500x through chance and absolutely loves it.
Enjoy.

I used a Lomo 40 litre roll bag at the weekend with 2 Rok straps to hold it on and it was easy to take off for fuel.

Don't get confused between my personality
and my attitude. My personality is who I am,
my attitude depends on who YOU are!

Skinny people are easy to kidnap.....Stay safe and eat cake!!!!!

#4 Rallyist

Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• 3,253 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 08 June 2016 - 08:58 am

So after the disappointment of missing a trip to Scotland with some of my mates and also working my nads off at home my wife decided it was time for a treat. So after over 30 years of biking I finally own my 1st brand new bike........

20160607_122651_zpse0f47awd.jpg

20160607_122700_001_zps9jlye8vm.jpg

edited_20160607_122718_001_zps3ewpyrph.j
After a good long talk I decided to downsize. With the lad getting on 2 wheels now I don't need the giant FJR. So I now have a bike for a grown up biker! LOL

You better get over to my house Matt so I can test it ... only on the drive mind

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#5 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,973 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 09:59 am

Very nice Matt. I look forward to reading your thoughts on it.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#6 Matt101

Matt101

full o shoite

• 2,391 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 10:21 am

Went for the DCT version. Absolutely brilliant. Still running it in so keeping it steady. 100 miles on it yesterday and all smiles. Had a play in Sport 1 and you notice the difference in shift patterns. And there's 3 modes to play with. Apparently if you use manual shift while in sports mode the system learns how and when you shift and remembers. Next time you select that sports mode it'll change how and when you did so you just relax. Awesome tech really and the shifts are seamless. No Jerks or clunks. And engine braking can be as harsh as you want as you can override the system with the manual buttons regardless of mode selected. I'll report more when I get some more miles this weekend. I'll let you know when I can pop over Graham

#7 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 11:23 am

Nice one Matt. I had the previous model (a manual) as a loan bike when the Crosstourer was in for a service and I was impressed.

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#8 Gdogg

Gdogg

has been here 4ever

• 1,163 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 08 June 2016 - 04:10 pm

Nice one chap, very smart, friend of mine has one in black, he's hopeing to tag along on the 25th, enjoy :good:

<p> Now Sold 😔......850 MK2A 4TX6 in Silver, Stainless steel hand rolled slip on end can, stainless 2into1 headers, K&N air filter, Hagon progressive front springs, Gdogg modified rear shock, Else Made "Ridgeback" Gel Seat, Gdogg under seat fender extender, Powrspark leads, Carbon fiber effect vinyl wrap fairing decals & logos, Michelin Pilot Road2's, V-Strom hand guards, Givi monorack & box (colour matched side rails).

#9 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,214 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 08:11 pm

Congratulations Matt. :drinks:  I can see the appeal of having the tech stuff you mention, sounds like it could be really useful.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#10 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• 1,792 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 08:03 am

Went for the DCT version. Absolutely brilliant. Still running it in so keeping it steady. 100 miles on it yesterday and all smiles. Had a play in Sport 1 and you notice the difference in shift patterns. And there's 3 modes to play with. Apparently if you use manual shift while in sports mode the system learns how and when you shift and remembers. Next time you select that sports mode it'll change how and when you did so you just relax. Awesome tech really and the shifts are seamless. No Jerks or clunks. And engine braking can be as harsh as you want as you can override the system with the manual buttons regardless of mode selected. I'll report more when I get some more miles this weekend. I'll let you know when I can pop over Graham

I tested the X model with DCT coupla months ago, but noone told me there were more shift modes :hide: . It was obviously set to 'dull', and I was not impressed. I mean - a flat out and it shifts at 5,000 rpm or thereabouts ! 

Bjørge

#11 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,754 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 09 June 2016 - 10:41 am

Nice Matt hope you enjoy your new bike fella 

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#12 TinTin

TinTin

has been here 4ever

• 1,296 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 03:45 pm

I have more or less decided the NC to be my next bike.
Will have to get a red one now.
Enjoy Matt 🍰

#13 jono49

jono49

has been here 4ever

• 1,183 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 09 June 2016 - 05:48 pm

Tin Tin if you want to meet up this weekend for a shot on mine geeza shout!!!!

Don't get confused between my personality
and my attitude. My personality is who I am,
my attitude depends on who YOU are!

Skinny people are easy to kidnap.....Stay safe and eat cake!!!!!

#14 TinTin

TinTin

has been here 4ever

• 1,296 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 11:10 am

Thanks for the offer Jono but sat is the big big day in Carlisle. Its the Cumberland show :clapping: 

Sunday I need to sort the fields & get the house ready for the return of SWMBO. :cleanup:

Cant do anything till next year anyway so may take you up on your kind offer then. :good:

#15 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,214 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 02:26 pm

But can you resist the urge that long before getting the bike, oh Mr Impulsive ? :P

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users