#1 jiff

jiff

Knight of Postsalot

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 20 January 2024 - 09:08 pm

I’ve lost track of where Carpe is at now…and indeed if you/we/us are still functioning?

When, from time to time, I return for a gander,  there appears to be little or no activity…..

which mirrors my own situation (dodgy knee / hip, not yet remedied) ….

hence my TDM, cosy and unmolested in the garage,

wondering to itself what happened to curtail all the fun it used to have ! 

Is anyone still ‘at-it’?……or have all concerned collapsed in a creaking heap ?

…or moved on to something more ‘digital’

Jiff…..just asking

#2 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,120 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 20 January 2024 - 10:19 pm

Yoohoo
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#3 curlylegend

curlylegend

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Location:West of France, south of the Loire...the good bit !
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 20 January 2024 - 10:38 pm

Hell, no ! My bike's all ready to go. I'm champing at the bit for this cold spell to end, which it ought to do in the next couple of hours, and I'm offski !

#4 trevini

trevini

has been here 4ever

• 1,781 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 21 January 2024 - 04:38 am

I think a fair few of the “old guard” have moved on to other things.  Some of us have been around a while though. I’ve been here since 2005. Where’s the time gone! Still using mine regularly.

Just had a Quick Look on the how many left website and there’s only just over 1000 900s and 375 850s still registered. I didn’t check, but I suspect a fair number of those will be SORNED too. 

2004 Galaxy Blue. Owned since 486 miles.Renthal 755 bars, Bagster tank cover, Oxford heated grips, DL650 hand guards, Double Bubble screen, Scorpion Rad guard, Gel pad insert, HLD undertray, Angry Badger tailtidy,  Michelin Road 5s, Givi E21s, E46 topbox, Ohlins shock and YSS cartridge emulators   Currently not fitted - PC3, Remus Revolutions.

LCErj.jpg

Putting up with the "niner" jokes since 2005
Check out http://www.hotcoldground.co.uk we're really rather good!
Like food? I feed people -  SmokinGrillGuy <p>

#5 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,446 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 21 January 2024 - 09:04 am

My road tax is due end of the month, can't decide whether to renew or put off for a month or 2. The tracer's already on sorn.

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#6 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,676 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 21 January 2024 - 09:55 am

Mine still works, and still smokes once warm, mostly from the right pipe

I want to do the West coast of Ireland this year. Thinking the TDM is too risky I've looked at FJR1300, KTM 950/990, or if I'm feeling flash , an MT09 or lighter MT07.

But, known for my aversion to washing the bike (although happy to keep it mechanically sound) something newer might be spoilt on me, so in my list of choices is either a replacement TDM engine, or, a stripdown and rebuild.

I've got a few days off this coming week and so I'm hoping for better weather to go out and lay some smoke trails on the roads of the Scottish hills, preferably in front of EV drivers :)

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#7 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• 1,745 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 21 January 2024 - 12:39 pm

Yoo hoo...still here and still riding the tdm I've had since 2006. In fact, just been prepping for MOT next week or so. Trip to Germany planned for May, so she'll be getting a once over between now and then. Must admit tho'....purchase of motorhome has reduced my weekend play time quite considerably!!Maybe we're just all getting a bit older along with our machinery!!
Lock onto my co-ordinates and beam me up !!

04 900 - 92 mk 1 - r 1150 rs - Z550 A1 - 2x bonnies - plastic slug -XL185 - ...not in that order !! (and one or two i don't want / dare to own up to !!)

#8 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,120 posts

Posted 21 January 2024 - 02:07 pm

Maybe we're just all getting a bit older along with our machinery!!

Ed zackery

I want to do the West coast of Ireland this year.

NOICE

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#9 LAURENCEAUX

LAURENCEAUX

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 192 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 21 January 2024 - 02:13 pm

My 900A is spotless and ready to go, as is member Riggers' as we plan this years major biking events for us. We are still "at it", covering thousands of miles a year. For members who find the site "quiet" I'm pretty sure our advancing years are responsible, for arguments are rare (why bother), point scoring bragging/slagging (ditto) and requests for info are rare as they're already covered on the site, or not much goes wrong on TDM's. I see this site as a contact point for a fraternity of fellow rides and possibly technical information, but do not expect it to tell me how to mod my bikes, organise anything for me, nor put peer pressure on anyone to "meet-up" or "ride-out on such and such a day". If I'm honest I like its lazy ways and the only thing I would like is a discreet "club badge" for my bike or jacket to identify fellow Carpie's when out on the road. I'm staying on my bike 'till I fall off and even when I'm back down to a 125 (for weight reason), I'll still be looking in on this site. Carry on everyone.

Edited by LAURENCEAUX, 21 January 2024 - 02:36 pm.

#10 LAURENCEAUX

LAURENCEAUX

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 21 January 2024 - 02:21 pm

Mine still works, and still smokes once warm, mostly from the right pipe

I want to do the West coast of Ireland this year. Thinking the TDM is too risky I've looked at FJR1300, KTM 950/990, or if I'm feeling flash , an MT09 or lighter MT07.

But, known for my aversion to washing the bike (although happy to keep it mechanically sound) something newer might be spoilt on me, so in my list of choices is either a replacement TDM engine, or, a stripdown and rebuild.

I've got a few days off this coming week and so I'm hoping for better weather to go out and lay some smoke trails on the roads of the Scottish hills, preferably in front of EV drivers :)

I've ridden twice in Northern Ireland and love it over there. Are you a solo or group rider as maybe we could hook-up for a day of riding there. I usually base myself in Ballygally for a week in late August, getting there via a few prior and post days in Dumfries?

#11 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,361 posts
  • Location:Often on another planet, but mostly south Cambs. (St.Neots)
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 21 January 2024 - 02:26 pm

I'm still lurking with the tdm in the garage ready to go, I'm no tourer just usually out for a fairly local play around on it when the weather is nice, don't do cold and wet any more and lots of summer is taken up with playing pugwash on my boat.
Most runs over the last few years have been a trip to my Mums but I lost her in October so no idea what this year's riding will bring, I have a feeling I will end up at her house at least once and wonder why I'm there, sort of auto pilot.
I like this site as it is, no ones arguing or posting pics of their cornflakes, just bike related stuff and a few silly bits.

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

Save the planet, it's the only one with beer!

#12 Pedro

Pedro

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 266 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 21 January 2024 - 03:12 pm

Still enjoying my 3vd. Being in Spain, I don't get much winter downtime to strip the bike down and fiddle. (Was up to 20c for a few days last week). I'm out on it 3-4 times a week. I have just received Leehenty's oil warning light switch so that's next on the agenda. I did a Map Challenge in Cordoba last November and didn't see a single TDM.(1200 bikes). We're all still here, enjoying the bikes when there's nothing to moan or bitch about the bike on the forum

ps.  For some reason, I can't load photos. I used to be able to, but lately, it just comes up as "error". Maybe someone can help. Or maybe, my photos were shiete. :)

Edited by Pedro, 21 January 2024 - 03:16 pm.

#13 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,120 posts

Posted 21 January 2024 - 03:57 pm

Once oi have updated all sportings photos should return Pedro

#14 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,759 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 21 January 2024 - 05:25 pm

i'm back on the road to recovery, so looking forward to the warmer days and fitness to start riding again.

Thinking of brecons again for a weekend as really enjoyed the area.

2025 I want to go abroad to germany which I had to cancel.

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#15 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,676 posts

Posted 21 January 2024 - 06:07 pm

I've ridden twice in Northern Ireland and love it over there. Are you a solo or group rider as maybe we could hook-up for a day of riding there. I usually base myself in Ballygally for a week in late August, getting there via a few prior and post days in Dumfries?

I had planned to go by myself, although I don't mind riding in groups at all now and then.

My wife is from Dumfries and Galloway (Auchencairn) so I know it well. I've got family south of Belfast, Katesbridge/Banbridge who could probably put us up

My mum's family is from Wicklow (Dublin), and I've yet to ride through the Wicklow hills so that's a goal.

And then, a Friday or Saturday in Kilkenny. I worked in that area a couple of years ago, just a couple of weeks, but realised it's where people from Dublin go to have their hen and stag nights, away from Dublin. Great atmosphere,  and even if you're on your own so many people talk to you and ask you how you're doing. Lots of small (and large) pubs, most with live music. Then probably head to the West Atlantic way with a target of a night in a pub with music in Dingle.

These are just loose plans though, no dates yet because my work schedule this year is very sketchy, it's tough to plan it so early in the year.

I can see me still having the TDM, although I might put a new vinyl wrap on it because the current cammo style could be considered 'inflammatory' !

Edited by fixitsan, 21 January 2024 - 06:11 pm.

#16 Andy25

Andy25

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 21 January 2024 - 08:52 pm

850 sorned - needs throttle cable & Not
900 Sitting at my work as Battery Fooked again !
Not sure if the -5 commute killed it but It's less than 8 months old
So just waiting for replacement
Only seen to commute these days sadly

#17 LAURENCEAUX

LAURENCEAUX

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 21 January 2024 - 09:12 pm

Yeah cammo might not go down well for some, but I've found practically everyone there friendly. "We" sound like tourists, look like tourists, behave like tourists and so are treated like tourists, with courtesy. As a Belfast taxi driver explained: "Leave history at home and bring ya money!".

Maximum numbers would be 2 (with Riggers on his TDM) or just myself ('cos he might be busy elsewhere) and any offer of digs is greatly appreciated, though not expected at all for my full stay.

You have local knowledge which is good and though the "party-animal" part of my life is ebbing at 67, I'll try my best with glee.

Can I put this conversation in my diary and get back to you closer to July when I usually start planning and booking? If you need to text me (Sid) in the future I'm on 07751253338.

Who said this site has lost track of it's reason to exist?

#18 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,676 posts

Posted 21 January 2024 - 09:18 pm

Yeah cammo might not go down well for some, but I've found practically everyone there friendly. "We" sound like tourists, look like tourists, behave like tourists and so are treated like tourists, with courtesy. As a Belfast taxi driver explained: "Leave history at home and bring ya money!".

Maximum numbers would be 2 (with Riggers on his TDM) or just myself ('cos he might be busy elsewhere) and any offer of digs is greatly appreciated, though not expected at all for my full stay.

You have local knowledge which is good and though the "party-animal" part of my life is ebbing at 67, I'll try my best with glee.

Can I put this conversation in my diary and get back to you closer to July when I usually start planning and booking? If you need to text me (Sid) in the future I'm on 07751253338.

Who said this site has lost track of it's reason to exist?

Yes Sid keep it in mind.

My work year depends on if any customers I have buy new machines this year, and when they want to install them (it takes 5 weeks to build one up). I can't even book any trip with my wife yet but as the year moves on I'll get a better picture.

I could probably meet you before the date if we go ahead, as I visit my mum in Beverley quite a few times a year.

Chris

#19 LAURENCEAUX

LAURENCEAUX

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 21 January 2024 - 09:34 pm

Yes Sid keep it in mind.

My work year depends on if any customers I have buy new machines this year, and when they want to install them (it takes 5 weeks to build one up). I can't even book any trip with my wife yet but as the year moves on I'll get a better picture.

I could probably meet you before the date if we go ahead, as I visit my mum in Beverley quite a few times a year.

Chris

Beverley! We are just down the road. Call when down if u like.

#20 ramo

ramo

has been here 4ever

• 1,179 posts

Posted 21 January 2024 - 10:51 pm

Yoo hoo...still here and still riding the tdm I've had since 2006. In fact, just been prepping for MOT next week or so. Trip to Germany planned for May, so she'll be getting a once over between now and then. Must admit tho'....purchase of motorhome has reduced my weekend play time quite considerably!!Maybe we're just all getting a bit older along with our machinery!!

Pete, I've Just booked ferry to Rotterdam for a week in Germany in May,

ferry outward on the 11th, I'll keep an eye for ya  :rotflmmfao:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users