Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:57 pm

Lubbly boike Wilky.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#922 Wilky

Wilky

arrived on last train

• 3 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:10 am

QUOTE(Trotski @ Fri 27th Jan 2012, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Bill, welcome, nice looking bike, what Tires are those. do you have any issues with mud getting trapped under the front fender? They look like a tight fit.

Thanks,

The front is a Kenda 761 listed as a dual sport rear. I put it on backwards.

The rear is a Shinko 705. Haven't been in enough mud to pack the fenders and will try not to. I do hear the occasional rock picked up by the tire and flung into the fender.

I wish the fender was about two inches higher but that looks like a difficult challenge the way it is molded.

They match the specified size and I do not remember how much clearance there was before.

Cheers,

Bill

#923 OldGit

OldGit

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 133 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:14 pm

Hi everyone
Nick in NW Kent in the UK, just joined, just bought an 02 Yellow 900. Heated grips, exhaust change, service and a tidy up all on the agenda in the next week or two, top box, HIDs Stebel horn and taller screen on the list as well.

Last few bikes have been - Pan European (too dull) Tiger 1050 (great bike but lack of work meant I had to sell) Varadero (too big and heavy) XLV1000 (V-Strom a-like) (good bike but crap build quality) and R1150GS (wish I could have kept it but I refused to wear camo jacket and motox helmet so was ostracised from GS club rolleyes.gif )

won't bore you with earlier history.

Still can't find a job so the TDM will be a leisure tool for the time being. So far have ridden it home 50 miles from the dealers - it's been too cold to even work on it. Well until today - pipes turned up so I gritted my teeth and fitted them today. Just uploading the videos, will start a thread on them elsewhere.

Thanks to Dappers for sorting my login,

Cheers

Nick

Edited by OldGit, 03 February 2012 - 03:14 pm.

Alright Brain, you don't like me, and I don't like you. But lets just do this, and I can get back to killing you with beer.

#924 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:17 pm

Glad ya made it aboard. Enjoy the new boike and welcome to Carpe. smile.gif

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#925 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:43 pm

welcome.gif to da club Nick !

Paddy and Ivan will love you already biggrin.gif

Lotsa friendly and knowledgeable peeps on here !

Oh, and we loike cake cake eating.gif and piccys !

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#926 paddy900

paddy900

roondaboot

• 1,246 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:41 pm

welcome.gif Nick,

Hope you enjoy the bike clapping.gif

Also thats the BEST colour yahoo.gif yahoo.gif yahoo.gif
2003 TDM900 in Yellow....Best Colour, Fender extender, Oxford Heated Grips, Givi luggage, Mirror extenders, GS1150 Handguards, Matching seat cover, Belly Pan, R&G crash bungs, Touring screen, Meta alarm, K&N Air Filter,
Centre Stand, Scottoiler,Carbon Cans......really loud, Stainless steel Rad Guard, 12v Accessory socket,

Join us on Facebook

#927 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 3,913 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:43 pm

Excellent, another yellow one in the fold. Welcome Nick.

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#928 Matrix

Matrix

arrived on last train

• 3 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:32 pm

Hello newbie here my real name is Mike and I am in the process of looking for a new bike and got pointed in this direction by daveb on welshbikers.co.uk.

A little bit daft .....

#929 trevini

trevini

has been here 4ever

• 1,770 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:03 pm

Hello, good evening and welcome.

It's a bit of a madhouse here, but it's the best place to be for anything TDM. There are a few bikes for sale on here if you haven't seen them already.

Trev

2004 Galaxy Blue. Owned since 486 miles.Renthal 755 bars, Bagster tank cover, Oxford heated grips, DL650 hand guards, Double Bubble screen, Scorpion Rad guard, Gel pad insert, HLD undertray, Angry Badger tailtidy,  Michelin Road 5s, Givi E21s, E46 topbox, Ohlins shock and YSS cartridge emulators   Currently not fitted - PC3, Remus Revolutions.

LCErj.jpg

Putting up with the "niner" jokes since 2005
Check out http://www.hotcoldground.co.uk we're really rather good!
Like food? I feed people -  SmokinGrillGuy <p>

#930 Daveb

Daveb

has been here 4ever

• 1,907 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:09 pm

QUOTE(Matrix @ Thu 1st Mar 2012, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello newbie here my real name is Mike and I am in the process of looking for a new bike and got pointed in this direction by daveb on welshbikers.co.uk.

shw mae Mike,

1999 TDM850 MKII Black, Silver (Sold)
2007 Triumph Tiger 955i

#931 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:57 pm

QUOTE(Daveb @ Thu 1st Mar 2012, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
shw mae Mike,

wifgeni.gif

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#932 spongocoel

spongocoel

sticking around

• 20 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:43 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm getting back into riding after a ten year hiatus. Last week I bought a used and abused 1993 TDM 850 from an acquaintance who was going to leave the poor dear in an impound lot here in Austin, Texas. It's going to take a bit of work to get her running well, and I'm hoping to get some help and advice from you folks along the way.

Thanks in advance,
Scott

#933 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:54 pm

Welcome to Carpe and enjoy the boike. I am sure you can fix it.

#934 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:26 pm

welcome.gif to da club Scott !

I'm just wondering if you bought Kiko's bike ? http://www.carpe-tdm...o...01&hl=texas

#935 spongocoel

spongocoel

sticking around

• 20 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:14 pm

QUOTE(Studley Ramrod @ Fri 16th Mar 2012, 09:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
welcome.gif to da club Scott !

I'm just wondering if you bought Kiko's bike ?

Thanks Studley! No, not Kiko's bike. But hopefully one day this one will look that good.

#936 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:52 pm

Welcome spongocoel hope you enjoy your time here welcome.gif

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#937 debs

debs

arrived on last train

• 2 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:27 am

Good afternoon one and all smile.gif

Not sure if this is still the right place to say hello but here goes -

I am an ex-pat living in Perth, WA and got my bike license whilst having a mid-life crisis back in good ol'blighty in 2002.

After a BMW moment followed by a Fazer moment, I bought my beautiful TDM in 2008.

My partner and I have just returned from a trip from Phillip Island, in Victoria, back to Perth - 4079 ks and it was brilliant, although my partners Honda CBR was traded in for a Triumph Tiger as soon as we got back smile.gif

Two quick questions - what tyres would you recommend for 80/20 road gravel riding, and what is the best screen to reduce wind buffering?

When I have worked out how to attach a pic, I will smile.gif

Cheers

Deb

#938 TheThigh

TheThigh

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:03 am

Hello, good evening and welcome Deb,

To the most well in formed and friendly forum in the universe!

Can't help you with tyre suggestion as I don't do much off road riding (except by accident) but I'm sure one of down under members will be along soon with excellent advice!

In the meantime enjoy the bike and welcome.gif

Edited by The Thigh, 17 March 2012 - 09:04 am.

Currently - 2008 Red 900 ABS - 19k - 12v Socket - K & N Air Filter - Power Commander III - Mirror Extenders - Hepco & Becker Junior Panniers and Top Box - Fuel Exhausts - Pilot Road 2 Tyres.

To Do List - HID Bi-Xenon Projectors - MRA Vario Screen.

Posted Image

#939 tomd

tomd

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 52 posts
  • TDM model: 1994

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:48 am

Hello again.
i've already said hello's elsewhere but thats wrong. so hi here.
total newb to fettling. can just about change plugs and filters. time to learn...

#940 Moose

Moose

Master Cake Baker

• 3,312 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:31 am

cake eating.gif welcome.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carpe-TDM.net - A place where everyone can have their cake and eat it!!!!!

TDM900/A 2007 Black, DL650 XTZ1200 Super Ten Handguards, Oxford Heated Grips, Double Bubble Screen, Fenda Extenda, Pipe Werx Oval Black SL Zorsts, R+G Crash Bungs, Mirror Extenders, Wilbers Rear Shock with Remote Hydraulic Preload, Wilbers Progressive Fork Springs, Scottoiler Touring Kit, Clear LED Rear Light Unit, Clear Indicators, PUIG Bellypan, V46 + 2 x E41 Keyless Luggage, Black Renthal 755 Medium Road Bars with Brace, 3 x 12v Accessory Socket, Beowolf Rad Guard.

TDM has moved on, i now own a Black 2009 Honda VFR 800 VTEC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Without cake, we are merely just people who ride bikes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users