has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 22 May 2011 - 07:53 am

QUOTE(Matt101 @ Sun 22nd May 2011, 07:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One calendar month to go! yahoo.gif yahoo.gif

4 weeks tomorrow I get the 1st ferry clapping.gif
Had a trial pack yesterday, managed to fit all the camping gear in the top box. (apart from all the things I forgot , obviously) unsure.gif
MotoGuzzi Norge 1200GT. for Euro touring
Triumph Street Triple. For those hooligan moments......
Beta Alp 200. For falling off In muddy bits.
I suffer from C.D.O. It's like O.C.D. but all the letters are in the correct order, just as they should be.

banner1.jpg

#243 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 8,276 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 22 May 2011 - 01:28 pm

QUOTE(Geordie Guy @ Sat 14th May 2011, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just bought the Michelin 544 and the 543, they seem to cover the routes OK.

Could not see one sidestand, but its a good fookin Idea.

I doubt I could miss them all but I will try. good.gif

I've got 543 from when we went a few years back, thinking of getting 544 as well. They're still nowhere near as good as the Lidl ones we borrowed off one of the Germans to plan our return trip though.

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#244 Matt101

Matt101

full o shoite

• 2,391 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 18 June 2011 - 04:18 pm

Just looking at 'Just In Case' Runs.

How about this Back-Up Run

Just in case we can't get on any of the arranged tours.

Matt

#245 paddy900

paddy900

roondaboot

• 1,246 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 18 June 2011 - 04:29 pm

Matt here's a link to the German forum and page dedicated to the meet, if you open it in Google chrome it will translate it for you.

They have listed all the towns on different routes, so we can make our own tours,

Lars did say they would have plenty of routes laid on every day so everyone got to see their beautiful country,

http://www.tdm-forum...board.php?id=45
2003 TDM900 in Yellow....Best Colour, Fender extender, Oxford Heated Grips, Givi luggage, Mirror extenders, GS1150 Handguards, Matching seat cover, Belly Pan, R&G crash bungs, Touring screen, Meta alarm, K&N Air Filter,
Centre Stand, Scottoiler,Carbon Cans......really loud, Stainless steel Rad Guard, 12v Accessory socket,

Join us on Facebook

#246 Lars

Lars

seems to like Carpe

• 73 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 18 June 2011 - 04:48 pm

QUOTE(paddy900 @ Sat 18th Jun 2011, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lars did say they would have plenty of routes laid on every day so everyone got to see their beautiful country,

Several tours have been posted and some are full already. But from my experience most tour groups form just the evening before. Plus I will arrange for "tour announcement forms" that we will put onto a blackboard somewhere visible in the Hotel.

Tours can be shared electronically as well. I am familiar mainly with Garmin formats, but I have some converter tools with me (hope they work). If you want to have a look: I like the 3 "Crazy Ivan" tours posted, though I suspect some of the little forest roads planned there to be banned for motorists.

Have a safe journey to Heubach, i am looking forward to seeing you soon!

#247 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,747 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 18 June 2011 - 07:13 pm

istupid.gif OOps wrong thread

Edited by dablik, 18 June 2011 - 07:30 pm.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#248 jht

jht

has been here 4ever

• 1,769 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 18 June 2011 - 07:38 pm

QUOTE(ChrisG @ Sun 22nd May 2011, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've got 543 from when we went a few years back, thinking of getting 544 as well. They're still nowhere near as good as the Lidl ones we borrowed off one of the Germans to plan our return trip though.

I'll be bringing my lidl ones
(i bought michelin one for my trip few years ago, and think they're are shite)

Done: Homo sap navigation/ twisty thing on bars to make it go vroom/ grabby thing to make it stop (in front of twisty thing)/ 'leccy things front and rear to make it glow at night/ Sucky + drippy oiler thing to keep chains moist (!!) / Laser Pro Stock Race pipes / bleeding ear drums (see previous mod)
To do: Educate homo sap nav system to operate twisty + grabby things/ get ear plugs

All Trashed Now... Pants... its a Cat B Mwahahaha it lives again!!

Remember every driver is a deaf myoptic twat who is out to kill you, ALWAYS assume they are going to do THE most f*cking DUMBASS, STUPID manouver possible, at the worst possible moment; get past, and get past quick

#249 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:05 am

Doesn't toughen them up like Lidl's, but you can get waterproofing spray for maps from good outdoor shops, or at a push use fabric proofing spray; even Scotchgard helps. It's all much the same silicon stuff.

Black Cherry Blossom is a nono, though.... tongue.gif

PS........Hallwag or Kummerly & Frey (now the one company) maps are quite good for general roadwork in Germany etc. Look out for them at service areas.

Edited by Pict, 19 June 2011 - 05:57 am.

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users