apw99

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 06 December 2010 - 10:25 pm

Thanks AliG - that helps!

Just wondering - how many TDMers will be there does anyone know?

How are the day-trips typically organized? Is it one route and everyone follows or are there a couple of options...like the 'Nutters Route' , 'Scenic Route' and 'Hangover Route'?
Just interested to see how they put the event together as I have not been to the continent on two wheels before..Cheers
APW

Have you ever lent someone 20 quid and never seen it again? It was probably worth it.

Long Loved TDM is no longer with me...

#22 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,444 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 06 December 2010 - 10:39 pm

QUOTE(apw99 @ Mon 6th Dec 2010, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks AliG - that helps!

Just wondering - how many TDMers will be there does anyone know?

How are the day-trips typically organized? Is it one route and everyone follows or are there a couple of options...like the 'Nutters Route' , 'Scenic Route' and 'Hangover Route'?
Just interested to see how they put the event together as I have not been to the continent on two wheels before..Cheers
APW

Just started reading a bit and it said that no=one would be "forced" to ride beyond themselves. It suggested that there would be a selection of tours but the thread petered out. Will see what I can find and will report back.
I knew I should have kept my big mouth shut about my german.
Ali

2004 900 - Blue with lots of goodies

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#23 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 06 December 2010 - 10:47 pm

When we went a couple of years back they'd organised a load of routes and had smallish groups (7 in ours I think) with a run leader who was given a GPS route.

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#24 bigboat0

bigboat0

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 11:28 pm

Hi CHris, hopefully not following your GPS routes, remember Huntly - Portsoy ?

06 TDM 900 - gone but not forgotten.

Triumph Sprint ST1050

#25 paddy900

paddy900

roondaboot

• 1,246 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 11:52 pm

QUOTE(apw99 @ Mon 6th Dec 2010, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Alex,

Reading through the different threads on the German forum,

There will a max of 10 riders in each group. The novice rider will be in second place behind the leader.

They will put up a list of routes then each rider who wishes to go on a certian ride will put their name down for that ride.

As regards the T-Shirt they hope to have the template for it this Tues. good.gif
2003 TDM900 in Yellow....Best Colour, Fender extender, Oxford Heated Grips, Givi luggage, Mirror extenders, GS1150 Handguards, Matching seat cover, Belly Pan, R&G crash bungs, Touring screen, Meta alarm, K&N Air Filter,
Centre Stand, Scottoiler,Carbon Cans......really loud, Stainless steel Rad Guard, 12v Accessory socket,

Join us on Facebook

#26 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 06 December 2010 - 11:54 pm

QUOTE(bigboat0 @ Mon 6th Dec 2010, 11:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi CHris, hopefully not following your GPS routes, remember Huntly - Portsoy ?

rotflmmfao.gif rotflmmfao.gif

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#27 apw99

apw99

has been here 4ever

• 1,316 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 08:40 am

This sounds very organized altogether Paddy - thanks for the info. I lost patience with the site as that translator was making no sense.

No worries AliG on the German. I did german in school 3000 years ago or so....what chance had I of learning anything with a demented Christian Brother called 'Plum' lurking around the classroom! blink.gif

Have you ever lent someone 20 quid and never seen it again? It was probably worth it.

Long Loved TDM is no longer with me...

#28 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,444 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:13 am

QUOTE(apw99 @ Tue 7th Dec 2010, 08:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This sounds very organized altogether Paddy - thanks for the info. I lost patience with the site as that translator was making no sense.

No worries AliG on the German. I did german in school 3000 years ago or so....what chance had I of learning anything with a demented Christian Brother called 'Plum' lurking around the classroom! blink.gif

I'm not surprised the translator is struggling. There is a lot of slang on the posts, just like on ours and I have to guess some of the words too.

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#29 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 07 December 2010 - 01:13 pm

Just to say:
If anyone needs a bed/sofa in Berkshire for the way out or way back I will have one spare.
Some of you guys are doing serious mileage just to get to the Ferry.

Its only a small bed but if TonyDevil can get in it, should be ok for most. help.gif

I do a mean breakfast too. rolleyes.gif

cats

#30 paddy900

paddy900

roondaboot

• 1,246 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 01:26 pm

Thats great Martin.

But are you not going to Europe before us???
2003 TDM900 in Yellow....Best Colour, Fender extender, Oxford Heated Grips, Givi luggage, Mirror extenders, GS1150 Handguards, Matching seat cover, Belly Pan, R&G crash bungs, Touring screen, Meta alarm, K&N Air Filter,
Centre Stand, Scottoiler,Carbon Cans......really loud, Stainless steel Rad Guard, 12v Accessory socket,

Join us on Facebook

#31 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 07 December 2010 - 01:37 pm

QUOTE(AliG @ Tue 7th Dec 2010, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not surprised the translator is struggling. There is a lot of slang on the posts, just like on ours and I have to guess some of the words too.

I have a vision of some poor German trying to make sense of Google Translations of Dapleb and Wicky's posts biggrin.gif

Hopefully JHT will be able to make this trip, his Mum's German so I assume he's got a reasonable grasp of the language. I'm determined to have a go at some of the German language CDs I've got before this trip, it was a bit embarrasing when we went to the MegaTreff a few years back with hardly a word of German between us.

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#32 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 07 December 2010 - 02:00 pm

QUOTE(paddy900 @ Tue 7th Dec 2010, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats great Martin.

But are you not going to Europe before us???

I don't know. Saga and Tony are my Managers so I just follow their lead

Bit of a Woose really

Saga? Come on

#33 Saga Lout

Saga Lout

has been here 4ever

• 1,044 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:10 pm

QUOTE(CatsBum @ Tue 7th Dec 2010, 02:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know. Saga and Tony are my Managers so I just follow their lead

Bit of a Woose really

Saga? Come on

Sorry i haven't been in all day and just posting via mobile phone, will sort things out tomorrow evening ... be patient dear boy!
Now on 9er number 2 .....

#34 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:28 pm

QUOTE(ChrisG @ Tue 7th Dec 2010, 01:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a vision of some poor German trying to make sense of Google Translations of Dapleb and Wicky's posts biggrin.gif

Hopefully JHT will be able to make this trip, his Mum's German so I assume he's got a reasonable grasp of the language. I'm determined to have a go at some of the German language CDs I've got before this trip, it was a bit embarrasing when we went to the MegaTreff a few years back with hardly a word of German between us.

Y'mean like this pile o' shite from the Kent cuntryside in another thread???

Interesting to know whats available. Was thinking of doing a batch of ceramic coated 8fiddy lioners a few years back as I found a place that would do me a deal on a batch of sea-wamic coated bits but the cost was still quite high considering it was for the porpoise of solving 850 oil consumption....and it may or may not a worked.

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#35 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,444 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:04 pm

QUOTE(AliG @ Fri 3rd Dec 2010, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,
I am going for the same crossing (tunnel 14.20 on 22nd, returning 13.50 on 28th) and am also booked into the Chateau de Temps. Haven't booked the return stop yet. Meet at the Oakdene works for me.
Ali

I just got the phone call re overbooking at the Chateau de Temps so I'm homeless on the 22nd. Is anyone intending camping that night or does anyone want to share a room at the Formule1? There are a number of campsites listed in the Liege area and Formule1 charge EUR43 for a room with a double bed and a single bunk. I've used them before and theyr'e fine for a one night stopover.
Ali

#36 bigboat0

bigboat0

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:53 pm

QUOTE(AliG @ Wed 8th Dec 2010, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just got the phone call re overbooking at the Chateau de Temps so I'm homeless on the 22nd. Is anyone intending camping that night or does anyone want to share a room at the Formule1? There are a number of campsites listed in the Liege area and Formule1 charge EUR43 for a room with a double bed and a single bunk. I've used them before and theyr'e fine for a one night stopover.
Ali

Ali, if you want to split the costs - I`m booked in at this place http://www.booking.c...5d16865ad688567 (99 euro per night, free cancellation & onsite parking), its a twin bed room. on 22nd & 27th.

I am also thinking of taking the camping gear if the weather is looking favourable, so can easily cancel this booking if the sun comes out?
06 TDM 900 - gone but not forgotten.

Triumph Sprint ST1050

#37 trevini

trevini

has been here 4ever

• 1,770 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:32 pm

QUOTE(AliG @ Wed 8th Dec 2010, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ali

Funnily enough, I got a call today too. Me and Moose did have separate rooms booked (over a week ago), but now we're sharing. I'm thinking the owner is getting a little greedy having just had a lot of interest, especially as he was mentioning it still being 45 euro each for the now shared room. I'm sure it wasn't that much for a twin room when I booked.

Who is actually booked in there and has a confiirmed booking apart from me and Moose?

2004 Galaxy Blue. Owned since 486 miles.Renthal 755 bars, Bagster tank cover, Oxford heated grips, DL650 hand guards, Double Bubble screen, Scorpion Rad guard, Gel pad insert, HLD undertray, Angry Badger tailtidy,  Michelin Road 5s, Givi E21s, E46 topbox, Ohlins shock and YSS cartridge emulators   Currently not fitted - PC3, Remus Revolutions.

LCErj.jpg

Putting up with the "niner" jokes since 2005
Check out http://www.hotcoldground.co.uk we're really rather good!
Like food? I feed people -  SmokinGrillGuy <p>

#38 paddy900

paddy900

roondaboot

• 1,246 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:50 pm

I'm also booked there,

I got an email to confirm a double room

Join us on Facebook

#39 Saga Lout

Saga Lout

has been here 4ever

• 1,044 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:03 pm

QUOTE(trevini @ Wed 8th Dec 2010, 06:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Funnily enough, I got a call today too. Me and Moose did have separate rooms booked (over a week ago), but now we're sharing. I'm thinking the owner is getting a little greedy having just had a lot of interest, especially as he was mentioning it still being 45 euro each for the now shared room. I'm sure it wasn't that much for a twin room when I booked.

Who is actually booked in there and has a confiirmed booking apart from me and Moose?

Trev, look on the bright side, at least it helps to keep the myth of 900 owners alive and may even make the 850 mob jealous yeahbaby.gif
Now on 9er number 2 .....

#40 trevini

trevini

has been here 4ever

• 1,770 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:47 pm

QUOTE(paddy900 @ Wed 8th Dec 2010, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm also booked there,

I got an email to confirm a double room

I got an email a week ago confirming the booking and now it's changed! Still waiting for the confirmation email for the change from booking.com.

2004 Galaxy Blue. Owned since 486 miles.Renthal 755 bars, Bagster tank cover, Oxford heated grips, DL650 hand guards, Double Bubble screen, Scorpion Rad guard, Gel pad insert, HLD undertray, Angry Badger tailtidy,  Michelin Road 5s, Givi E21s, E46 topbox, Ohlins shock and YSS cartridge emulators   Currently not fitted - PC3, Remus Revolutions.

LCErj.jpg

Putting up with the "niner" jokes since 2005
Check out http://www.hotcoldground.co.uk we're really rather good!
Like food? I feed people -  SmokinGrillGuy <p>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users