Photo
- - - - -

Sold: Wretched 2001 Tdm850, Bristol, £500 Or Any Offers (Update 30/08: More Pictures!)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 deeso

deeso

arrived on last train

• 2 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 27 August 2016 - 11:37 am

UPDATE 30/08: More pictures added.  Please let me know if you want pictures of anything in particular or larger versions of existing pics

Bike is currently not running and chained to the railings by Bristol harbour after breaking down yesterday.  I am extremely reluctant to spend any more money on it and thought it may be useful to someone here, if only for parts.

It does have MOT until Feb 2017, but it will not start and will have to be removed somehow.  I suspect the issue is electrical in nature as shortly before it broke down all of the instruments start flicking off and on.  Might be fixable for anyone inclined, but unfortunately that does not include me.

I bought it when I was living in London about a year and a half ago as a cheap commuter, and it served very well at that but did add to its already sizeable collection of scratches and scrapes.  Shortly after I bought it, it was reversed into by a bin lorry and to its credit didn't look much different after.

It is a European (possibly Dutch) bike so the instruments are in km and there is a bit of tape covering part of the main beam - they seem to work pretty well though so a PO may have upgraded them.

Since I bought it I've had engine bars and a centre stand added, and the exhaust and manifold disintegrated so it was replaced with one of these: http://www.ebay.co.u...TUAAOSwbYZXYwEIwhich works well enough.  It had new tyres ~ 1500 miles ago and there's still plenty of tread on them, but it has been doing almost entirely motorway miles which has squared them off a little.  It also has a Kappa Wingrack fitted, but no topbox or panniers.  One of the rear indicator lenses is a bit broken, but the light still works.

The engine has been well used and sounds it, but it still has a decent amount of power. However, mpg seems a bit on the low side (full tank lasts about 150 miles) so there may be more wrong under the surface.  I can't remember the current mileage offhand as I stormed off last night in annoyance, but I think it's around 45,000km.

About a month ago somebody started an attempt to steal it before coming to their senses, but did manage to make a nice mess of the wiring near the ignition.  This is currently held together with terminal block and electrical tape.

I live in Dursley (about 25 miles away) and currently have no other transport so I am at the whims of the train services, but feel free to have a look at it if you're in the area.  it is approximately here: https://www.google.c...507!4d-2.597456

I'm afraid I don't have any better pictures at the moment, but hopefully you can see enough of it behind the Triumph, which was successfully stolen a couple of weeks ago.  I have had a really awful couple of months and honestly just want the TDM gone now, so make me any offer and I'll probably accept it.

Attached Files

Edited by deeso, 31 August 2016 - 05:36 pm.

#2 midiman1962

midiman1962

really likes Carpe

• 81 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 27 August 2016 - 01:18 pm

Sorry to hear your story but good luck with the sale . There's a lot of decent people on this forum so you might get lucky in one way or another . I do hope so !

#3 deeso

deeso

arrived on last train

• 2 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 28 August 2016 - 09:55 am

Thanks midiman, I hope somebody will take it up.  For all my hyperbole, it has been a great bike for the most part and I've had a lot of fun with it.  I'll get a few more pics and details up on Monday.

#4 Gowza

Gowza

really likes Carpe

• 88 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 28 August 2016 - 11:48 am

Blimey deeso, that's a rotten few weeks. At least you weren't on the bike when the bin lorry reversed into it...hope things pick up soon mate. 

"To do is to be." - Socrates.
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant.
"Do be do be do" – Frank Sinatra

#5 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 28 August 2016 - 02:57 pm

Ohhhhh Deeso,  that sounds horrible indeed.  Sounds like yew've had enuf of it so check yer private messages.   good luck, Wicky.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users