Photo
- - - - -

Yamaha Tdm 850(4Tx) For Sale, Black 1999.

4TX

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 pabroon74

pabroon74

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 57 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 27 August 2016 - 02:39 pm

Hi folks.

I have for sale my old TDM as described above. Selling this as a project, its an MOT'd bike with full Givi luggage but comes with a fault. There is also about half of another TDM - both 4TX's.

The main bike was my second TDM, its a T reg on 74k miles, its all present and MOT'd till Jan 17. Unfortunately the top end has gone, I think it's thrown a valve or something. Soon as it went I stopped the engine to limit any further damage. Here's the complicated-to-explain bit. The engine on the T reg bike came off my old P reg TDM, its only done 40k (I still have the clocks from the older bike which along with everything else I have is included for sale.)

Now, the original T reg engine - the bottom end went, I think one of the cylinder links to the crank came away (it made a splendid noise...) The top end is fine so could be swapped over.

The T reg bike has brand new tires (only done about 300 miles), and has no advisories on the MOT. The battery is new and its been serviced (for what its worth.)

You'll also get:

Yellow plastics, the tail and nose cone included (but not the wee side bits.)

seat

clocks

headlight unit

wiring loom

rear lights

assorted relays and electrical stuff

front wheel

front breaking

spare monoshock

replacement ignition barrel

plus much more - you'll need a van.

What isn't there is frame and swing arm, rear wheel, ignition coils (they're already on the T reg bike.) Forks and yokes are there but I think they're bent.

Story is: The P reg yellow bike was my first, but it was stolen recovered. I was going to put it back on the road but with the bent forks...It was too much to do. So I bought the T reg black bike and used the old one as a donor bike. I swapped some new bits over (the yellow bike had been stored for a while, I'd just put it back on the road when it was stolen.)

The T reg black bike is in good nick bar the top end problem, has full luggage and many new parts. It has an embarrassingly loud aftermarket exhaust and was running well.

£400 for the lot. But you'll need a van, I haven't ran the black bike (although it does start) because I don't want to make it any worse.

Also have a KTM, which last night was nearly stolen but for the immobiliser kicking in, need to replace the ignition barrel and flog. Fed up worrying about bikes being stolen, so I'm selling up.

Ask any questions but please don't ask for specific parts, I haven't got time to dig things out or go searching. If you need more photos, let me know.

In East Lothian.

Attached File  IMG_20160815_134026.jpg   208.07KB   5 downloads

Attached File  IMG_20160815_134017.jpg   149.08KB   3 downloads

Attached File  IMG_20160815_134031.jpg   81.88KB   3 downloads

Attached File  IMG_20160815_134113.jpg   169.95KB   6 downloads

Attached File  IMG_20160815_134123.jpg   148.83KB   3 downloads

Attached File  IMG_20160815_134139.jpg   92.19KB   3 downloads

#2 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 27 August 2016 - 03:32 pm

That's a lot of bits for the money. Could be a free bike for someone after selling parts off and making a good un. Wish I was closer......good luck with the sale fella.
Lock onto my co-ordinates and beam me up !!

04 900 - 92 mk 1 - r 1150 rs - Z550 A1 - 2x bonnies - plastic slug -XL185 - ...not in that order !! (and one or two i don't want / dare to own up to !!)

#3 TYREDNGRUMPEE

TYREDNGRUMPEE

has been here 4ever

• 1,627 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 27 August 2016 - 07:12 pm

That's a lot of bits for the money. Could be a free bike for someone after selling parts off and making a good un. Wish I was closer......good luck with the sale fella.

Or two gearboxes for practically nowt.

#4 pabroon74

pabroon74

• 57 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 12:02 am

I should say (reading the ad back) the KTM isn't included in the sale... I'll be selling that separately...

;-)

#5 James

James

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 05:48 pm

What's the KTM?

84 Honda XL600R  :)

04 TDM900  :good:

21 KTM 790 Adventure  ;)

#6 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,671 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 29 August 2016 - 09:22 am

A hole in my pocket where the moneys burning through........And i've got a couple of weeks off soon......if i can get a van sorted on the cheap I might be in touch

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#7 pabroon74

pabroon74

• 57 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 02:28 pm

Hello.

KTM is an 05 950 Adventure. Need to get the damage fixed, (usual ignition barrel and tank caps/seat locks replaced...)

If you can arrange a van then fair do's. The spares alone would be worth the £400 if you can be bothered selling. The bike is just sitting there and realistically speaking - I'm not going to get around to fixing it this time round. It would be a shame for it to go to waste, its got plenty life left in it.

Ta.

**Edit. I see you're in West Lothian, I might be able to arrange delivery for a wee bit extra... Let me know if that helps... /Edit**

Edited by pabroon74, 29 August 2016 - 02:30 pm.

#8 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,671 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 03:48 pm

The hole is now massive if you can deliver it economically.

Ill pm you ☺

#9 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,671 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 10:24 am

Update - I'm purchasing this bike, collecting tomorrow...... Love the geometry of the mk1 (more fun to ride than the 900 on backroads) , and like the 270 degree engine of the 900.... This mk2 will be the best of both worlds for me :)

#10 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,671 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 10:09 pm

Picked up today...a bit overwhelmed by the amount of 'other stuff' but space in the garage has been found. I really do appreciate it Paul, I'll keep you posted on progress

#11 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• 1,791 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 07 September 2016 - 07:24 am

(sig) Need to part with my mk1 or 900.....

Is that so ?  :rotflmmfao:

Bjørge

#12 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,671 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 03:48 pm

Is that so ?  :rotflmmfao:

I know, I know...but it's not costing any bread to keep them......could do with the space however.....

#13 pabroon74

pabroon74

• 57 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 10:07 am

Picked up today...a bit overwhelmed by the amount of 'other stuff' but space in the garage has been found. I really do appreciate it Paul, I'll keep you posted on progress

There was quite a lot of stuff, hopefully you can find a use for it all or sell and pass it on.

And hopefully the bike will last you well.

It was a pleasure doing business with you and I'm glad the bike is going where it'll be appreciate for the modern classic it is ( ;)  ).

Thanks again.

#14 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 10:23 am

Good project fixit - the Mk2 is nice - you'll get used to the low and clunky first gear compared to the 900 - unless you find a broken TRX somewhere  ;)

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#15 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,671 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 02:17 pm

There was quite a lot of stuff, hopefully you can find a use for it all or sell and pass it on.

And hopefully the bike will last you well.

It was a pleasure doing business with you and I'm glad the bike is going where it'll be appreciate for the modern classic it is ( ;)  ).

Thanks again.

Thanks again

And any time  you want to try my 900 just give me nudge and it's yours to take for a spin

EDITED !

Edited by fixitsan, 09 September 2016 - 12:09 pm.

#16 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 08 September 2016 - 03:35 pm

Oooh errr missus.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#17 James

James

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 05:21 pm

Hello.

KTM is an 05 950 Adventure. Need to get the damage fixed, (usual ignition barrel and tank caps/seat locks replaced...)

If you can arrange a van then fair do's. The spares alone would be worth the £400 if you can be bothered selling. The bike is just sitting there and realistically speaking - I'm not going to get around to fixing it this time round. It would be a shame for it to go to waste, its got plenty life left in it.

Ta.

**Edit. I see you're in West Lothian, I might be able to arrange delivery for a wee bit extra... Let me know if that helps... /Edit**

Ooo, a carby 950, love 'em to bits. And are you selling that too? Do you have a price in mind? PM me if you do...

Edited by Jim, 11 September 2016 - 05:21 pm.

21 KTM 790 Adventure  ;)

#18 pabroon74

pabroon74

• 57 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 08:56 am

Ooo, a carby 950, love 'em to bits. And are you selling that too? Do you have a price in mind? PM me if you do...

I'll let you know.

Still have finance on it, I could pay it off but I'm now swithering... I had it apart last night and it turns out that someones tried to take it before - there were no tamper proof bolts fitted to the ignition barrel, just ordinary allen bolts. That said, it made the job really easy to do, typically, the most complicated bit was the lower fairing bolts which were partially masked by the engine bars - which in turn - do not come off then go back on very easily at all.

I didn't even have to remove the top yolk...

Big f*** off disk lock alarm thing on it today...

#19 James

James

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 06:26 pm

I'll let you know.

Still have finance on it, I could pay it off but I'm now swithering... I had it apart last night and it turns out that someones tried to take it before - there were no tamper proof bolts fitted to the ignition barrel, just ordinary allen bolts. That said, it made the job really easy to do, typically, the most complicated bit was the lower fairing bolts which were partially masked by the engine bars - which in turn - do not come off then go back on very easily at all.

I didn't even have to remove the top yolk...

Big f*** off disk lock alarm thing on it today...

Can't say I blame you for having second thoughts. They're the best of the big KTM Adventure breed and a decent tool off road too. You will regret it if you get rid, so hang on to it and keep it secure and out of the sight when you're not riding it. A mate had one that I rode quite a bit on and off road and I've had a hankering for one ever since - particularly one in black with the outline orange decals.

29637644675_8619fd27d7_c.jpg

Pic from http://moto.zombdrive.com

Just tell me that yours is orange or silver/blue and I'll let you off! ;)

Actually, finding that pic has given me an idea for my 850 respray if it doesn't sell :badgerrock:

Edited by Jim, 12 September 2016 - 06:32 pm.

21 KTM 790 Adventure  ;)

#20 pabroon74

pabroon74

• 57 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 09:30 am

Can't say I blame you for having second thoughts. They're the best of the big KTM Adventure breed and a decent tool off road too. You will regret it if you get rid, so hang on to it and keep it secure and out of the sight when you're not riding it. A mate had one that I rode quite a bit on and off road and I've had a hankering for one ever since - particularly one in black with the outline orange decals.

29637644675_8619fd27d7_c.jpg

Pic from http://moto.zombdrive.com

Just tell me that yours is orange or silver/blue and I'll let you off! ;)

Actually, finding that pic has given me an idea for my 850 respray if it doesn't sell :badgerrock:

Its orange.

:sorry:

(But its pearlescent, or some fancy thing...) 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 4TX

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users