Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 21 November 2006 - 10:26 pm

can anyone do me a big favour ?

i need a scan of the origonal yam recall letter, as my arsehole local dealer wants me to give him the details off the letter over the phone before he will book my bike in for the mod.

so i need to know the format yam have utilised on the frame number bit of the letter.

now i am not asking anyone for their frame number just the format they use in the letter ie 000012333320-203330330.

your help would be much appreciated in this matter as i am not the origonal owner i wont get the letter.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#62 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 21 November 2006 - 10:32 pm

QUOTE(amarko5 @ Wed 22nd Nov 2006, 12:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i need a scan of the origonal yam recall letter, as my arsehole local dealer wants me to give him the details off the letter over the phone before he will book my bike in for the mod.

so i need to know the format yam have utilised on the frame number bit of the letter.

now i am not asking anyone for their frame number just the format they use in the letter ie 000012333320-203330330.

your help would be much appreciated in this matter as i am not the origonal owner i wont get the letter.

aye up. can't help with scan but the format on mine is -: RN FOLLOWED BY TEN NUMBERS. STARTING O84.
HOPE THIS HELPS. Sorry....not shouting!!.
Lock onto my co-ordinates and beam me up !!

04 900 - 92 mk 1 - r 1150 rs - Z550 A1 - 2x bonnies - plastic slug -XL185 - ...not in that order !! (and one or two i don't want / dare to own up to !!)

#63 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 10:38 pm

QUOTE(techno virgin @ Tue 21st Nov 2006, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
aye up. can't help with scan but the format on mine is -: RN FOLLOWED BY TEN NUMBERS. STARTING O84.
HOPE THIS HELPS. Sorry....not shouting!!.

cheers for that will go hunting my v5 and see if that coressponds to any number on there rolleyes.gif

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#64 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• 1,741 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 10:45 pm

QUOTE(amarko5 @ Wed 22nd Nov 2006, 12:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
cheers for that will go hunting my v5 and see if that coressponds to any number on there rolleyes.gif

Just an after thought on a previous thread....went to dealer to ask about doing recall and told mech that i'd done airbox mod. he said he'd never heard of it and that it may only be relevent if he has to play with mix / balance settings.....but that he'd "remod" it when done !! in other words....not arsed !! good luck.
Lock onto my co-ordinates and beam me up !!

04 900 - 92 mk 1 - r 1150 rs - Z550 A1 - 2x bonnies - plastic slug -XL185 - ...not in that order !! (and one or two i don't want / dare to own up to !!)

#65 Dylan

Dylan

really likes Carpe

• 94 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 21 November 2006 - 10:55 pm

QUOTE(amarko5 @ Tue 21st Nov 2006, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Never received a letter from Yamaha, so I phoned my local dealer all he asked me for was the bikes Reg & frame No then he checked it on the computer. Ordered the part and rang me when it arrived. No probs

#66 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 10:57 pm

QUOTE(Dylan @ Tue 21st Nov 2006, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Never received a letter from Yamaha, so I phoned my local dealer all he asked me for was the bikes Reg & frame No then he checked it on the computer. Ordered the part and rang me when it arrived. No probs

this dealer is known locally as a bit of an arse, so it would seem not all dealers are equal huh.gif

#67 TDMalcolm

TDMalcolm

really likes Carpe

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 12:31 pm

QUOTE(amarko5 @ Tue 21st Nov 2006, 10:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this dealer is known locally as a bit of an arse, so it would seem not all dealers are equal huh.gif

Hi, Just hade my machine in my local yam dealer all sorted very helpfull even a loan bike if required!
should be ok now, road tested ok...it was duin some nasty things b4 like exhuast headers glowing "brite red"after a couple of mins from cold unsure.gif an idle speed too high an all sorts of weird behavier!!! let you know how I get on In reply to above your wright not all dealers are equal wink.gif
TDMalcolm
PS spoke to a black tdm owner...now knows about this brill forum good.gif

#68 Mitch

Mitch

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 02:12 pm

QUOTE(TDMalcolm @ Wed 22nd Nov 2006, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it was duin some nasty things b4 like exhuast headers glowing "brite red"after a couple of mins from cold

I find this is normal if you are not moving. It's the airflow that keeps the red glow at bay.

Honda SS50

Honda CG125

Honda 250 Super Drean

Honda 751F1

Honda CX500

Kawasaki Z750E

TDM 900

PRP exhaust, Scottoiler touring, Yamaha Heated grips, Givi top box & panniers, Garmin, MRA Vario screen, fenda extenda, BMW hand guards. Nippy Normans bar risers. 'Nitram Special' parking light. Starcom. Hagon progressive fork springs. Hagon Monoshock with Remote Adjuster. SW-Motech mirror extenders.GIVI Engine Protectors.

BMW K1200LT (2000)

Nothing to add, has it all. :)

Kawasaki Z750E (1981)

In bits. :huh:

#69 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 22 November 2006 - 08:38 pm

QUOTE(TDMalcolm @ Wed 22nd Nov 2006, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, Just hade my machine in my local yam dealer all sorted very helpfull even a loan bike if required!
should be ok now, road tested ok...it was duin some nasty things b4 like exhuast headers glowing "brite red"after a couple of mins from cold unsure.gif an idle speed too high an all sorts of weird behavier!!! let you know how I get on In reply to above your wright not all dealers are equal wink.gif
TDMalcolm
PS spoke to a black tdm owner...now knows about this brill forum good.gif

wasn't Sir trevor McDonald was it ???

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#70 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 22 November 2006 - 09:01 pm

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Wed 22nd Nov 2006, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/color]
wasn't Sir trevor McDonald was it ???

Tsk, tsk - stitch up yer balaclava in shame! rolleyes.gif wink.gif

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#71 Guest_Wibble_*

Guest_Wibble_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2006 - 10:14 pm

Hi folks, another newcomer to the site (found it via the MCN site) - my 04 TDM has been recalled (not ABS). The only problem I have noticed (apart from the usual low speed glitch) is a tendancy for the engine to stop If I brake hard to a complete stop, but it's only happened three or four times in 13000 miles.

#72 Dave284

Dave284

sticking around

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 22 November 2006 - 11:24 pm

I believe that fault is what the recall should fix.
2005 TDM900 silver. Learning from the David Coulthard book of racing excuses.

#73 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 23 November 2006 - 01:06 am

QUOTE(Wibble @ Wed 22nd Nov 2006, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi folks, another newcomer to the site (found it via the MCN site) - my 04 TDM has been recalled (not ABS). The only problem I have noticed (apart from the usual low speed glitch) is a tendancy for the engine to stop If I brake hard to a complete stop, but it's only happened three or four times in 13000 miles.

Welcome to the secret society of airbox flap disablers! good.gif drinks.gif

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#74 Doc

Doc

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 01:19 pm

QUOTE(amarko5 @ Wed 22nd Nov 2006, 12:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You could still register with Yamaha. There's a form at the back of the service booklet with an address. I didn't realise 'til someone mentioned it on here. I sent in the form and it only took a week for my recall letter to arrive.

#75 TDMalcolm

TDMalcolm

really likes Carpe

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 01:27 pm

QUOTE(avonne @ Wed 22nd Nov 2006, 01:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I find this is normal if you are not moving. It's the airflow that keeps the red glow at bay.

Hi Avonne, It didn't do it for the dealer and that was the only time i've seen the pipes glow huh.gif
any ways run a treet last night on way home through some pretty foul weather....heh wikky the bike was black! I didn't no that mr mc donald could ride a bike? rotflmmfao.gif
TDMalcolm
ps he's never heard of secret air box mod either...what a surprise wink.gif

#76 Mitch

Mitch

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 12:34 pm

TPS changed today, took about an hour.

Honda SS50

Honda CG125

Honda 250 Super Drean

Honda 751F1

Honda CX500

Kawasaki Z750E

TDM 900

PRP exhaust, Scottoiler touring, Yamaha Heated grips, Givi top box & panniers, Garmin, MRA Vario screen, fenda extenda, BMW hand guards. Nippy Normans bar risers. 'Nitram Special' parking light. Starcom. Hagon progressive fork springs. Hagon Monoshock with Remote Adjuster. SW-Motech mirror extenders.GIVI Engine Protectors.

BMW K1200LT (2000)

Nothing to add, has it all. :)

Kawasaki Z750E (1981)

In bits. :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users