#1 TeDeum

TeDeum

age(d) by almonds

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 07 January 2008 - 11:26 pm

There have had to be a few enforced changes for RTT08.

I was in contact with Jamie after the holiday and he explained to me that he and his business partner had divided up the division of the responsibilities so that Jamie will run the watersports business while his partner will run the accommodation. Regretably his partner does not want campers so we agreed that I should arrange something else. If you had tried to book with Jamie since this RTT thread started, for B&B or camping, it is no longer available.

So I thought about alternatives in the Maharees and after talking to various people was unable to find anything that would suit us in this area. However I have found an even better place for us in Castlegregory village which is just three miles up the road. This is a hostel owned by a friend and his wife and is attached to their pub. It can sleep 24 in a variety of rooms to fit from one to 6. Similar arrangements and standard to the place in Bellingham where the September G2G was held in that there is a communal kitchen, showers, off road parking, bed linen and towels are supplied and the cost is only 15 euro per bed per night (about st£11). There are many advantages to being in the village in that you will be in easy walking distance of the 6 pubs (Castlegregory has a population of 300 but only 6 pubs now since, regretably, the 3 others closed), a variety of places to eat in the evenings, a supermarket and a cafe that opens early to do breakfasts for surfers.

There are two options for B&B. Just down the road from the hostel and right on the beach is a B&B owned by another friend (I am not on commision!) which has wonderful views, is very modern and comfortable. A little closer to the hostel there is also another B&B which is a little more refined and is where I put up customers who come from overseas. The regular cost of B&B is 40 Euro per person per night but for RTT08 visitors the cost will be 35 Euro (about st£26) at either place.

Camping is a little more difficult. There is no serviced campsite in Castlegregory but if enough people were interested I would be able to arrange a field close by at a nominal cost.

It would be a big help if I had some idea of how many people want each type of accommodation. If we get enough people in the hostel we can have it to ourselves and probably get a reduction which would make it even better value. If the camping numbers are big enough I'll work on the field idea. B&B numbers will probably be smaller. Can you please post the type of accommodation you want in this thread?

Booking details. For the hostel the email contact is dorrenfitzgerald@hotmail.com>, tel +353 66 7139951, contact is Dorren. For the beach B&B telephone +353 66 7139907, contact is Marie Marie has an email address mariacfry@hotmail.com but it was not working when I talked to her yesterday so the phone may be the best option. The other B&B can be booked at caisleanti@unison.ie, contact is Shelia and phone is +353 66 7139183. In each case you should mention RTT08 or carpeTDM to get the deals I have arranged. As Castlegregory is a holiday area accommodation for the summer needs to be booked early - some of the places I talked to already had bookings.

I am sorry for the unexpected cock-up with the accommodation arrangements and the slight change in venue. Castlegregory village is probably a better all round choice as it has so many more options for entertainment and eating. The choices for great rideouts are still the same. Looking forward to getting lots of you here and introducing you to Kerry hospitality. If you have any queries you can pm me or post them in this thread and I will try to answer them.

Chris.

2001 TDM. 1990 Serow. 2004 DRZ400.  3 bikes, four cylinders. Who needs more?

Visit My Website

"Caelum non animum mutant qui trans mare current" Horace.

"A Pint of Plain is Your Only Man"

Founder of TSRMCMAS.

#2 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 08 January 2008 - 06:49 am

Campin for me peas. If I said hostel oid just get evicted for snorin. laugh.gif

If no one else wants to camp, oil find me a spot on the beach or zummat.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#3 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 08 January 2008 - 08:58 am

I'll be going for the hostel accommodation option - and they'll just have to put up with my snoring wink.gif Thanks for taking the time to sort this out Chris.

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#4 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 08 January 2008 - 09:43 am

3 for hostel please

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#5 stu

stu

full o shoite

• 2,060 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 08 January 2008 - 10:04 am

Hostel x 1. In the no fartin' no snorin' room.

Stu

#6 TeDeum

TeDeum

age(d) by almonds

• 1,736 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 10:35 am

QUOTE(stu @ Tue 8th Jan 2008, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hostel x 1. In the no fartin' no snorin' room.

You'll be lucky!

Book it now and at least you'll have a choice of the smaller rooms.

Edited by TeDeum, 08 January 2008 - 10:37 am.

Visit My Website

Founder of TSRMCMAS.

#7 Guest_Negwedar_*

Guest_Negwedar_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2008 - 12:07 pm

I, and probably my mate on his GSX 1400, would go for the hostel option. Notorious cheapskates, the pair of us.
I've booked the week off work.

I assume this is ok unsure.gif

There isn't some horrible initiation ritual or something?

#8 Spongey

Spongey

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 03:03 pm

Camping for me as I snore worse than Dappers! Even if I started in the Hostel I know I would be evicted in the middle of the night! Better off pitching a tent in daylight rather than as an emergency in the dark and probably pissed! Only problem with a field is loo/shower availabilty; I'm too old for digging holes during the night and I prefer not to stink too much!

#9 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 08 January 2008 - 06:08 pm

I'd be up for a small single room or share with a non snorer/farter. Better take a buttplug in case I had to share with a 900 bhoyo. huh.gif

If no wee room available then camping (oooh ducky) would be second choice - although snoring soon escapes from a tent sad.gif

How's best to get the above Chris? - and thanks for getting it sorted. Would the Kerry hospitality include throwing Jamie's partner into Dingle Bay to play with the dolphins? cool.gif

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#10 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 08 January 2008 - 07:51 pm

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Tue 8th Jan 2008, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
3 for hostel please

Am i included in this 3 or are you a groupie with others?

#11 TeDeum

TeDeum

age(d) by almonds

• 1,736 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 08:01 pm

There are a limited number of small rooms in the hostel so if anyone wants one they should get on to Dorren by email or phone and book it before somebody else does. As I mentioned there is no serviced campsite in Castlegregory but I will be able to arrange a field for camping close to the village where you can take your chances using the hedge as a toilet. No snakes here so you won't get your bum bitten by an adder. There might be 900 riders around though.

QUOTE(dandywarhol @ Tue 8th Jan 2008, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Would the Kerry hospitality include throwing Jamie's partner into Dingle Bay to play with the dolphins? sharks!:cool:

Dandy, you don't know the half of it.

Visit My Website

Founder of TSRMCMAS.

#12 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 08:08 pm

I've sent an email requesting a booking at the hostel. Mrs Matlock says I should be in a single room because of my snoring huh.gif . Sounds like there's a few of us like this, so perhaps we should have some sort of competition on the first night where the loudest snorer gets the single room/kicked out/smothered with a pillow?

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#13 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 08 January 2008 - 08:20 pm

Non snoring hostel for me.

Do we want to sort the snorers from the non snorers and try some kind of segregation? laugh.gif

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#14 TeDeum

TeDeum

age(d) by almonds

• 1,736 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 09:48 pm

Just like to add a couple of things that I thought of.

First the dates which were on the original post a couple of months ago but I didn't mention again since. RTT08 is from Saturday July 5th to Saturday July 12th.

Second, the Castlegregory area is fantastic for family holidays so if there are any wives, girlfriends and/or kids who maybe wouldn't want to be too involved in the whole bikey side of the event but might just like a break in a relaxing place with plenty to do this would be the ideal place to come to. Kerry Airport is about 40 minutes away and Ryanair fly there from Luton and Stansted and this might suit partners who don't fancy the long ride over.

Wikipedia tells you a bit about the area (just noticed that you can see our house in the picture of the harbour if you have a magnifying glass!) and the Castlegregory website has some more. If anybody wants any further info then pm me.

Visit My Website

Founder of TSRMCMAS.

#15 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 09:48 pm

Yep - here's the list from my experience over the last few G2Gs.....

Noisy bassads - Wicky, Dappers, Tam, Brian 256 (or whatever his number was - jeezus was he loud!), Tony , the Reverand's big ex WPC blondy (f'nar, f'nar) Hartside Man - (he chortles in his sleep when counting sheep laugh.gif ), Bondy........

Quiet kantz - Me, Nanook, JohnnyW, TeDium, Pict, the lanky Welsh nutter with the GS...............

Notice any common thread in the two groups......... rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#16 danceswithmopeds

danceswithmopeds

full o shoite

• 2,425 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 08 January 2008 - 09:51 pm

With all the snorers, is this an opportunity to seriously test ear-plugs?

#17 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 08 January 2008 - 10:02 pm

QUOTE(dandywarhol @ Tue 8th Jan 2008, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
kantz - Me,

I aggrozzzle.

"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#18 Guest_Emmett_*

Guest_Emmett_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2008 - 10:11 pm

I booked my bed in the hostel earlier today, I spoke to Maurice, and he was very helpful. The beds are going in a first come first serve basis, so if a couple of non-snorers are quick they could book a twin room. I have booked the only single room, but it has no window, and I do snore like a tractor, so I'd rather be alone. There are plenty of beds, but small rooms are limited so get in ther quickly like.

#19 MarkyMark

MarkyMark

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• 981 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 08:54 am

Camping for me.

Not because I am a cheepskate - but because I'm a rufty-tufty out-door type.

XT1200Z - Big and bouncy

GTR1400 - Chaufer the wife.
XT660Z - Fun and commute.
TDM900 - Yellow.

#20 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 09 January 2008 - 11:55 am

QUOTE(dandywarhol @ Tue 8th Jan 2008, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep - here's the list from my experience over the last few G2Gs.....

Noisy bassads - Wicky, Dappers, Tam, Brian 256 (or whatever his number was - jeezus was he loud!), Tony , the Reverand's big ex WPC blondy (f'nar, f'nar) Hartside Man - (he chortles in his sleep when counting sheep laugh.gif ), Bondy........

Quiet kantz - Me, Nanook, JohnnyW, TeDium, Pict, the lanky Welsh nutter with the GS...............Wrex

[color="#FF0000"]Notice any common thread in the two groups......... rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

I'm surprised she got any sleep atall atall...

Edited by wicklamulla, 09 January 2008 - 11:55 am.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users