23 replies to this topic

#1 sasha

sasha

arrived on last train

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 21 June 2006 - 01:48 am

adult owned and ridden, regular maintenance, Kerkers, K&N, jet kit, extras, 52K mi. Very clean bike! Just a light scuff on left gearbox cover and right exhaust... got too close to the ground/ some object at one point in it's life.
call me at 323-462-0633
Would like to sell fast ... make me an offer!
Sasha

Attached Files

#2 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 21 June 2006 - 02:08 am

unusual colours, has it been resprayed at anypoint or is that original?
just interested, wrong side of the pond to buy it....

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#3 darcym

darcym

Carpe fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 188 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 05:24 pm

Might help to put a location where you and bike are, Sasha.

Toneski - that's not an original paint scheme (the '93 was purplish), so yeah it's been repainted.
1992 TDM 850, RED
Corbin seat, Kerker pipes, Givi top case.
DMPHOTOSD.com

#4 stu

stu

full o shoite

• 2,060 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 21 June 2006 - 07:26 pm

QUOTE(darcym @ Wed 21st Jun 2006, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Might help to put a location where you and bike are, Sasha.

area code is S California: Los Angeles (outside downtown: Hollywood; split from 213)

Stu

#5 AL-58

AL-58

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 21 June 2006 - 10:56 pm

Does that mean you get down on your knees every morning to pray it will start?

Al tongue.gif

tdm850-spike.jpgtdm900-kosciuszko-05.jpg

#6 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 22 June 2006 - 07:27 am

nice color scheme thou.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#7 sasha

sasha

arrived on last train

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 07:31 am

QUOTE(AL-58 @ Wed 21st Jun 2006, 03:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does that mean you get down on your knees every morning to pray it will start?

Al tongue.gif

Not sure what that means! (regarding above)

Yes, the bike was apparently resprayed Toneski. I guess it had to do with the small scuff on the left gearbox side (not on my watch!). Whoever painted it, did a great job. I think it looks rather sharp -- kinda mean lookin', matches the sound out of the Kerkers.

I put about 2500 miles since i've had it. It has never given me a problem, and quite to the contrary, has given me a lot of pleasure. This bike doesn't even have the "flat spot" in the powerband i hear a lot about. Smooth, reliable, fun. I know I'll own one again someday...

The bike is in Hollywood, CA. Guess I shoul've mentioned that! I had been living it Minnesota for the past year so only got to ride it when I come home. I'm moving again out of state and would take it with me were it not for moving expenses AND school loans to pay back. When I came home this last time, I forgot to turn the fuel switch to ON (don't laugh) and ran my battery down trying to start it. Instead of getting down on my knees to pray I decided a carb cleaning was in order as it had been sitting for 6 months. Of course it didn't need it at all though, perfectly shiny inside. I noticed it has the Factory Pro emulsion tubes, nice and round. On a whim I moved the circlip and spacer on the needle down (based on things i've read from this forum) a notch. Charged the battery, realized my amatuer idiot mistake, and was off running after making sure charging voltage was up to spec. Before if there was only the slightest of flat spots, there are now NONE. Smooth from 1st through 5th. Besides that and an oil change that's the most "fixing" it has "needed".

So, who's next? Sucks to give it up especially now that it's all dialed, but that's the way it's gotta be. Come check it out. Or just fly in and buy it - take your time going back. whatever...

#8 sasha

sasha

arrived on last train

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 02:28 am

QUOTE(sasha @ Thu 22nd Jun 2006, 12:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, the bike was apparently resprayed Toneski. I guess it had to do with the small scuff on the left gearbox side (not on my watch!). Whoever painted it, did a great job. I think it looks rather sharp -- kinda mean lookin', matches the sound out of the Kerkers.

I put about 2500 miles since i've had it. It has never given me a problem, and quite to the contrary, has given me a lot of pleasure. This bike doesn't even have the "flat spot" in the powerband i hear a lot about. Smooth, reliable, fun. I know I'll own one again someday...

The bike is in Hollywood, CA. Guess I shoul've mentioned that! I had been living it Minnesota for the past year so only got to ride it when I come home. I'm moving again out of state and would take it with me were it not for moving expenses AND school loans to pay back. When I came home this last time, I forgot to turn the fuel switch to ON (don't laugh) and ran my battery down trying to start it. Instead of getting down on my knees to pray I decided a carb cleaning was in order as it had been sitting for 6 months. Of course it didn't need it at all though, perfectly shiny inside. I noticed it has the Factory Pro emulsion tubes, nice and round. On a whim I moved the circlip and spacer on the needle down (based on things i've read from this forum) a notch. Charged the battery, realized my amatuer idiot mistake, and was off running after making sure charging voltage was up to spec. Before if there was only the slightest of flat spots, there are now NONE. Smooth from 1st through 5th. Besides that and an oil change that's the most "fixing" it has "needed".

So, who's next? Sucks to give it up especially now that it's all dialed, but that's the way it's gotta be. Come check it out. Or just fly in and buy it - take your time going back. whatever...

comments? criticism?

#9 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.

Posted 24 June 2006 - 08:41 am

QUOTE(sasha @ Sat 24th Jun 2006, 03:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
comments? criticism?

Hi Sash honey, how ya know it has factory pro emulsions fitted ??? gotta agree on the colour scheme......... i really like it and it looks like a colour yamaha shudda used.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

#10 sasha

sasha

arrived on last train

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 06:14 pm

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Sat 24th Jun 2006, 01:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Sash honey, how ya know it has factory pro emulsions fitted ??? gotta agree on the colour scheme......... i really like it and it looks like a colour yamaha shudda used.

Hey Wick, when I got the carbs open for cleaning the tubes are printed, "factory..."
thanks for the props!

#11 AL-58

AL-58

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 25 June 2006 - 01:56 am

QUOTE(sasha @ Thu 22nd Jun 2006, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Praying it would start was a reference to "religiously maintained".

tdm850-spike.jpgtdm900-kosciuszko-05.jpg

#12 sasha

sasha

arrived on last train

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 10:51 am

QUOTE(AL-58 @ Sat 24th Jun 2006, 06:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Praying it would start was a reference to "religiously maintained".

laughing! i was like, "screw you man! i can take care of my stuff!"
right over the head...

#13 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 25 June 2006 - 11:43 am

Are you sure it didnt say "factory of Yamaha Motorcycles"?

Cannae rememeber seeing "Factory ..." printed on mine!

Boop
dapleb

QUOTE(sasha @ Sat 24th Jun 2006, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Wick, when I got the carbs open for cleaning the tubes are printed, "factory..."
thanks for the props!

"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#14 sasha

sasha

arrived on last train

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 04:46 pm

QUOTE(dapleb @ Sun 25th Jun 2006, 04:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you sure it didnt say "factory of Yamaha Motorcycles"?

Cannae rememeber seeing "Factory ..." printed on mine!

Boop
dapleb

Definitely not yamaha! These had "Factory 120k" on 'em. I still have the old yamaha ones with the part number on there...

#15 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 06:24 pm

QUOTE(sasha @ Thu 22nd Jun 2006, 08:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The bike is in Hollywood, CA. Guess I shoul've mentioned that! I had been living it Minnesota for the past year so only got to ride it when I come home. I'm moving again out of state and would take it with me were it not for moving expenses AND school loans to pay back. When I came home this last time, I forgot to turn the fuel switch to ON (don't laugh) and ran my battery down trying to start it. Instead of getting down on my knees to pray I decided a carb cleaning was in order as it had been sitting for 6 months. Of course it didn't need it at all though, perfectly shiny inside. I noticed it has the Factory Pro emulsion tubes, [color=#FFCC33]huh??? nice and round. On a whim I moved the circlip and spacer on the needle down (based on things i've read from this forum) a notch. Charged the battery, realized my amatuer idiot mistake, and was off running after making sure charging voltage was up to spec. Before if there was only the slightest of flat spots, there are now NONE. Smooth from 1st through 5th. Besides that and an oil change that's the most "fixing" it has "needed".

QUOTE(sasha @ Sun 25th Jun 2006, 05:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Definitely not yamaha! These had "Factory 120k" on 'em. I still have the old yamaha ones with the part number on there...

double huh ????? wifgeni.gif you pulling our skinny tanned legs be any chance Sasha ???!!!!

Edited by wicklamulla, 25 June 2006 - 06:26 pm.

#16 sasha

sasha

arrived on last train

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 09:44 pm

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Sun 25th Jun 2006, 11:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
double huh ????? wifgeni.gif you pulling our skinny tanned legs be any chance Sasha ???!!!!

are those not the Factory Pro one's? you make it seem like i'm trying to put one over on you!
perhaps i'm simply mistaken...

care to enlighten me?

#17 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 02:59 pm

QUOTE(sasha @ Sun 25th Jun 2006, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
are those not the Factory Pro one's? you make it seem like i'm trying to put one over on you!
perhaps i'm simply mistaken...

care to enlighten me?

ahh you mean yer not laugh.gif tongue.gif

#18 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• 6,103 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 09:31 pm

Long as it doesn't say 'Factory Reject' tongue.gif
Posted Image

Always tell the truth, it will gratify some of the people and astonish the rest. (Mark Twain)
£

Stebel Nautilus air-horn, Corbin seat, MRA Touring screen, single Delkevic silencer.
"I see by your outfit that you are a spaceman"(MkI (3VD) TDM Review)
Hints for using Carpe-TDM. (photo's, links, etc).

#19 sasha

sasha

arrived on last train

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 04:53 pm

gear-heads are confusing

#20 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 07:01 pm

QUOTE(sasha @ Tue 27th Jun 2006, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
gear-heads are confusing

this whole site can be confusing at times blink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users