18 replies to this topic

#1 Ruairi

Ruairi

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 09 May 2006 - 11:49 am

These pair came from a TRX that had the whole rear end almost bent to 90 degrees! It looked like it had been wrapped round a pole - the engine was ok and eventually broken. These are the camshafts.... smile.gif
Lookin' for £75 for the pair; buyer pays postage.
"You only have one - You may as well enjoy it"

Rory Horan - Live/Recording/Broadcast Engineer

#2 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 09 May 2006 - 07:00 pm

QUOTE(Ruairi @ Tue 9th May 2006, 10:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
These pair came from a TRX that had the whole rear end almost bent to 90 degrees! It looked like it had been wrapped round a pole - the engine was ok and eventually broken. These are the camshafts.... smile.gif
Lookin' for £75 for the pair; buyer pays postage.

They're the same camshafts as the post '96 TDM.............makes my head and cams complete seem kinda cheap eh nitram???????????? wink.gif

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#3 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 09 May 2006 - 07:17 pm

how ya Rory buchaill.........

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#4 Ruairi

Ruairi

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 10:30 am

QUOTE(dandywarhol @ Tue 9th May 2006, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They're the same camshafts as the post '96 TDM.............makes my head and cams complete seem kinda cheap eh nitram???????????? wink.gif

What are you lookin' for for the head/cams package??

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Tue 9th May 2006, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how ya Rory buchaill.........

Not bad Wicklamulla, How's the craic? I knew by the chat you were one of us!! What part of that mighty county are you outta? good.gif

#5 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 10 May 2006 - 10:49 am

Yeah Wicklamulla, also known as Wicky, wicks part of Oireland are you from?

When he's caught speedin, the copper says "Wick slow".

When he owned a snow machine company it was called "Wick snow".

When he relocated to the top of the hill it was called "Wick snow mountain".

When he's sad everyonw says "Wicks low".

He used to sell second hand candles...they called him "Wicky from Wick Low".

I'll get me coat.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#6 Ruairi

Ruairi

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 11:17 am

QUOTE(dapleb @ Wed 10th May 2006, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah Wicklamulla, also known as Wicky, wicks part of Oireland are you from?

When he's caught speedin, the copper says "Wick slow".

When he owned a snow machine company it was called "Wick snow".

When he relocated to the top of the hill it was called "Wick snow mountain".

When he's sad everyonw says "Wicks low".

He used to sell second hand candles...they called him "Wicky from Wick Low".

I'll get me coat.

I'm outta Galway... banana.gif the best town in the world. Livin' here in Londing for the last 3 years.

#7 nitram

nitram

Carpe groupie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 10 May 2006 - 11:21 am

QUOTE(dandywarhol @ Tue 9th May 2006, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Certainly does smile.gif

There is a complete head in Ebay at the mo for £100 (or best offer) as well, so £75 for a pair of cams does seem a little expensive.
I think ultimatly, things are worth what people are willing to pay for them. Ebay is good in someways because if you have a part that loads of people want you'll get sheds loads of cash for it. On the other hand if you have something that no-one wants then you'll get bugger all for it. rolleyes.gif

Edited by nitram, 10 May 2006 - 11:22 am.

#8 Ruairi

Ruairi

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 11:29 am

QUOTE(nitram @ Wed 10th May 2006, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Certainly does smile.gif

There is a complete head in Ebay at the mo for £100 (or best offer) as well, so £75 for a pair of cams does seem a little expensive.
I think ultimatly, things are worth what people are willing to pay for them. Ebay is good in someways because if you have a part that loads of people want you'll get sheds loads of cash for it. On the other hand if you have something that no-one wants then you'll get bugger all for it. rolleyes.gif

Well I can wait...... i can trade 'em for something i need at a later date.

#9 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.

Posted 11 May 2006 - 11:37 am

QUOTE(Ruairi @ Wed 10th May 2006, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm outta Galway... banana.gif the best town in the world. Livin' here in Londing for the last 3 years.

well i guess ya have figured out be know that im not from Longford tongue.gif good GAA scene over in Galway though......... lets face it when did Licklow last get an All Oireland medal let alone a county championship fer fecks sake rotflmmfao.gif

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

#10 Ruairi

Ruairi

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 11:42 am

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Thu 11th May 2006, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well i guess ya have figured out be know that im not from Longford tongue.gif good GAA scene over in Galway though......... lets face it when did Licklow last get an All Oireland medal let alone a county championship fer fecks sake rotflmmfao.gif

Didn't even know they had a team actually unsure.gif Still it could be worse you could be from Longford rotflmmfao.gif
When did you make the move over an' what'r you up to over here? good.gif

#11 Guest_Emmett_*

Guest_Emmett_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2006 - 11:44 am

QUOTE(Ruairi @ Thu 11th May 2006, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Didn't even know they had a team actually unsure.gif Still it could be worse you could be from Longford rotflmmfao.gif
When did you make the move over an' what'r you up to over here? good.gif

God, I'm sick of all the micks harping on about the mother land ranting.gif

The only good thing about Ireland is munster...... UP CORK. yahoo.gif

#12 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 11:48 am

left the auld sod in 94 to go statesoide fera bit (which i got yahoo.gif ), ended up in London in 95 and hated it fer about 3 years.....then realised i couldn't live anywhere better at the time, moved down ere' to Devon twoandahalf year ago and fecking love it ere too. Rory im a doctor.

QUOTE(Emmett @ Thu 11th May 2006, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
God, I'm sick of all the micks harping on about the mother land ranting.gif
The only good thing about Ireland is munster...... UP CORK. yahoo.gif

up yer jacksie ya Corker unsure.gif

#13 Guest_Emmett_*

Guest_Emmett_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2006 - 11:49 am

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Thu 11th May 2006, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
left the auld sod in 94 to go statesoide fera bit (which i got yahoo.gif ), ended up in London in 95 and hated it fer about 3 years.....then realised i couldn't live anywhere better at the time, moved down ere' to Devon twoandahalf year ago and fecking love it ere too. Rory im a doctor.

I'm also a mick Ruari, I came to scotland 3 years ago for a summer, I never left, I'm a Nuclear physicist.

#14 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 11:53 am

QUOTE(Emmett @ Thu 11th May 2006, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm also a mick Ruari, I came to scotland 3 years ago for a summer, I never left, I'm a Nuclear physicist.

liar he's an astronought lol rotflmmfao.gif

#15 Ruairi

Ruairi

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 12:02 pm

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Thu 11th May 2006, 12:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
up yer jacksie ya Corker unsure.gif

Oh did I not mention I'm a brain surgeon in my spare time - and you look just like a doctor alright!!! rotflmmfao.gif
Just my baby back after a two year wait.....long story - i'll write it out one day, and she needs lots of TLC and the right hand.....
Does anyone round here know any TRX owners or any post 96 TDM owners in need of a pair of camshafts??

QUOTE(Emmett @ Thu 11th May 2006, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It had to be - only a Cork boy would be so blinded by their county pride as to slag of the rest of the Island!! Love Cork - it's a mighty city and used to be the capital of the country.....pity it isn't still i reckon.
I didn't know anyone from Cork had been to the moon - although thats not surprising biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Ruairi @ Thu 11th May 2006, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh did I not mention I'm a brain surgeon in my spare time - and you look just like a doctor alright!!! rotflmmfao.gif
Just my baby back after a two year wait.....long story - i'll write it out one day, and she needs lots of TLC and the right hand.....
Does anyone round here know any TRX owners or any post 96 TDM owners in need of a pair of camshafts??
It had to be - only a Cork boy would be so blinded by their county pride as to slag of the rest of the Island!! Love Cork - it's a mighty city and used to be the capital of the country.....pity it isn't still i reckon.
I didn't know anyone from Cork had been to the moon - although thats not surprising biggrin.gif

Gotta go boys this feckin' work craic is buttin' in to my life again......

#16 Guest_Emmett_*

Guest_Emmett_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2006 - 12:02 pm

QUOTE(Ruairi @ Thu 11th May 2006, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd hate if Cork was the Capital, it'd end up being a shoite-hole like Dublin.

#17 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 12:09 pm

QUOTE(Emmett @ Thu 11th May 2006, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd hate if Cork was the Capital, it'd end up being a shoite-hole like Dublin.

ya then the inhabitants would all have those shaved stepped haircuts and be STV'S (shiny tracksuit victims) and walk around sayin "story" good.gif

#18 Guest_Emmett_*

Guest_Emmett_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2006 - 12:13 pm

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Thu 11th May 2006, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ya then the inhabitants would all have those shaved stepped haircuts and be STV'S (shiny tracksuit victims) and walk around sayin "story" good.gif

Instead they all have funny blonde mullets, their shiny tracksuits tucked into their socks, and they go around saying "LANGER" in an almost incomprehensible accent.

I feel homesick.

#19 Ruairi

Ruairi

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 01:06 pm

QUOTE(Emmett @ Thu 11th May 2006, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Instead they all have funny blonde mullets, their shiny tracksuits tucked into their socks, and they go around saying "LANGER" in an almost incomprehensible accent.

I feel homesick.

rotflmmfao.gif good one...
In Galway it's a No.1 cut, shiny track suit and Sham..like.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users