dbninja

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 13 May 2006 - 12:32 pm

All
thaught i would offer it here first
i have a fuel tank for sale to fit an upto 99 mkII 850 TDM, its in very good condition, no dents or scratches, it has a couple of tiny stone chips that have been touched-up but you would really have to getclose up to see em, its silver with two original yellow flashes in the knee area so its for a Yellow/Silver bike. fuel tap fitted but no filler cap.
i bought it for mine but it has not got the fuel gauge sender detail for my year 2000 850.

would swap for a black or silver tank with the hole for the gauge sender or sell for £60 plus post (guess about £12.50 post)

can send photo if required, but will be away all next week

ta
dbninja
"I dont bleat with the other sheep! ... I ride a GS1150"

#2 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 13 May 2006 - 07:43 pm

cudya not cut out a hole ferrit ninja dood???

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#3 dbninja

dbninja

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 08:45 pm

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Sat 13th May 2006, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
cudya not cut out a hole ferrit ninja dood???

nope Wicky.
am an Engineer by trade and will always make or alter "whatever" and make it fit! have access to most Engineering processes being an Industrial model maker.
but this one i dont think is worth the hassle, the spare tank is an absolute belter too and the one one my bike is a bag-o-shite! which is why i have a baglux cover on it!

will chuck it on ebay if no takers

dbninja

#4 laughin in a windstorm

laughin in a windstorm

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 13 May 2006 - 10:36 pm

if it were me, I'd cut an area of metal out surrounding the mounting hole in the original tank and then cut out a slightly smaller hole in the better tank and weld the 'hole' section from the bad tank into it, I have done this modification with fuel cap sections and fuel tap sections on various tanks in the past with no problems, and as it's on the underside of the tank you don't even need to bother filling it smooth if you don't want to.

ps. I always wash out all traces of petrol first, thought I'd mention that before someone piped in with an odd comment, but then again odd comments are the life force of space dust eating fish, so feel free and pay to look.
it's not my time to go, it's not my time to die
the last thing I want is for my family to cry

#5 dbninja

dbninja

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 09:10 am

[quote name='laughin in a windstorm' date='Sat 13th May 2006, 11:21 PM' post='5053']
if it were me, I'd cut an area of metal out surrounding the mounting hole in the original tank and then cut out a slightly smaller hole in the better tank and weld

yep, thaught about that too... was going to cut out a doubler plate and weld or braze it on then drill & tap through, BUT the sender unit screws into a plastic/rubber insert pressed in on the inside of the tank and this is an integral part of the sealing of the sender unit against the underside of the tank, the metal mounting area is all single thickness and is a pressed detail in the underside of the tank, the chances of getting this lot welded on without it distorting are slim to non existant.

would probly end up ruining a good tank

ps. I always wash out all traces of petrol first, ,,,,,,,, always worth the trouble yahoo.gif

dbninja

#6 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 14 May 2006 - 11:14 am

I'd the opposite problem........I'd to weld a plate over the hole to fit a mk2

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#7 Simonfish

Simonfish

arrived on last train

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 21 May 2006 - 10:08 am

Hi - how much do you want for it - i have yellow/silver mk 2 which I bought with tank cover/bag - lifted cover & found dent!!!

#8 dbninja

dbninja

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 05:49 pm

QUOTE(Simonfish @ Sun 21st May 2006, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi - how much do you want for it - i have yellow/silver mk 2 which I bought with tank cover/bag - lifted cover & found dent!!!

Simonfish

sorry for the delay, just got back off hols...... £60 plus post mate,
you wont be dissapointed, can send you photos if you want.

dbninja

#9 Simonfish

Simonfish

arrived on last train

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 12 June 2006 - 07:25 pm

QUOTE(dbninja @ Tue 23rd May 2006, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Simonfish

sorry for the delay, just got back off hols...... £60 plus post mate,
you wont be dissapointed, can send you photos if you want.

dbninja

Piccys would be appreciated - Pm me
Hope hols were good!!

simonfish

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users