No replies to this topic

#1 drumwrecker

drumwrecker

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:41 pm

I hope I have posted this in the correct place.

Help with information required

Anyone help with information about a motorcycle accident on the Codicote/Hitchin road?

Dear Watch Member,

A man has today (Wednesday, August 27) died following a road traffic collision in Langley. Officers from the Collision Investigation Unit are appealing for witnesses and information.

The incident occurred at around 7.10pm on Thursday, August 21 in London Road (B656). A white Suzuki GSXR motorbike was travelling south and a black Nissan Navaro pick-up was travelling north along the road when the Suzuki bike was in a collision with the Nissan.

An orange Honda CBR motorbike and a black Yamaha R1 motorbike, which were travelling south together on the road, then collided with the Suzuki bike. This resulted in the Honda bike leaving the carriageway.

The rider of the Suzuki bike, a man in his 40s, was taken to Addenbrookes Hospital after the collision. He sadly passed away at the hospital today.

The rider of the Honda bike, a man in his 20s, was taken to Lister Hospital with serious injuries. He is still in hospital in a stable condition.

The rider of the Yamaha bike, a woman in her 30s, was taken to Lister Hospital with minor injuries. She has since been discharged from hospital.

The driver of the Nissan, a man in his 40s, was uninjured.

PC Jackie Lister from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Road Policing Unit is investigating the incident and said: Our thoughts are with the family of the man who died at this extremely difficult time. We are still in the process of fully investigating the collision and I would like to hear from anyone who saw the collision itself or the events leading up to the incident. Please contact me via the non-emergency number, 101, quoting reference ISR 601 of August 21.

If you need to reply regarding this message, click on this email address: jennifer.morris@herts.pnn.police.uk

Regards,
Jenny Morris
Watch Liaison Officer
Neighbourhood Watch
Email: jennifer.morris@herts.pnn.police.uk
1953 BSA Bantam, 1960 Ariel Arrow, 1948 Vincent Rapide, 1959 Matchless G11, AJS 250CSR, 1986 BMW K75s, Suzuki 1999 GS500E, 2002 Suzuki SV650, 1991 VFR750 FL, 2007 TDM900

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users