452 replies to this topic

#421 Manx1200

Manx1200

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 30 June 2011 - 06:19 pm

"England welcomed us back with a massive thunderstorm, I had to stop under a bridge and change my trousers rolleyes.gif"

Did you get wet or were you frightened?
MotoGuzzi Norge 1200GT. for Euro touring
Triumph Street Triple. For those hooligan moments......
Beta Alp 200. For falling off In muddy bits.
I suffer from C.D.O. It's like O.C.D. but all the letters are in the correct order, just as they should be.

banner1.jpg

#422 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 30 June 2011 - 07:15 pm

QUOTE(Manx900 @ Thu 30th Jun 2011, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"England welcomed us back...

Hope you enjoyed your extra trip southwards Paul

England and thunderstorms were a quick dose of reality for us all I think

Pete

Keep music live!

YouTube: pete7kcu

#423 apw99

apw99

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 1,316 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:59 am

QUOTE(Lars @ Mon 27th Jun 2011, 09:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to thank the BIG crowd from carpe that made it to the event. You really gave it a special turn, and showed that we all enjoy similar things and can have days (and nights) of fun together. I did not count the bikes from the islands (just too many). Additionally we had one bike from Italy, 2 from France (as far as I saw), 1 Belgium, 2 from the Netherlands, 1(?) Austrian and a Swiss.

Hi Lars - thanks for having us along. By the way I met a guy from Holland & with his wife so theres another country to add to the list.
Hope the casualty is recovering well.
APW

Have you ever lent someone 20 quid and never seen it again? It was probably worth it.

Long Loved TDM is no longer with me...

#424 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:30 am

QUOTE(apw99 @ Fri 1st Jul 2011, 08:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Lars - thanks for having us along. By the way I met a guy from Holland & with his wife so theres another country to add to the list.
Hope the casualty is recovering well.
APW

rolleyes.gif
Holland = Nederlands
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holland

anyone know if Walter & Chris were successful with their tyre mission?

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#425 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:27 am

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Fri 1st Jul 2011, 09:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
rolleyes.gif
Holland = Nederlands

tongue.gif

Keep music live!

YouTube: pete7kcu

#426 stu

stu

full o shoite

• 2,060 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:43 pm

QUOTE(pete7 @ Thu 30th Jun 2011, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
England and thunderstorms were a quick dose of reality for us all I think

Pete

Nope. Not all of us tongue.gif

Stu

#427 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,276 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:37 pm

I guess you Irish types count an English thunderstorm as just a bit of drizzle not worth putting the waterproofs on for rolleyes.gif

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#428 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:46 pm

QUOTE(ChrisG @ Fri 1st Jul 2011, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess you Irish types count an English thunderstorm as just a bit of drizzle not worth putting the waterproofs on for rolleyes.gif

i remember the comment from last years scottish g2g when someone from 'doon' south said it was raining
a local responded "thats not rain, its wet sunshine, scottish rain comes in from the side"

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#429 stu

stu

full o shoite

• 2,060 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 02 July 2011 - 11:38 am

Yes to that, but more the fact that the sun shone all the way home for me.

Stu

#430 straightforward

straightforward

arrived on last train

• 2 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 02 July 2011 - 02:35 pm

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Fri 1st Jul 2011, 10:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
anyone know if Walter & Chris were successful with their tyre mission?

Hello to all, 1st posting of mine.

Yes, I got my tyre with no probs, however, Chris' had to be ordered and was said to be delivered by Tuesday, Jun 29 morning.

At least, Chris indicated that the price was some 25% lower than what he would pay in Ireland tongue.gif

I got home safely and am now in the final stage of preparation to leave for our family vacation in Croatia.

Cheers - Walter

#431 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 02:53 pm

Hi Walter, was great to meet you! cool.gif

have fun in Croatia, are you taking the bike?

My TDM :

#432 straightforward

straightforward

arrived on last train

• 2 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:20 pm

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Sat 2nd Jul 2011, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Walter, was great to meet you! cool.gif

have fun in Croatia, are you taking the bike?

thanks, was good meeting all of you, too.

You bet, fun is granted in Croatia, but, no, this will be the vacation with wife (1) & sons and daughters-in-law(2 of ea) & grandsons (2) & granddaughters (2) - so I will take the caravan, and the youngsters will rent some fixed accomodation at the campsite.

For me, the next event by bike will be the Austrian AT11 meeting which is going to happen in the southern Austrian province of Carinthia (next to the border to Slovenia)... looking forward to that! _Real_ nice roads, motorbiker's heaven good.gif .

Cheers - Walter

#433 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,276 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:31 pm

Hi Walter, glad to hear you got the tyre sorted. good.gif

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#434 Chris

Chris

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:23 pm

Back at 4.30 today - can't get out of the habit of high speed cruising...

PR3 fitted on Tuesday then down to Black Forest - was glad of a well scrubbed front tyre in the rain & mist of northern Switzerland approaching Basel

Thanks again Walter for your help.

Clutch cable broke in Chalon-sur Saone (they don't give much notice do they?) - a mec with Yam Tmax? 400? town superscoot gave me a lift to the local Yamaha dealer, unfortunately he forgot my knees were the widest part as he screamed through the city... even a gendarme telling him to cool it didn't slow him down, aargh.

However, the fix took less time than a breakdown call would have done - note to self: always carry spare cables.

Chris

#435 paddy900

paddy900

roondaboot

• 1,246 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:28 pm

Chris glad to hear to got your tyre and got home safely,

Pity about the clutch cable,

Walter..it was nice to have met you, have a great holiday with all your family, hopefully we will meet again,

Has anyone heard from Charlie "The Thigh" he left us last Sunday heading for Vienna?

2003 TDM900 in Yellow....Best Colour, Fender extender, Oxford Heated Grips, Givi luggage, Mirror extenders, GS1150 Handguards, Matching seat cover, Belly Pan, R&G crash bungs, Touring screen, Meta alarm, K&N Air Filter,
Centre Stand, Scottoiler,Carbon Cans......really loud, Stainless steel Rad Guard, 12v Accessory socket,

Join us on Facebook

#436 Manx1200

Manx1200

has been here 4ever

• 1,040 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:31 pm

QUOTE(Chris @ Sat 2nd Jul 2011, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

PR3 fitted on Tuesday then down to Black Forest - was glad of a well scrubbed front tyre in the rain & mist of northern Switzerland approaching Basel

Clutch cable broke in Chalon-sur Saone (they don't give much notice do they?) - a mec with Yam Tmax? 400? town superscoot gave me a lift to the local Yamaha dealer, unfortunately he forgot my knees were the widest part as he screamed through the city... even a gendarme telling him to cool it didn't slow him down, aargh.

However, the fix took less time than a breakdown call would have done - note to self: always carry spare cables.

Chris

Hi Chris, good call on Colmar, found a good campsite next to a stream, and had a great time in the mountain passes. Think I'll be going back there again. Glad you got the tyre sorted, bet it feels a lot better. All the best, Paul.

MotoGuzzi Norge 1200GT. for Euro touring
Triumph Street Triple. For those hooligan moments......
Beta Alp 200. For falling off In muddy bits.
I suffer from C.D.O. It's like O.C.D. but all the letters are in the correct order, just as they should be.

banner1.jpg

#437 apw99

apw99

has been here 4ever

• 1,316 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:37 pm

Hi Chris
Bad luck on your bike problems, I had a clutch cable which Stu passed to me. Glad you see you got home safe and sound. Hope to meet up when we have a G2G.
Cheers,
APW

QUOTE(Chris @ Sat 2nd Jul 2011, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Chris

Have you ever lent someone 20 quid and never seen it again? It was probably worth it.

Long Loved TDM is no longer with me...

#438 3vd

3vd

PM Sent

• 2,665 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:57 pm

Glad you got back ok Chris..... sorry to hear about your bad luck, time for a 9er? hide.gif lol

#439 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:15 am

and people laugh that i carry a spare clutch cable and levers etc under my seat rolleyes.gif

My TDM :

#440 Geordie Guy

Geordie Guy

Carpe Citizen

• 3,502 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 03 July 2011 - 09:39 am

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Sun 3rd Jul 2011, 09:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and people laugh that i carry a spare clutch cable and levers etc under my seat rolleyes.gif

Not anymore Tony, I was thinking about that just yesterday.

How handy they are when you need them.

It proved that when Patrick did the horizontal Mambo.

Something breaks like that and they are show stoppers !

Must get some.
I'm a TDM SNOB !!!!     "Adventure before Dementia"  

Kawasaki GT550, XJ900 Diversion, 2002 TDM 900 , 2008 TDM 900a, 2010 TDM 900a.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users