8 replies to this topic

#1 v8guy

v8guy

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 11 May 2018 - 10:19 am

I have a spare front wheel for sale... a 17" one, from an R6 as I recall, in very good condition with good discs and a semi-used tyre (It's probably only done 2000-2500 miles, maybe less). It's a simple change to fit to the TDM, no mods required.

I had this fitted to my TDM and was delighted with the modification, but sadly it's had to come off in favour of the original 18" wheel as the bike's been exported to Italy, where they're less liberally minded about such modifications. Assolutamente vietato! :punishment: :rant: :um:

The wheel is still in Italy, but I'll be retrieving it at some point... anyone interested in making me an offer? Bear in mind that it will take some months before I can get it back home.

Cheers,

guy

v8guy; 2003 TDM900 with added bling: Nitron shock, Racetech fork internals, 17" front wheel, K&N filter, Fuel silencers, PC3, Renthal handle bar, Oxford hot hands, Polisport handguards, Scottoiler (kinda..), Baglux, Givi monorack + pannier rails
My TDM: http://www.gtv8.org/tdm/

Current: 2003 Yamaha TDM900, 2015 BMW R1200RS
Past: Honda CLR125, Honda CB500, Triumph Sprint Sport, Honda VFR750FS, Suzuki DRZ400SM, Triumph Speed Triple 955i, 2015 Honda VFR800X

"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube" - HST

#2 Apache

Apache

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:00 pm

I'll be down there shortly, how far into "il bel paese" is it ?

#3 Timbo1866

Timbo1866

Carpe groupie

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 11 May 2018 - 10:13 pm

Was just talking to my son today about changing the front wheel size am due to replace the tire got an advisory on MOT very low.
How does it affect the handling baring in mind I have a Hagon shock on the back so is a little taller and will the discs fit an R6 wheel just fitted new ones.
Any advice welcome thanks Timbo

#4 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 06:57 pm

Was just talking to my son today about changing the front wheel size am due to replace the tire got an advisory on MOT very low.
How does it affect the handling baring in mind I have a Hagon shock on the back so is a little taller and will the discs fit an R6 wheel just fitted new ones.

I have 17" and Hagon, handles great. then I also have a 16" wheel FZ600 now that's interesting handling. you have to tip it in at the last moment

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#5 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 12 May 2018 - 07:02 pm

Would'nt of thought that wheel will fit a mk2 Timbo iirc, it was on a 9r..

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#6 Timbo1866

Timbo1866

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 08:30 pm

I have 17" and Hagon, handles great. then I also have a 16" wheel FZ600 now that's interesting handling. you have to tip it in at the last moment

Thanks for info
whats your 17 wheel off and was it a straight swap
Thanks Timbo

Would'nt of thought that wheel will fit a mk2 Timbo iirc, it was on a 9r..

Thanks hadnt looked
was just looking at sizes and after a bit of info
Timbo

#7 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,753 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 09:57 pm

Thanks for info
whats your 17 wheel off and was it a straight swap

been written about in the forum somewhere, off an fj1200

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#8 v8guy

v8guy

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:22 am

I'll be down there shortly, how far into "il bel paese" is it ?

As far as I know, it'll only fit a mk3 and you're on a 97 bike.. a mk2?

v8guy; 2003 TDM900 with added bling: Nitron shock, Racetech fork internals, 17" front wheel, K&N filter, Fuel silencers, PC3, Renthal handle bar, Oxford hot hands, Polisport handguards, Scottoiler (kinda..), Baglux, Givi monorack + pannier rails
My TDM: http://www.gtv8.org/tdm/

Current: 2003 Yamaha TDM900, 2015 BMW R1200RS
Past: Honda CLR125, Honda CB500, Triumph Sprint Sport, Honda VFR750FS, Suzuki DRZ400SM, Triumph Speed Triple 955i, 2015 Honda VFR800X

"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube" - HST

#9 ramo

ramo

has been here 4ever

• 1,176 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:24 pm

Look on the wheel if its got 4XV cast into it its suitable for a niner only

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users