#21 danresh

danresh

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:40 pm

QUOTE(Matt101 @ Sun 25th Mar 2012, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It looks like a blind spot mirror Danresh.

Agree with moving the ballast to the other side of the fairing. ECU won't like it at all. I had 2 ballasts back to back in the other side and had no problems at all.

If indeed it is a blind spot mirror, how is it attached to the rear mirror? Would appreciate some more info and if possible - a close up picture.....
Thanks
Danresh
Danresh - the HolyLand TDM knight

TDM900 (2009) - Lowered suspension, Lowered side-stand with wider tip, O2 sensor removed, Givi top and side-cases, H-7+90% headlights, Additional blinking backlights, Stehbel horn, Secdem screen, BMW1150 Bar-risers, Remote controled cellular alarm sys, Throttle lock cruise control, CrumpBuster, GIpro-x type Gear Indicator, Mirrors raised up and out. Rear sprocket-46 teeth. Speedo Healer. K&N AirFilter. Barkbusters Storm Hand-Guards. Dobeck Performance TFI-1025 injection control. Skene Design P3 back LED lights. G-2 Throttle Tamer. BikeVis Bullet LED DRLs on handguards. LED fairing light. 2 Cree U5 LED fog-lights mounted on engine guard. MRA Xcreen on windshield. PR3 tyres.

#22 OldGit

OldGit

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 133 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:12 pm

Thanks for the replies - I'll try ballast unit on the other side of the fairing this weekend....
Alright Brain, you don't like me, and I don't like you. But lets just do this, and I can get back to killing you with beer.

#23 OldGit

OldGit

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 133 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:09 pm

and it works now that the ballast unit is properly fixed (ok cable tied) to the other side of the bike.

Grateful for all your help

Cheers

Nick
Alright Brain, you don't like me, and I don't like you. But lets just do this, and I can get back to killing you with beer.

#24 TDMTAM

TDMTAM

Carpe Citizen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,205 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:26 pm

Glad that worked ok for you.
TAM
2008 TDM 900 in BLACK, MRA Vario, DL handguards & more to come
1994 TDM 850 mkI Silver, with Blueflame end can, Gone to a new owner & I kinda miss her!

th_09062006104.jpg th_02012009095.jpg

Only a Biker knows why a Dog sticks it head out the car window

#25 TDMtiger

TDMtiger

discovering Carpe

• 17 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:39 pm

QUOTE(Cats @ Sun 25th Mar 2012, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have 2. stacked. rolleyes.gif

Guys, thanks for this, been suffering erratic staring / cut out, strapped a ballast either side so course, one was right by ECU!
Moved both to O/S (GB!) piggy back, time will tell!

Two saddles, Four Wheels, 5 cylinders and mega smiles!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users