2 replies to this topic

#1 td or sv? That is the question.

td or sv? That is the question.

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 111 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 27 June 2006 - 01:11 am

Got a fair price from a breakers for this - had a lot of interest, I think they wanted the engine as a possible TRX replacement (shame about the crank firing interval....).

It was very kind of my bike to absorb most of the impact of falling in a bloody big hole, leaving me relatively unscathed - unfortunately I can't say the same for the bike. So....

Anyone interested in a 1991 TDM850 in need of a new front end (wheel, forks, downpipes dented)? 57000kms, reliable as a reliable thing, Z6 tyres, braided front brake lines, Staintune pipe (with minor damage), new battery.

If you want it, offer me something for it and come and get it! - it's located near Mangrove Mountain, being looked after by a kindly farmer who rescued me. I'm not going to the trouble of bringing it back to Sydney to break it, if no-one wants it, I'll give it to the locals to do with as they will.

Please PM me if interested or call me on 0403 980 200.

Richard

Edited by td or sv? That is the question., 26 August 2006 - 02:51 am.

#2 Big Bird

Big Bird

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 30 June 2006 - 12:26 am

Richard, I actually thought about making you an offer, but after an intense search of the web looking for Mk I front ends, I'll have to say 'no thanks'. The 3 Mk I's I was able to find at wreckers were there because they'd all had head-ons. No wonder you're not intending to fix her yourself.

Carrie

#3 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,103 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 30 June 2006 - 03:12 pm

QUOTE(Big Bird @ Thu 29th Jun 2006, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Richard, I actually thought about making you an offer, but after an intense search of the web looking for Mk I front ends, I'll have to say 'no thanks'. The 3 Mk I's I was able to find at wreckers were there because they'd all had head-ons. No wonder you're not intending to fix her yourself.

Carrie

Carrie, there are a lot of other parts there.....

Why does it have to be a TDM front end? Think Yamaha designed special forks rather than taking something from stock??

rolleyes.gif
Posted Image

Always tell the truth, it will gratify some of the people and astonish the rest. (Mark Twain)
£

Stebel Nautilus air-horn, Corbin seat, MRA Touring screen, single Delkevic silencer.
"I see by your outfit that you are a spaceman"(MkI (3VD) TDM Review)
Hints for using Carpe-TDM. (photo's, links, etc).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users