- - - - -

850 shock bolt

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Andrew Valentine_*

Guest_Andrew Valentine_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2006 - 10:29 am

I have a bottom shock bolt for the 850 - bought for my bike but never fitted ( old one corroded & had to be cut out ) not in wrapper but proper genuine Yamaha part & unused £6 (includes postage ) I also have the chain gaurd/hugger , rear mgaurd & various relays ( can't remember their function )

Edited by tdm850rider, 09 July 2006 - 06:30 pm.

#2 Billy B

Billy B

sticking around

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 18 June 2006 - 07:03 pm

QUOTE(Andrew Valentine @ Sun 18th Jun 2006, 09:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a bottom shock bolt for the 850 - bought for my bike but never fitted ( old one corroded & had to be cut out ) not in wrapper but proper genuine Yamaha part & unused £6 (includes postage ) I also have the chain gaurd/hugger , rear mgaurd & various relays ( can't remember their function )

I am interested in the rear hugger. If you could PM me I will arrange to come through and see it.

Cheers Billy

#3 Billy B

Billy B

sticking around

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 08:43 pm

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Sun 18th Jun 2006, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Billy yer bike no have wan as standard ????

Wicky, it does have a standard one that now has an extra non standard hole through it. I was hoping to buy the one of Andrew before I go touring in Europe at the beginning of August.

Is it insertion rubber that you used to shove in your hole?

Edited by Billy B, 18 June 2006 - 08:44 pm.

#4 Guest_Andrew Valentine_*

Guest_Andrew Valentine_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2006 - 09:23 pm

this is the standard hugger ( with the hole ,just want to know WHY yamaha thought thatwas a good idea/? ) black GAFFA tape is what I used - I've got familly in Peebles so could bring it down (if you're still interested ) off touring the big E in 18 days time WOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO

#5 Billy B

Billy B

sticking around

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 09:30 pm

QUOTE(Andrew Valentine @ Sun 18th Jun 2006, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this is the standard hugger ( with the hole ,just want to know WHY yamaha thought thatwas a good idea/? ) black GAFFA tape is what I used - I've got familly in Peebles so could bring it down (if you're still interested ) off touring the big E in 18 days time WOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Will send you a message through this site, by the way met your favourite BMW owner on Leadburn Moor last week.

#6 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 19 June 2006 - 06:43 pm

Andy checks back on his post and wonders how his lower shock bolt generated so much interest......

If anyone manages to wade through all this and actually buy the bolt ... DONT DO IT UP TO YAMAHA TORQUE SETTING of 64???nM as IT WILL STRIP THE THREAD!

Cheers
dapleb
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#7 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 19 June 2006 - 06:58 pm

QUOTE(dapleb @ Mon 19th Jun 2006, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Andy checks back on his post and wonders how his lower shock bolt generated so much interest......

If anyone manages to wade through all this and actually buy the bolt ... DONT DO IT UP TO YAMAHA TORQUE SETTING of 64???nM as IT WILL STRIP THE THREAD!

Cheers
dapleb

aye them bolts are not good quailty and as soft as cream cheese............. PK maybe ya shud split the thread ????

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#8 Billy B

Billy B

sticking around

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 08:42 pm

I am still interested in the shock bolt and hugger, if you are coming to Peebles anyway then I will meet you here. Otherwise I can take a run to Dunbar. I have sent you a Personal Message with my phone No, I thought I had better reply here as your thread is getting a bit cluttered.
Billy

#9 Guest_Andrew Valentine_*

Guest_Andrew Valentine_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2006 - 04:51 pm

SOLD

#10 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 21 June 2006 - 09:36 pm

QUOTE(Andrew Valentine @ Sun 18th Jun 2006, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have a great trip to Eyemouth Andy.....that 6 quid will get you a couple of fish suppers.......... tongue.gif

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#11 Guest_Andrew Valentine_*

Guest_Andrew Valentine_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2006 - 02:49 pm

QUOTE(dandywarhol @ Wed 21st Jun 2006, 10:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have a great trip to Eyemouth Andy.....that 6 quid will get you a couple of fish suppers.......... tongue.gif

Elphinstone Alan , Eyemouth is soooooooooooooooooo last year yu.gif

#12 UncleSimon

UncleSimon

discovering Carpe

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 16 July 2006 - 12:21 pm

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Mon 19th Jun 2006, 07:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
aye them bolts are not good quailty and as soft as cream cheese............. PK maybe ya shud split the thread ????

Yes, just WHY do Yamaha insist on making their bolts and screws out of Edam?

I tried to replace the footpeg rubbers (again) last week. Bloody screw heads just crumble.

Grrrrr. ranting.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users