Sorry but I can't find anything on the forum about this except grinding it out.
Some guys reckon a plastic wall plug or Rawlbolt works, but what's the "official" way - with a bearing puller? All the other mounts slipped out dead easy.
BTW the top shock mounting's easy enough from unedr the bike, given the right tools.
Yes indeedy, one pig of a job, even by Jap bike standards. Thanks for all suggestions.
The plastic Rawlplug method failed immediately, and the first couple of masonry plugs either pulled themselves back out or chewed themselves up when I tried the socket-as-a-puller method. Seems the bush inner is so hard and smooth the Rawl can’t get a grip.
Eventually I found a good fit at Toolstation (97063, see photo) that did grip and after several separate attempts at the heat-Plusgas-tap method it eventually came out. Tried the freeze spray but I’m not convinced that helped. I did notice that it eventually freed when I put the blowtorch on the end of the Rawl rather than the alloy bracket – the opposite of what I’d expect. Unless it was coincidence. Obviously make sure you don’t set fire to the Plusgas or anything else (I’m not convinced a hot air gun would have worked). I was surprised how little corrosion there was on the bush and hole when I eventually got it out.
Tips: it’s worth removing at least the RHS silencer to give room to swing the 3/4lb hammer. I used a sawn-off M10 bolt as a drift. I’ve filed a small notch in the RHS frame bracket to give access to a punch drift next time, it’s a very snug fit even with a brand new bush and cleaned-out hole. Also bear in mind that the swinging arm bearings are not both the same, left is 2525Z right is 2515Z.
If anyone wants a Rawlbolt I’ve got some left, drop me a line.