#61 SteveK

SteveK

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 29 March 2011 - 03:31 pm

QUOTE(leehenty @ Tue 29th Mar 2011, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sizes ... The bore of the banjo that fits over the nose that's what we need to know.

With the casting lines carefully removed from the housing neck, 9mm bore, 6mm long. wall thickness ~ 2mm. I have 4 more of the small bore brass tubes in stock if required.

Steve

Edit, Care must be taken when orienting the banjo so as not to foul the throttle cables.

Edited by SteveK, 29 March 2011 - 03:32 pm.

Full Givi luggage, MRA flip screen with German import top blade, Garmin sat nav, LED running lights, heated grips, Fender extender.
Follow my 2013 Pyrenees tour on http://pyreneestdm.tumblr.com

#62 aircooled68

aircooled68

RTT11 Wales manager

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 29 March 2011 - 04:17 pm

Is that brass bit the end of a lokring???

Dave

202323336-M.jpgpost-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#63 SteveK

SteveK

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 04:19 pm

QUOTE(aircooled68 @ Tue 29th Mar 2011, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dave

Close. its the plain section of an Enots fitting.
Full Givi luggage, MRA flip screen with German import top blade, Garmin sat nav, LED running lights, heated grips, Fender extender.

#64 fredtucker

fredtucker

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 102 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 29 March 2011 - 07:11 pm

I don't understand why Yamaha made such a crude mechanism for mixture control. Surely as this is a fuel injected engine with various electronic sensors sending signals to the management computer, than a sensor controlled enrichment system for cold running/fast idle would be more reliable. I'm sure BMW have been using them for some time.

#65 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 2,441 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 29 March 2011 - 07:23 pm

I was thinking of putting a gaiter over the end but that looks just the job. good.gif

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#66 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 29 March 2011 - 09:38 pm

looks a good mod.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#67 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,754 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 29 March 2011 - 10:32 pm

QUOTE(aircooled68 @ Tue 29th Mar 2011, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dave

Dave you dont know how glad i am that your reading this fella laugh.gif

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#68 Nog

Nog

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:37 am

QUOTE(Catteeclan @ Tue 29th Mar 2011, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was thinking of putting a gaiter over the end but that looks just the job. good.gif

I was thinking exactly the same, the lube tube is a brilliant idea, but with the addition of a gaiter as well would stop the gunk getting in in the first place good.gif

#69 SteveK

SteveK

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:45 am

QUOTE(fruitcake @ Wed 30th Mar 2011, 08:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was thinking exactly the same, the lube tube is a brilliant idea, but with the addition of a gaiter as well would stop the gunk getting in in the first place good.gif

Something like this from a model power boat supplier,
http://www.prestwich...ellows4off1.jpg

Steve

Edited by SteveK, 30 March 2011 - 07:45 am.

#70 Chris B

Chris B

just half a litre to go

• 827 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 12:20 pm

Just twat it with a mallet when it sticks, it always free mine up tongue.gif

02 TDM 900, Silver. 85k miles 

Givi Box + panniers, Baglux Cover, Baglux Bag, R&Gs, Remus Cans, PC3, Air Box Mod, DL handguards, Hel Hoses, Heated Grips, LED Lights on handguards, Scottoiler, Scorpion Rad guard, Top Sellerie Seat, Gear Indicator, Stebel Nautilus, Wilbers Rear Shock, MCT reworked forks.

#71 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,441 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:46 am

QUOTE(SteveK @ Wed 30th Mar 2011, 08:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Something like this from a model power boat supplier,
http://www.prestwich...ellows4off1.jpg

Steve

Could well do the job although there'll be some stretching on the body end. No a prob if it's good rubber.
I was looking at one off a car hand brake cable but it's pretty much the same as your pictured.

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#72 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,089 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 10:58 pm

found the right bellows for this.

http://www.prestwich...uk/hdwraccs.htm

The bit we want is GA19, has 9mm wide mouth to go over the housing.

I have two of these so when I've done the job I'll post pics.
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#73 dmmsta

dmmsta

supporter of the "Anti-Dazzle" Club

• 3,627 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:28 am

Mr Henty, would these do the trick based on SteveK's info on the bolts?

I've not real idea about threads, and pitch, and all that...

M5 x 16

M5 x 30

I'd quite happily make the purchase, and then send spares out to those that need them too...my way of giving back to Carpe.
MY06 TDM 900 Blue over Silver 354906_45.png
-----
Fuel Pipes
Givi Top Box
Renthal 758's
Grip Puppies
MRA Bubble
Dip & Hi HIDs

To-Do:
LED DRLs
Loobman
Powercoat Wheels
Hand Guards

-----
MY04 TDM 900 Blue over Silver Parts Bin
MY02 TDM 900 Yellow over Black RIP
post-1-1150550733.gif...post-1-1150559830.gif...copilot_zpsgezqc0xz.jpg...hids.jpg...

#74 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,089 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 01:33 pm

QUOTE(dmmsta @ Wed 6th Apr 2011, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mr Henty, would these do the trick based on SteveK's info on the bolts?

I've not real idea about threads, and pitch, and all that...

M5 x 16

M5 x 30

I'd quite happily make the purchase, and then send spares out to those that need them too...my way of giving back to Carpe.

Er yes they would do the trick no problem. Can I advise using M5 stainless spring washers under the heads to stop them coming loose, this is a vibration area after all.

I do hold all these sizes in stock of course.

Edited by leehenty, 06 April 2011 - 01:38 pm.

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#75 dmmsta

dmmsta

• 3,627 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 02:41 pm

QUOTE(leehenty @ Wed 6th Apr 2011, 02:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do hold all these sizes in stock of course.

Kinda thought you probably would, but didn't want to take the michael so to speak... blush.gif

Could I possibly request a set (2 of each type I believe)...

Let me know cost & I'll PP you the money.
-----
Fuel Pipes
Givi Top Box
Renthal 758's
Grip Puppies
MRA Bubble
Dip & Hi HIDs

To-Do:
LED DRLs
Loobman
Powercoat Wheels
Hand Guards

-----
post-1-1150550733.gif...post-1-1150559830.gif...copilot_zpsgezqc0xz.jpg...hids.jpg...

#76 SteveK

SteveK

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:37 pm

QUOTE(leehenty @ Tue 5th Apr 2011, 11:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just a thought, do you know that the compressed length of the bellows is sufficient for the amount of travel of the plunger. Would'nt want the bellows restricting full movement. This is something I did not measure so no idea of the range.

Steve K

#77 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,441 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:49 pm

QUOTE(leehenty @ Tue 5th Apr 2011, 11:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

clapping.gif

Good find, now ordering.

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#78 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,089 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 06:02 pm

Done mine today, tried both bellows, GA18 and GA19, GA18 with the narrow neck snipped off at the fourth bump is just right. The advantage is that GA18 comes in fours. Stainless allen screws and spring washers to put back. Used aCf50 to lubricate.

Cut off FORTH bump near NARROW end, not the other end or you will ruin the job works a treat.

Edited by leehenty, 09 April 2011 - 07:22 pm.

#79 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 09 April 2011 - 06:05 pm

anyone think this worthy of be moved to the knowledge base?

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#80 dmmsta

dmmsta

• 3,627 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:47 am

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Sat 9th Apr 2011, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
anyone think this worthy of be moved to the knowledge base?

With all the problems us 9ers have with the CSM I give that idea the good.gif
-----
Fuel Pipes
Givi Top Box
Renthal 758's
Grip Puppies
MRA Bubble
Dip & Hi HIDs

To-Do:
LED DRLs
Loobman
Powercoat Wheels
Hand Guards

-----

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users