Sir Cumference

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,395 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 20 May 2021 - 06:01 pm

Lets start with....

Meee

Five foots eleven on the odd occasion I stand up properly and for our continental readers 110kg

46L or 48R Harris Tweed jacket size don't y'know yah

The jacket

RST 2193 Pro Series X-Raid Jacket

The order

Size 50UK/60EU (a bit bigger to get a jumper on)

Arrived 2 days late (back order = no stock BS IMO (maybe direct from supplier as 2 different address labels present)) DPD delivery fine :good:

Jacket was tiny, more like a 42 or a 44 at a stretch :sorry: - I could see it wasn't going to fit before trying it - it would not go around me and the arms were half-way up my forearms.

Bought via ebay and returned for £3.25. 

MnP refunded purchase price very quickly and painlessly. :)

Ordered same variety of jacket - a 54UK from MnP Direct (£50 cheaper than ebay BTW - put it in your basket to see the discount)

MnP more back order BS and an additional 1 day delay 2 label before DPD delivery

The initial review

Fits well although the storm collar is a little restrictive for lifesavers and will be surplus to requirements, arms a good fit.  Jacket seems to be well constructed and with the current British Summer I'll be testing the wetproof properties soon. Liner feels nice for all you closet frottage types. :unsure2:

Apart from the delay M and P were great.

RST sizing is wholly inaccurate

I do hope this helps someone else go try it instead.

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#2 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,754 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 20 May 2021 - 06:12 pm

Dont worry Al, you and me is very similar shape and size, European sizes always hit and miss for me which meant i stopped buying online, other non bike stuff i order multiples off and then normally free return on what wont fit... it's a bugger having a fat arse an all for trouser size as usually have to go a waist size up, your prolly 2 i reckon  :D

You getting full new kit this year then ?

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#3 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,214 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 20 May 2021 - 06:58 pm

Sounds like code for are you putting weight on Al ? lol

Looks similar to my Akito Desert Storm jacket.

rst-2193.jpg

I love this style of jacket.  Loads of pockets and useful vents for warmer climes.  Also less draughts around the lower back compared to a leather or short jacket.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#4 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,395 posts

Posted 20 May 2021 - 07:00 pm

Yeah all renew ready to do some serious miles asap.

HG gear will be going for sale soon.

Deffo lardy here.

@SR

Yeah I like em for UK  (unless feeling particularly high-spirited (mmm leathers)) n shorter EU rides in summer or longer rides earlier/later in the year.

Not sure about the PALS on chest - might be an aggressive stop by plod if they're populated with spare mag pouches :rolleyes:

RFB - Al

Edited by Favs, 20 May 2021 - 07:09 pm.

#5 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,754 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 20 May 2021 - 07:03 pm

I could do with some new fat pants an all, other expenses out the way an will see.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#6 James

James

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 21 May 2021 - 09:36 pm

Sizing issues must be a UK company thing (not that RST are actually made in the UK I guess). I recently bought a Weise jacket - I’d normally get an L (5’ 11” / 90kg) but decided to go for an XL for a looser fit to allow for an extra mid-layer.

I can’t get the bloody thing on with the liner in! Having to send it back to get a 2XL! At least SportsBikeShop make to returns process easy and free. 

84 Honda XL600R  :)

04 TDM900  :good:

21 KTM 790 Adventure  ;)

#7 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• 1,792 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 22 May 2021 - 05:38 pm

Oh no, not the inches debate again....😁
Bjørge

#8 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,395 posts

Posted 22 May 2021 - 07:07 pm

Yeah I know, but at least the numbers are supposed to relate directly to a distance unlike xl, xxl ,xxxl etc..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users