Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 29 September 2021 - 12:37 pm

This specific item:

https://www.halfords...TYzMjkxODMxNS4w

The slug recently went for mot test and while on the wibble wobble plates, I noticed there was a lot of flex in the tyre sidewalls....

So I checked the pressures with one of my shiny stick collection and it said pressures fine....

So then I checked the shiny stick and it reads 3psi high!! So then I checked another shiny stick and reads 2psi high. So then I checked another brand new shiny stick and that read spot on.....but didn't work at all below 20psi.

I did also get a digital gauge from Yamaha.....but that was already in the bin as 4psi out!!!!

At this point I remembered how impressed I had been with the accuracy of a little Halfords branded one that we often test at work and I have yet to find a bad'un.

So I bought it....checked and it's accurate to Less than 0.5psi at all values.

Only annoying bits, no trade discount on this item and it said "click and collect in 1 hour" as local store had in stock...and once ordered said it would be available in a week. Grrr.

The tread depth gauge is also decent accuracy.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#2 Pedro

Pedro

Carpe groupie

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 01 October 2021 - 05:48 pm

Ive got one of those Halfords pistol grip type tyre gauge. I dont know how long I've had it but I've had to change the battery three times. I have no way of testing its accuracy but i know when I set my tyres to 29/33, it rides good. I'm in Halfrauds Country in two weeks so I might invest in a new one although I might find out my old one is out!

#3 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• 1,508 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 01 October 2021 - 07:35 pm

I use a 'plunger' type (well, the opposite really) that I bought about 60 years ago. No impact on the environment since. Ideal anyway when there is little room twixt wheel hub and valve.

1940s Ariel 350 (ex-military) Khaki > Black & White '56' Kymco Venox 250 Metallic Grey '56' TDM 900/A (ABS) Silver[b] '56' Yamaha MT-03 White <p>[b] '14' Yamaha MT-07 Matt Grey[b] '17' Honda Rebel 500 

#4 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 04 October 2021 - 02:33 pm

good to know as we recently bought 2 of those Halfords pressure gauges. 

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users