Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 23 July 2011 - 07:39 pm

Aaaah, no. It's more cityside I think.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#22 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 23 July 2011 - 07:43 pm

Stink oil give that wan a miss then. Mayhaps bait a few traps incase they escape from that there West Munster place.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#23 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 23 July 2011 - 07:59 pm

QUOTE(dapleb @ Sat 23rd Jul 2011, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Stink oil give that wan a miss then. Mayhaps bait a few traps incase they escape from that there West Munster place.

what are you using for bait?
expenses forms?

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#24 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 08:35 pm

Tell em oi seed a badger acting loike he had caught TB from a cow...that was acting loike it were a bit mad, bein followed by a chicken wid an avian type cough and a pack o hooonds who were on the trail of Emperor the Exmoor stag. That should do it.

OR....back in the real world. Some guy just got fined by customs and exercise cous he did the council a flavour and mowed a footy pitch wid his tractor....they pounced on him and did him for using red diesel. laugh.gif Aparently he shoulda drained the tractors fuel supply filled it with normal diesel, mowed the pitch, drained the normal diesel, filled his tractor with red diesel again and been on his way as twerent for agricultural use. rotflmmfao.gif

Test ride was successful. Managed to snap a derallieur cable leaving me in top gear, me seat post slipped and me new welded wires blew up me phone battery. laugh.gif

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#25 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 23 July 2011 - 09:08 pm

QUOTE(dapleb @ Sat 23rd Jul 2011, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Test ride was successful. Managed to snap a derallieur cable leaving me in top gear, me seat post slipped and me new welded wires blew up me phone battery. laugh.gif

And you call that successful rotflmmfao.gif

give me a shout when you make the borders rolleyes.gif

tis a good job the seat remained on or you might have joined the 900 riders club (walking bandy) rotflmmfao.gif

Edited by Hartside Man, 23 July 2011 - 10:34 pm.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#26 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 02:39 pm

blink.gif

No valve shreddin' then ! good.gif

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#27 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 08:15 pm

Hmm hope my theory about rims is correct, will only know when on massive doonhill gradient with all luggage on. If the tyre suddenly goes flat and oi crash then guess t'werent the rims.

Any ideas how to stop a seat post slippin? I had heard chalk would work...it didn't. Am thinking of shim steel but that complicates things.

I did snap a seat post once amarko and nearly got an angus full of shrapnel! ohmy.gif

#28 stu

stu

full o shoite

• 2,060 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 24 July 2011 - 09:26 pm

Is it that the seat tube clamp doesn't grip the seat post? Or just that it slips down with use?
If it's not turnng but just slipping, would summat like a jubilee clip around the seat post do it?

Otherwise, maybe a shim of emery paper might give a bit of grip.

Stu

#29 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 09:31 pm

Just slips down during use. It has quick release mechanism, think oil try an old fashioned bolt and yer jubbly clip idea. Ta stu.

#30 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 08:11 am

Drill 2 lickle owels in the Cindy an stick a pininit ? unsure.gif

#31 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:12 am

QUOTE(Studley Ramrod @ Mon 25th Jul 2011, 09:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Drill 2 lickle owels in the Cindy an stick a pininit ? unsure.gif

laugh.gif Took me a few seconds.

Think I have it sorted now. I went to boike shop and they gave me some sticky tack what they use on carbon fibre Cindys. So now have, proper nut/bolt combo. Jubbly clip and sticky tack. Hopefully this will sort it and I wunt snap the Cindy and cut me Sonya.

#32 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 06:22 pm

Hope ya have a top adventure smile.gif

Oh, and best o luck finding the Home of Morris, I gave up lookin' ont'interweb tongue.gif

#33 masterbrewer

masterbrewer

has been here 4ever

• 1,553 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:25 am

good.gif
QUOTE(dapleb @ Mon 25th Jul 2011, 06:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
.....Any ideas how to stop a seat post slippin?

Go on a diet tongue.gif

Have a great time, TDMs will be even more loved when you get back.

drinks.gif

Edited by masterbrewer, 26 July 2011 - 08:26 am.

#34 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:26 am

QUOTE(masterbrewer @ Tue 26th Jul 2011, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
good.gif
Go on a diet tongue.gif

I have heard talk of such things but apparently it doesn't involve cake! Sounds 'orrible.

Luggage all packed now. Ed Zackery 1 stone in each of 2 pan-ears. That includes everything. Jobs a badger.

See thee all later taters.

#35 Spongey

Spongey

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:19 am

If last time is a guide; I'll give it three days before he phones home for help! Interesting situation as he isn't 'talking' to Dad at the moment! I await a desperate text!

#36 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:12 pm

laugh.gif Thought that might dig ya out of yer wee hole.

Feel free to send me "encouraging" texts spongey as I treader along with not even a hint of valve shred. badgrock.gif

#37 Spongey

Spongey

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:46 pm

QUOTE(dapleb @ Tue 26th Jul 2011, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laugh.gif Thought that might dig ya out of yer wee hole.

Feel free to send me "encouraging" texts spongey as I treader along with not even a hint of valve shred. badgrock.gif

I would hope you would still be OK! You have only been going for a few hours! How many pubs so far? rolleyes.gif

#38 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:04 pm

What a mega enjoyable afternoon! No valve probs over the devon hills, great wedder. Taken all tiny back roads and tracks. Just done 30mins work in exchange for delux camping. Crackin day.

Now on the edge of the black top hills .... Or summat loike dat.

#39 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:29 pm

QUOTE(dapleb @ Tue 26th Jul 2011, 08:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What a mega enjoyable afternoon! No valve probs over the devon hills, great wedder. Taken all tiny back roads and tracks. Just done 30mins work in exchange for delux camping. Crackin day.

Now on the edge of the black top hills .... Or summat loike dat.

Still got a few miles to do to get here ( and the camping is free gratis) tongue.gif

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#40 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:32 pm

A perfect start smile.gif I'm struggling with the 'deluxe' bit tho laugh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users