#81 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,105 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 10 September 2010 - 03:12 pm

So they didn't even drop boike on the floor? There might be hope for them yet. I have been wanderin if they got annoyed they couldn't start it so lobbed it on the floor.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#82 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 10 September 2010 - 03:53 pm

Good news,, well not the ignition bust though,, glad you have her back Ian,, tuck her up in bed tonight buddy giveusahug.gif

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#83 SelinaXC

SelinaXC

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:36 pm

Very pleased you've got her home and with minimal damage Studley smile.gif
Selina
Tiger 800XC in black & WR400F rider, cohabiting with two TeDiuMs, a Mk1 and a Mk3.

#84 idlebloke

idlebloke

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 10 September 2010 - 05:12 pm

Brilliant news.

Told my missus your story last night when watching one of those reality police programs. Old Bill actually took this blokes car back to his house for him as it was close to where they picked it up with the person they nicked for it!! Obviously contra to your (and most others experience)

.....I may have a mirror. Won't be new, but let me know if you want me to check.

#85 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 10 September 2010 - 06:26 pm

It don't look as though she were dropped but i'm still trying to figure out how the o/s mirror was snapped off at the top of the stem.

I'll take some bike piccys tomorra and then give her a good wash and a proper look over. Gotta contact the insurance and see where I stand with the recovery costs as I can't fully decipher my policy blink.gif

Still got the yellow frame bung too yahoo.gif

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#86 Guest_trevini_*

Guest_trevini_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 September 2010 - 07:46 pm

Good news, Ian. Soon be back on the road.

#87 Moose

Moose

Master Cake Baker

• 3,312 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:03 pm

Glad she's back fella with minimal in duries good.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carpe-TDM.net - A place where everyone can have their cake and eat it!!!!!

TDM900/A 2007 Black, DL650 XTZ1200 Super Ten Handguards, Oxford Heated Grips, Double Bubble Screen, Fenda Extenda, Pipe Werx Oval Black SL Zorsts, R+G Crash Bungs, Mirror Extenders, Wilbers Rear Shock with Remote Hydraulic Preload, Wilbers Progressive Fork Springs, Scottoiler Touring Kit, Clear LED Rear Light Unit, Clear Indicators, PUIG Bellypan, V46 + 2 x E41 Keyless Luggage, Black Renthal 755 Medium Road Bars with Brace, 3 x 12v Accessory Socket, Beowolf Rad Guard.

TDM has moved on, i now own a Black 2009 Honda VFR 800 VTEC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Without cake, we are merely just people who ride bikes

#88 jim850wav

jim850wav

needs a 2nd hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:56 pm

Glad to hear all is turning out not to bad... the whole thing just really pisses you off ... but it will give you something to talk over at your next G2G... I get mine back tomorrow after my close encounter with the 4X4 .. have to get get a good look to see what I,ll need to.. ranting.gif
Slightly beat up Mk1 but still going

#89 masterbrewer

masterbrewer

has been here 4ever

• 1,553 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 12:43 am

Excellent news Studley good.gif

After your exploits, I was at the shopping centre yesterday so I put a padlock on the rear disc, just to be sure. Forgot it when I came out & was wondering why I couldn't reverse out of the carpark, thought someone had put a brick on the road or something until the penny dropped. rolleyes.gif

I can still hear someone laughing now blush.gif

Edited by masterbrewer, 11 September 2010 - 12:44 am.

#90 Trotski

Trotski

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 11 September 2010 - 12:58 am

The only times that I've dropped my road bike (other than Animal interference) was due to forgeting the disc lock that I now never use
Trotski

All ways remember, A Pessimist Is Never Disappointed

'98 CT200P AutoAg , '93 Purple Kawasaki ZZR 250, 2004 Black Kawasaki ZZR 250 2005 Black Kawasaki ZZR 250
1999 Baltic Blue TDM 850 2010 Black TDM900

#91 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 07:43 am

Thanks fellas smile.gif

QUOTE(jim850wav @ Fri 10th Sep 2010, 10:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Glad to hear all is turning out not to bad... the whole thing just really pisses you off ... but it will give you something to talk over at your next G2G... I get mine back tomorrow after my close encounter with the 4X4 .. have to get get a good look to see what I,ll need to.. ranting.gif

I've still got the side panels Jim, pm me yer addy if you want 'em. smile.gif Fingers crossed it's not too painful for ya today !

QUOTE(masterbrewer @ Sat 11th Sep 2010, 01:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Excellent news Studley good.gif

After your exploits, I was at the shopping centre yesterday so I put a padlock on the rear disc, just to be sure. Forgot it when I came out & was wondering why I couldn't reverse out of the carpark, thought someone had put a brick on the road or something until the penny dropped. rolleyes.gif

I can still hear someone laughing now blush.gif

laugh.gif Ahhh yes, just checking it works folks, of course I knew all the time I'd fitted it !

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#92 CaptainSlow

CaptainSlow

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 11 September 2010 - 08:27 pm

Good to hear the ordeal's nearly over.. On the subject of video-ing with 'puters, there are a couple of freebies out there that you can use to turn any old webcam into CCTV surveillance:

Yawcam - small & simple
Vitamin D - single-camera version is free.

I've also got a cheapy wireless IP camera like this one
eBay linkiness in my daughter's nursery; it streams live to the internet so I can view it from anywhere, including on my phone, it will also upload images at regular intervals to the web via FTP. Needs a bit of fiddling with your router to allow communication but worth the geekiness.

1996 TDM850 in Yellow, Motad Nexxus, MK1 bashplate, Acerbis handguards, K&N, Xenons, Aux lamps, Bluespot calipers, Renthal 755 bars, DIY panniers, JBX-inspired gear indicator.  (Currently not on the road.)

Bikes wot I have had and dun't have any more: 1983 Honda CB125TDC, 1976 Kawasaki S1C (early KH250 stroker triple), 1986 Honda VF500F2, 1992 Kawasaki KLE500.

#93 idlebloke

idlebloke

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 08:01 am

Useful links, thanks.

Can't think of a use for them at the moment, but will keep a note of em

#94 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 10:10 am

QUOTE(caerbannog @ Sat 11th Sep 2010, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good to hear the ordeal's nearly over.. On the subject of video-ing with 'puters, there are a couple of freebies out there that you can use to turn any old webcam into CCTV surveillance:

Yawcam - small & simple
Vitamin D - single-camera version is free.

I've also got a cheapy wireless IP camera like this one
eBay linkiness in my daughter's nursery; it streams live to the internet so I can view it from anywhere, including on my phone, it will also upload images at regular intervals to the web via FTP. Needs a bit of fiddling with your router to allow communication but worth the geekiness.

Good stuff Daniel, cheers smile.gif Think I need to update my geeky goodies, well, if ya can call an 8mm handycam geeky, I do ! tongue.gif

#95 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:02 am

Rang my insurance company and I can't claim back the £150 police recovery cost as my excess is £250. dry.gif

Police rang me last nite to ask if there was anything else to add now that I'd got my bike back. Of course I mentioned the fact that it was difficult finding the £150 and that it didn't seem fair that I should pay for the recovery simply because the forensics team have to investigate it.
That's police policy these days, was the reply.

So, chav causes £60 damage. Joe public saves the day by finding my bike smile.gif

Police then legally steal my bike and threaten to crush it if I don't pay them £150.

#96 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 11:00 am

Photos as promised.

Pics, did happen laugh.gif

that there silva pahhhda teks sum reet shiftin' it's like reeeely greasy.

Looks like the offside bar/mirror was twitted on summat. Damage cudda easily been a lot worse an methinks I were lucky in a way. There's also a few light scratches to the offside on the tank an side panel.

I wonder what I'll be doin' this winter rolleyes.gif

#97 aircooled68

aircooled68

RTT11 Wales manager

• 1,581 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 16 September 2010 - 11:06 am

Yeah good news could have been a lot worse

Dave

202323336-M.jpgpost-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#98 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,105 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 11:06 am

Did they find oubt interesting by dusting it?

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#99 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:09 pm

QUOTE(dapleb @ Thu 16th Sep 2010, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did they find oubt interesting by dusting it?

Won't know for 3-4weeks if they have or not rolleyes.gif

I'll probably get an invoice for the test results tongue.gif

#100 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,105 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:26 am

http://www.carpe-tdm...o...c=18921&hl= huh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users