#41 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 18 January 2021 - 07:20 pm

Actually Studs dunno if you've done much mileage with the panears mounted but, I notice the end can is quite close ?

On me old niner I put some adhesive alufoil on the bottom for protection, just a thought,hate to see ya nightdress falling out.. :) :)

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#42 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 18 January 2021 - 07:25 pm

There's more room than ya think actually Dabs. But, I will put some foil on as I haven't used 'em at all yet. :lol:  Nightdress goes in the left pannier.  :P  

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#43 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 07:27 pm

Haha best keep the oil in the left an all, prolly the photo, my zorsts are approx same angle as yours so gives me an idea if they would fit or not...

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#44 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 07:40 pm

Quite a bit of space here

post-2809-0-90494600-1592667983_thumb.jp

It's the indicators that could ideally be more visible.  I might fit the oem wans onto the carriers but I like the option of easy removal of the carriers and fitting the indicators means a lot of faff.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#45 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 07:44 pm

Oh yea, that's a better shot, looks fine eh, why not make a bracket to fit right behind the number plate so able to attach tickentockens, out of the way and more visible, would need to extend wiring maybe.

#46 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 07:46 pm

Good idea, I'll see how visible they are at present when I get out on the bike, some foil on the side of the panniers might help illuminate the area a bit.

#47 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 07:53 pm

Off subject a bit but,if I buy from Rafael which is my preference I'll have the dreaded vat and customs charge now,poo.

#48 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 07:57 pm

Should be any customs charges mate, we trade freely with the EU.  There might be some paperwork for Rafal to fill in though. AFAIK.

#49 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 08:11 pm

Yep will need to get in touch, cheers just had a quick snoop and under £135 should be okay,maybe a small handling charge..

#50 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 08:17 pm

Just summat for you to think about, I understand Paul still has the trailer setup and was willing to sell it a while ago.  Prolly better for camping with as it'd need securing if ya took it to hotels. Dooable though.  Heck, I might just be talking myself into getting it. :lol:

post-137132-0-08928400-1591044042_thumb.

#51 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 08:21 pm

Haaaaaa I've just had visions of flying off me bike round a corner and that overtaking me haha,it's a good idea ta,but it would also mean finding somewhere to store it and as ya know I'm limited, a good thought anyway.

#52 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 10:33 pm

Ian did you sort out the support arms to the footrest hanger or left it in limbo for now ?

#53 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 07:06 am

Still in limbo at the mo. They need a small plate welding on the ends, a hole drilled and then re-painting. The panniers are still very sturdy as they are though.

#54 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 09:48 am

:um:  ya think a bit of heat and a slight bend would sort it, prolly a bit more awkward eh.

#55 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 08:22 pm

I guess it's dooable, might be too much of a bend required though, the existing hole is over an inch away from where it needs to go. I prefer to weld a tang on, then I can remove it at a later date, if need be, and sell it on as mk1/mk2 panniers.

#56 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 10:34 pm

Oh right, cant pick that up from the photo's it looks a lot closer, weldings the way then..

#57 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 09:26 am

g650xtdm's mk1

CIMG1186.JPG

CIMG1194.JPG

All here Dabs.  http://www.carpe-tdm...showtopic=30381

#58 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 11:32 am

That's a booger innit, you have mk1 footpeg hangers on your bike, imagine you do, mine are from a mk2 which are a smidgeon different in size !! might make a difference to fit on mine ? Cheers  :good:

#59 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 27 February 2021 - 07:47 pm

That's a booger innit, you have mk1 footpeg hangers on your bike, imagine you do, mine are from a mk2 which are a smidgeon different in size !! might make a difference to fit on mine ? Cheers  :good:

Having mk2 hangers dont make a jot of difference...

Met Lew yesterday as i bought his old mk2 rack which he dropped off for me while working in this neck of the woods, lubberly chap even iffin he hails from Manchester  :)

However as he mentioned aint no fixing brackets as they got left on the bike when he sold it soooo, i could do with some dimensions for the fittings from the pannier rack to underneath the frame, number 3 in the fiche on page 1, would you mind a quick measure when your at the bike again Studs, think i'll make an L shaped bracket as opposed to the boxy thing in the fiche, that shape might be mk2 specific.. also got Lew's old E21's and a woppa top box as well, woopwoop, said i would'nt fit panniers again i recall.. :lol:

#60 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 27 February 2021 - 08:45 pm

Not sure I can get a really accurate measurement without removing it or at least removing the pannier frame and rear plastics.  Will have a look tomato. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users