#1 apw99

apw99

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 05 January 2021 - 11:06 am

Hi folks, I have not been on for a while, I hope you are all doing well. A lot of you will remember Chris Larkin aka TeDeum who passed away over two years ago, another one of our circle lost to cancer. Chris was a custom guitar builder of extraordinary skill and passion. He was an inspiration and mentor to me in so many ways and I sorely miss him. I along with Paddy, Stu and many other Chris's  :lol:  rode along with him on many great adventures. Chris became one of my best mates and I am so lucky to have known him. Syra his wife is doing well, still living in Kerry and turning out amazing art.

This photo is on our last trip which was to France. Chris was sick then but still strong enough. He went over to speak at a guitar builders conference so we rode together for a few days, Chris then went to his conference and I went for a bimble on my own for a few days. I didn't know back then that that would be our last adventure. 

Chris was a special sort of human being. I knew that on the first weekend we had an Irish G2G in Cork. I woke up in my tent on the first morning which was right beside the sea. Chris was up already and it was early and was having a skinny-dip in the sea all alone. Only Chris could so something so off the wall !

Anyone who is interested in guitars should have a look through his work at https://www.chrislarkinguitars.com/

Also a Facebook collection history of some of his work and their owners https://www.facebook...ayers/fan group

Stay between the heavenly ditches Chris.

Attached Files

Have you ever lent someone 20 quid and never seen it again? It was probably worth it.

Long Loved TDM is no longer with me...

#2 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 05 January 2021 - 11:14 am

RIP Chris. :drinks:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#3 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 05 January 2021 - 11:17 am

Xxxxx
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#4 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 11:43 am

RIP Chris, a man who lived to the highest Carpedian standards - rode an oil burning 850, was superb company, a good friend to many on here and above all, a lover of good cake.

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#5 Rallyist

Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• 3,251 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 05 January 2021 - 03:37 pm

Gone but not forgotten RIP Chris keep them wheels turning

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#6 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• 1,791 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 04:15 pm

RIP

I have seen this guitar website before, now images/gallery are unfortunately no longer present...

Bjørge

#7 apw99

apw99

has been here 4ever

• 1,316 posts

Posted 06 January 2021 - 11:31 pm

RIP

I have seen this guitar website before, now images/gallery are unfortunately no longer present...

You are right, I'm not sure it is being maintained anymore.

Stay safe folks.

Have you ever lent someone 20 quid and never seen it again? It was probably worth it.

Long Loved TDM is no longer with me...

#8 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 09 January 2021 - 05:58 am

Very much missed.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic